Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Disgraceful! 21:49 - Mar 19 with 1532 viewsgerry_us

We have some fans amongst us who need outing. Someone must know them so that they can be banned... forever.
Unfortunately not an isolated incident, but I have been castigated on this board when a I have raised the subject in the past.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65007629
Disgraceful! on 23:55 - Mar 19 with 1486 viewsdurham_exile

Gerry no place in football for such chants.

Of course the overwhelming majority of the 915 faithful rightly deplore such behaviour.

It is a malaise affecting football with the recent Liverpool Man Utd game and Leeds Man Utd game blighted by similar sick chants.

Durham_exile

Disgraceful! on 09:00 - Mar 20 with 1429 viewsburnsieespana

Gerrymandering agree disgraceful and something we do not need.
Only been to a handful of away games in last couple of years but does seem we have a small se ton who think it cool and clever to chant horrible stuff.
How we out them is another matter.
Disgraceful! on 09:25 - Mar 20 with 1420 viewswessex_exile

Deplorable behaviour, and I’m glad the club has called it out so promptly as utterly unacceptable (and made a charitable donation to the Foundation as well). Orient away always brings out an unsavory element, I doubt very much this was the work of our long-suffering rank and file lads who follow the U’s with their passion and vocal support all over the country.

I think castigated is a bit strong Gerry, more a mild difference of opinion really…

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Disgraceful! on 10:13 - Mar 20 with 1392 viewsabbott

What complete morons these idiots are. They need naming and shaming.
Disgraceful! on 11:39 - Mar 20 with 1361 viewsMrHappy2

New breed of bored youngsters have emerged it seems countrywide - lots more petty punch ups happening within a few clubs and places. Back in the day I’m sure they would have been told to keep quiet if the theme was as sick as it appeared last Saturday.

Poll: In its 20th season how has the Happy League affected your life ?

Disgraceful! on 15:45 - Mar 20 with 1281 viewsgerry_us

Regrettably I was at the game with two old pals, O's supporters and sitting in hearing distance to our supporters. We actually left 5 minutes before the end of the game, my mates because they thought they had won it and were sick of the abuse, and me also sick of the abuse and just wanted to get away; and not be spotted as a U's supporter that day.
I have supported U's since I was 12, supported them for 64 years (yeah, work it out) and have never felt so sad and embarrassed for our club. Just maybe my last visit to U's live footy
Disgraceful! on 15:56 - Mar 20 with 1273 viewsdurham_exile

Disgraceful! on 15:45 - Mar 20 by gerry_us

Regrettably I was at the game with two old pals, O's supporters and sitting in hearing distance to our supporters. We actually left 5 minutes before the end of the game, my mates because they thought they had won it and were sick of the abuse, and me also sick of the abuse and just wanted to get away; and not be spotted as a U's supporter that day.
I have supported U's since I was 12, supported them for 64 years (yeah, work it out) and have never felt so sad and embarrassed for our club. Just maybe my last visit to U's live footy

Gerry I will suggest the same that I did on the U's Facebook account.

It would be desperately sad if a minority element spoilt the enjoyment for the overwhelming majority.

More so if longstanding supporters like you were forced away from supporting the U's.

I say fight the malaise from within.
We cannot go back to the dark days of the 70s with fights and overt racism spoiling the game.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Disgraceful! on 19:30 - Mar 20 with 1207 viewsGOSBTS

Probably the same morons who chucked seats at our own fans at Portman Road in August.
Login to get fewer ads

Disgraceful! on 10:49 - Mar 21 with 1094 viewsMadeira163

And now the Sun has picked up the story and spoken to Justin’s son who was at the game
Disgraceful! on 13:42 - Mar 21 with 1071 viewsdurham_exile

Disgraceful! on 10:49 - Mar 21 by Madeira163

And now the Sun has picked up the story and spoken to Justin’s son who was at the game

We will be pariahs like Millwall and Leeds (no offence LB) if this behaviour continues.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Disgraceful! on 18:43 - Mar 25 with 897 viewswessex_exile

Disgraceful! on 13:42 - Mar 21 by durham_exile

We will be pariahs like Millwall and Leeds (no offence LB) if this behaviour continues.

Up the U's

We'll find out next weekend I suppose? Justin Edinburgh arguably had a much stronger connection with Newport County than Orient, so I sincerely hope not.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024