Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Favourite Audiobook series 16:39 - Nov 20 with 1177 viewsswisscottage

I like walking as exercise. Being an over 50, getting lots of walking in for me, is the best way to keep weight off or lose it.

One of the ways I motivate myself to get 10 to 15 hours of brisk walking in a week is by listening to audiobooks.

And for this I tend to focus on long series of books with consistent in depth character development, mostly Science Fantasy, but also historical fiction.

So My favourite series of books is Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series -Total of 420hours of listening which took me about 6 months of listening all whilst walking. There were days I did 4 hours of walking just so I could listen to it.

2nd Favourite are the Brandon Sanderson Cosmere Universe books .. another 5 months of listening. This is also the author who finished off the Wheel of Times series after Robert Jordan died. A few more books have been release since I last listened to them, so I'll be going back to them after I've finished what I'm listening to now...

I've just started the Patrick O'Brien Master and Commander Series with is 20 books long and over 300 hours of listening which I'm absolutely loving. I read most of the books about 20 years ago, so I'm nostalgic for them, whilst also not remembering the story lines that well, so its like a new experience but with characters I already know I love.

So does anyone else have any favourite book series they listen to as audiobooks?
Favourite Audiobook series on 16:52 - Nov 20 with 1163 viewsbollockchops

not my fav but im listening to RIVERS OF LONDON by ROMAN AMBRAVYERBITCH
Favourite Audiobook series on 16:57 - Nov 20 with 1152 viewsPhildo

Ha- started reading the OP and thought I will recommend Master and Commander but you already got there. They are amazing.

Listening to a JFK biography at present but I plan to do some Dickens next perhaps Bleak House - his books are made for being read to you.
Favourite Audiobook series on 17:08 - Nov 20 with 1131 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I use audiobooks mostly to send me to sleep, so I tend to go for familiar favourites.

Michael Palin bios and travel books.
Clive James bios.

Would really love some more reccs. Thanks for this thread, Swiss.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024