Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Am I out of touch ? 21:35 - Aug 31 with 3928 viewspaulparker

I find myself these days not knowing any of these premier league player’s anymore
Newcastle have signed some Swedish striker for 50 million ,never heard of him
West Ham some french midfielder 50 million never heard of him
Man yoo desperately trying to sign some fella called Anthony for 70 million never seen him play
Everyone seems to be priced at 30-50 million and I’ve got no idea who these players are , despite football being on the tv 24-7 covering every league I don’t have a clue , these prices should be getting you Maradona or Gullit
Am I out of touch or has football gone mad ? 30 years ago I could name every player

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Am I out of touch ? on 21:38 - Aug 31 with 3112 viewsBrianMcCarthy

You're not alone PP.
I think I watched two First Division games last year - both Citeh/Pool.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Am I out of touch ? on 21:58 - Aug 31 with 2969 viewsstevec

Likewise, haven’t a clue who these players are and not interested.

The only reason I’d like us to be amongst it is purely for the financial stability it would give the club. From a footballing perspective it’s an alien world.
Am I out of touch ? on 21:59 - Aug 31 with 2963 viewsted_hendrix

I'm out of touch with It by choice.
Tomorrow is one of two day's that are the worst in our football calendar.
Depending on which Prem club spends the most cash tomorrow depends on the length of Jim White's knob as It grows out of control by all the excitement.
You poor blokes that watch It will probably see an image of rednappy peering through his Rangerover window too.
I saw a bit about Haaland earlier on, on the score update thing, but that's about It really.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Am I out of touch ? on 22:04 - Aug 31 with 2926 viewsPaddyhoops

Little or no interest in it.
Citeh win 6.0 against Big spending Forest.
They’ll win another hatful of titles with Saudis Arabia sorry Newcastle a close second over the next few years.
It’s ceasing to be a competition any more.
Am I out of touch ? on 22:05 - Aug 31 with 2925 viewsJuzzie

Am I out of touch ? on 21:58 - Aug 31 by stevec

Likewise, haven’t a clue who these players are and not interested.

The only reason I’d like us to be amongst it is purely for the financial stability it would give the club. From a footballing perspective it’s an alien world.

Same here, never heard of any of them.

Theres no financial stability in the PL because all the money, snd more, is hoovered up by the players and agents.
We made an absolute pigs ear if it. To be stable we’d have to get promoted then spend zero. Come down with probably a record low points tally.
Am I out of touch ? on 22:14 - Aug 31 with 2886 viewsManinBlack

Am I out of touch ? on 22:04 - Aug 31 by Paddyhoops

Little or no interest in it.
Citeh win 6.0 against Big spending Forest.
They’ll win another hatful of titles with Saudis Arabia sorry Newcastle a close second over the next few years.
It’s ceasing to be a competition any more.

Indeed. With Mane gone from Liverpool and Haaland now at City it feels like City already have it sewn up. Newcastle will be in the running soon enough.
Am I out of touch ? on 22:23 - Aug 31 with 2841 viewshertshoops

I think it may be a generational thing
Like you I've not heard of any of these new 'stars', but my 18 year old son knows of them all, where they've come from and the fees are apparently all normal
Am I out of touch ? on 22:27 - Aug 31 with 2818 viewsenfieldargh

The Shitebags down the road have spent an absolute fortune since Billy Bigbollox took them over, hopefully already out of the tittle race.

Ross Berkley another player to follow in the footsteps of Danny Drinkwater, crash and burn you self opinionated bunch of mercinaries.

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Login to get fewer ads

Am I out of touch ? on 22:32 - Aug 31 with 2801 viewsDorse

I am very angry about whatever this is and it would certainly never have happened in my day.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Am I out of touch ? on 22:37 - Aug 31 with 2782 viewsrrrspricey

Am I out of touch ? on 22:27 - Aug 31 by enfieldargh

The Shitebags down the road have spent an absolute fortune since Billy Bigbollox took them over, hopefully already out of the tittle race.

Ross Berkley another player to follow in the footsteps of Danny Drinkwater, crash and burn you self opinionated bunch of mercinaries.

Just looked, and they've spent north of £250m this window.

Football will implode soon, fùcking madness.
Am I out of touch ? on 22:58 - Aug 31 with 2708 viewsnix

Am I out of touch ? on 22:27 - Aug 31 by enfieldargh

Timo Wermer another expensive failure. Came in for £50 mil, sold two years later for £18 mil. Scored one in four. Shame...
Am I out of touch ? on 06:50 - Sep 1 with 2498 viewsDWQPR

Am I out of touch ? on 22:37 - Aug 31 by rrrspricey

Just looked, and they've spent north of £250m this window.

Football will implode soon, fùcking madness.

And according to reports this morning they are in for a further £150million of buys today, on players that I’ve never heard of. Hopefully their new owner Tom Bola totally screws it up as it seems he has taken control of the spending. Can’t see that lanky peace of pîss Tommy Tanker or whatever his name is lasting much longer there. Vacancy for little opening up with a bit of luck.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Am I out of touch ? on 06:50 - Sep 1 with 2501 viewsSK_hoops

It all went out the window when I stopped collecting the PL stickers.
Am I out of touch ? on 06:53 - Sep 1 with 2495 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I think the OP has caught up with many of us.

I've long since given up on football, and it's just a case of engaging on here, and catching up with chums at a game when I'm back. To be honest, I'd probably struggle to recognise some QPR players.

Been saying for a few years, that like Morgan Freeman's character in 'Shawshank Redemption' waiting for parole, I'm just waiting for the day QPR finally leave Loftus Road.

What will happen then? After that my guess is that you will never hear from Planet Honneywood again. The greatest trick Keyser Söze ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that, he is gone...

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Am I out of touch ? on 07:24 - Sep 1 with 2439 viewsPaddyhoops

Looks like Chelsea and Man Utd will have a net spend of over 400 million to fight for fourth place!!
Madness indeed.
It is fun looking at those two struggling though!!
Am I out of touch ? on 07:29 - Sep 1 with 2413 viewsPhildo

I don't know how to pronounce half their surnames. I am vaguely aware that city seem to buy all the good ones though with for example the recent addition of Hot-shot Hamish.
Am I out of touch ? on 07:43 - Sep 1 with 2355 viewsflynnbo

Sorry Paul, downvoted in error.
Am I out of touch ? on 07:44 - Sep 1 with 2347 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Am I out of touch ? on 07:24 - Sep 1 by Paddyhoops

Looks like Chelsea and Man Utd will have a net spend of over 400 million to fight for fourth place!!
Madness indeed.
It is fun looking at those two struggling though!!

...and it wasn't that long ago when they were seeking government assistance and furloughing left, right and centre

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!

Am I out of touch ? on 08:38 - Sep 1 with 2243 viewsHayesender

Agree, and it's not just the foreign players I've not heard of.

Everton have just had a bid on £15 million excepted by man utd for James Garner.

Who the hell is he?

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Am I out of touch ? on 08:52 - Sep 1 with 2201 viewsqprxtc

QPR is the be all and end all of my interest in football.

Goodnight.
Am I out of touch ? on 08:54 - Sep 1 with 2196 viewsTheChef

Am I out of touch ? on 08:38 - Sep 1 by Hayesender

Everton have just had a bid on £15 million excepted by man utd for James Garner.

Who the hell is he?

Bloke in The Rockford Files.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Am I out of touch ? on 08:57 - Sep 1 with 2184 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Am I out of touch ? on 08:38 - Sep 1 by Hayesender

Who the hell is he?

Played Jim Rockford in the 'Rockfotd Files' and The Scrounger in 'The Great Escape '.

Am I out of touch ? on 08:58 - Sep 1 with 2177 viewsSouthallRanger

Am I out of touch ? on 08:54 - Sep 1 by TheChef

Bloke in The Rockford Files.

Haha. And an excuse to throw in one of my fav theme tunes

Am I out of touch ? on 09:03 - Sep 1 with 2138 viewsTomS

Am I out of touch ? on 08:58 - Sep 1 by SouthallRanger

Haha. And an excuse to throw in one of my fav theme tunes

It's also my ringtone
Am I out of touch ? on 09:17 - Sep 1 with 2108 viewsslmrstid

I think its probably a bit of a generational thing - back when I was a teenager I knew much more about all the players across England, and even Europe, than I do now. Mainly because I was a Football Manager obsessed teenager.

These days in adulthood I barely have time to keep up with what's going on at QPR, let alone anywhere else, so even players from other clubs in our league and below are a mystery to me.

No doubt if I still played FM I'd know more but I stopped playing years ago - I still play older versions from time to time when I have time but the games stopped being fun around 2010 time when the level of complexity just started to go crazy.

Money wise its all very silly - its just Monopoly money really isnt it? It doesn't bear any resemblance to what's going on in the real world. Here we are worrying about our energy bills going to £3,500+ per annum (or whatever ways we freeze ourselves at home to try and keep them lower...) whilst top-flight footballers still earn millions and clubs spend tens of millions transferring money between themselves. Hotel on Mayfair. Bonkers.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024