Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Team for Brizzle … 20:25 - Apr 29 with 5349 viewsLazyFan

As we are now safe (I was never worried … honest), we should play a team with players who will be here under contract for next season or at least likely to be here next season, and we, of course, cannot play any we have loaned out elsewhere, like Kelman.

That means dropping the prem loans and blooding some young uns. Also might be wise to rest some key players as QPR may wish to sell them, and we don't want any injuries in the dead rubber of a game.

Conversely, play those who have been out too long with injuries to test em out.
With that in mind, I would play …

Mahoney

Paal
JCS
Gubbins
Drewe

Dixon-Bonner
Dozzell
Amos
Richards

Willock
Armstrong

zzzzzzzzzz

Team for Brizzle … on 20:28 - Apr 29 with 4718 viewsaston_hoop

I think we'll go full strength and try and finish the season with 3 wins, try and take the heat off going into pre-season. Plenty of time in pre-season to try out the youngsters I think

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Team for Brizzle … on 20:34 - Apr 29 with 4626 viewsCopenhagenRs

Get your point but that team would be a free invite for Wells to finish the season off with a hattrick
Team for Brizzle … on 20:41 - Apr 29 with 4562 viewsE15Hoop

Team for Brizzle … on 20:28 - Apr 29 by aston_hoop

I think we'll go full strength and try and finish the season with 3 wins, try and take the heat off going into pre-season. Plenty of time in pre-season to try out the youngsters I think

I think so too. Psychology of positive momentum to finish the season off, besides which GA will want to give us the chance to thank the players for getting us over the line over these past few weeks.
We'll also be saying good bye to a fair few of them, don't forget.
No real gain to be had to play someone fresh in this game, especially since the squad is likely to look significantly different next season anyway. Best to give them all a break and start again fresh in pre-season when we know more of what the new squad will actually look like.
Team for Brizzle … on 20:43 - Apr 29 with 4554 viewskropotkin41

Honestly, given the somewhat, erm, lean, middle of the season, I think we should play a team primarily for a win. Some different squad players on the bench?

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Team for Brizzle … on 20:45 - Apr 29 with 4522 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I'd like us to go for the win, play some good football and maybe bring on a couple of youths off the bench if we can.

Wouldn't be in favour of putting the result second.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Team for Brizzle … on 20:46 - Apr 29 with 4503 viewsbenhurst

I reckon a couple of changes but nothing major, something like:

Dieng
Laird, Dickie, Dunne, Paal
Richards, Field, Dixon-Bonner, Chair
Dykes, Armstrong

Plus some youngsters on the bench (Drewe, Pedder, Kargbo?)
[Post edited 29 Apr 2023 20:49]
Team for Brizzle … on 21:12 - Apr 29 with 4409 viewsbaz_qpr

Given Burnley are under threat of points deduction for fielding a weakened team against reading even though its dead rubber I would not go there play your best team but we can't play 4-4-2 20% possession at home. 4-3-3 please illy and willy for one last hurrah and an opportunity for Ainswrth to show that he can win with a team playing football
Team for Brizzle … on 21:18 - Apr 29 with 4353 viewsBrianWilson

Jesus....that midfield

"a diseased bunch of mofos if there ever was one, their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons." - Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

Login to get fewer ads

Team for Brizzle … on 21:20 - Apr 29 with 4344 viewsDorse

Fitness permitting:

Dieng
Laird Dickie Dunne (or JCS) Paal
Field Iroegbunam (or Amos)
Willock Lowe Chair
Dykes

Cameos from Armstrong, Drewe, Richards and maybe Pedder (why not?)

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Team for Brizzle … on 21:44 - Apr 29 with 4232 viewsQPRSteve

Would love to see Rayan Kolli get a little run out.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2023 21:45]
Team for Brizzle … on 21:50 - Apr 29 with 4207 viewsE15Hoop

Team for Brizzle … on 21:44 - Apr 29 by QPRSteve

Can he actually jump for a header, with the weight of all that hair weighing him down??
Team for Brizzle … on 21:50 - Apr 29 with 4207 viewsdmm

I think there's one thing we can all agree we'd like to see. A goal or even two at the Loft end.
Team for Brizzle … on 22:24 - Apr 29 with 4088 viewsHAYESBOY

Dieng
Laird Dickie Dunne Paal
Field Amos
Willock Chair Richards/Adomah
Dykes.

Will probably stick with 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1.
Armstrong to come off bench for half hour if fit.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2023 22:25]

Smells like a trout farm in here

Team for Brizzle … on 22:31 - Apr 29 with 4030 viewsstevec

I’d like to see Richards play a part.

Maybe a ball boy or Jude the Cat.
Team for Brizzle … on 10:03 - Apr 30 with 3572 viewsLogman

Play the first XI and bring on any of our players who are leaving at the end of the season.
Team for Brizzle … on 10:53 - Apr 30 with 3453 viewswortonranger

Team for Brizzle … on 21:44 - Apr 29 by QPRSteve

Very good call. From bench. Also hope Sinclair is fit. Goal from him would be timely.
Team for Brizzle … on 11:26 - Apr 30 with 3364 viewsLazyFan

I don't see the point in continuing with a team that probably will be ripped up for next season. Momentum? For what team? It won't be this one as changes will be many.

We won't get fined for putting out such a team as it has no material affect and for the reasons of we are not sure the loans will be here next season, and some players need a rest.

It only takes a big injury to someone like Dykes and then no one buys him and he runs out his contract. We have seen how people can get injured in the last game like Rangel. Not worth the risk in my view!

zzzzzzzzzz

Team for Brizzle … on 11:31 - Apr 30 with 3343 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I’d like to see how a Dykes / Armstrong 90 minute partnership looks.
Team for Brizzle … on 12:07 - Apr 30 with 3255 viewsParkRoyalR

Team for Brizzle … on 11:31 - Apr 30 by BazzaInTheLoft

I’d like to see how a Dykes / Armstrong 90 minute partnership looks.

Agree, the fans would love to see this but only if Armstrong is played close to Dykes as a genuine 2nd striker and not as an inside left forward which has been the case so far.
Team for Brizzle … on 12:23 - Apr 30 with 3203 viewsjoe90

As long as we sign off the season with a win and a few goals at the loft end, preferably scored by us, I’ll be happy.
Team for Brizzle … on 13:33 - Apr 30 with 3100 viewspaulparker

All those whose are either out of contract or whose loan is coming to and end shouldn’t be in the squad apart from Chris Martin , I would like to see Armstrong given ago and a few other the other youngsters

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Team for Brizzle … on 13:42 - Apr 30 with 3088 viewsted_hendrix

Team for Brizzle … on 13:33 - Apr 30 by paulparker

All those whose are either out of contract or whose loan is coming to and end shouldn’t be in the squad apart from Chris Martin , I would like to see Armstrong given ago and a few other the other youngsters

I'd like to see Armstrong on the pitch for a full 90 minutes, he does seem to have injury Issues that concern me.

Let the young uns loose too, let em have a go.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Team for Brizzle … on 14:00 - Apr 30 with 3061 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Team for Brizzle … on 22:31 - Apr 29 by stevec

I’d like to see Richards play a part.

Maybe a ball boy or Jude the Cat.

I would like to see Richards sent packing before the game simply because he gave us nothing in our time of desperate need.
We all fell into the trap of getting on players who were playing poorly but at least they answered the bell and wore our jersey with pride despite exhaustion game after game.
Richards was healthy dont forget , flying in training yet never contributed a single memorable moment all season.
I know he had the berevement leave but its time to leave permanently IMO.
Team for Brizzle … on 15:27 - Apr 30 with 2956 viewsderbyhoop

Try to make it 3 wins on bounce.
Maybe get Richards and Armstrong involved, as they are going to be here next season.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Team for Brizzle … on 11:56 - May 2 with 2546 viewsRangersw12

Seny

Paal
Dickie
Dunne
Laird

Amos
Field
Tim

Willock
Dykes
Chair