Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Director of Football salary 23:57 - May 18 with 1200 viewsDaniel

I don't like to share Daily Fail content, but I came across this leaked report that reckons there is a Director of Football in League 2 on £69k, which is significantly higher than the top manager/coach salaries in the league.

How many clubs in League 2 waste money on a DOF?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8262315/Physios-191-000-kit-m
Director of Football salary on 19:19 - May 19 with 1110 viewswessex_exile

£69k - chicken feed

When Sven-Göran Eriksson was appointed as DoF at League 2 Notts County back in 2009, he was allegedly on £2m per year!

But seriously - I have no idea if that refers to Tony Humes (though I doubt it), as it's remarkably difficult (that I can find easily) to understand which clubs do have a DoF and which don't. It also rather depends on the actual role that a DoF fulfills, as there are multiple interpretations of that role, with widely differing roles and responsibilities.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Director_of_football

In Tony's case, for instance, I assume his role most comparable to that of "General Manager" looking at the options. There is also the added complication that he's also a member of the board, so I imagine it would be very difficult to unpick what portion of his salary would be as DoF and what as a member of the board?

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Director of Football salary on 21:05 - May 19 with 1091 viewsmfb_cufc

If that recent article on clubs wages was correct, and a number of Colchester players are on over £100k a year, a DOF being paid £69k is probably about right.

If that article was referring to Tony Humes, then I would say it is fair, as he is head of recruiting, head of philosophy, decides what young players are picked to play in the first team, and makes sure the Head Coach plays 4-5-1.

mfb

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024