Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The hypocrisy of Liverpool fans 19:59 - May 6 with 6140 viewsSouthamptonfan

Cheer on millionaires, feed the poor 🎵🎵🎵

[Post edited 6 May 2023 20:48]

Poll: Who are you voting for?

The hypocrisy of Liverpool fans on 15:27 - May 7 with 1441 viewskingolaf

The hypocrisy of Liverpool fans on 14:27 - May 7 by saintmark1976

kingolaf, it’s a tad unclear from the spelling of your post, but I assume that you are making a statement that “ The Country makes more money because of The Royals than they cost”. Do you have any evidence to substantiate your comment or maybe you just repeating something that you heard as hearsay?

What is backed up by evidence is that each year the Royals take money from every taxpayer in the UK. In addition ( as was pointed out by a previous contributor) Charles, unlike every other UK citizen, is exempt from needing to pay Inheritance Tax. Thus, he will receive the benefit of a vast monetary fortune from his Mother, added to which is an enormous private art collection together with property such as Sandringham and Balmoral, without him giving a penny back to the rest of us.

Kingolaf, I’m of the opinion that in a modern 21st Century society his preferential Tax treatment is not fair and reasonable. Perhaps you have the ability to convince me otherwise?

Tourism, related to the monarchy, makes the country billions.

I get your argument on inheritance tax. But in the main, I think the monarchy is way in credit with the country.
The hypocrisy of Liverpool fans on 15:29 - May 7 with 1438 viewsfranniesTache

The hypocrisy of Liverpool fans on 15:10 - May 7 by 1885_SFC

That would be The Liverpool Pals who joined up in their thousands to fight for King and Country, yes.

I'm not a Royalist and couldn't give a toss one way or the other. But chanting obscenities against the modern day King just shows a lack or respect and no class whatsoever. Surely saying/singing nothing would be the better option... like at every other ground yesterday?

"Singing a song saying that you don’t agree with something isn’t yet a crime in this country." So if I stand outside the 2023 Eurovision Song Contest venue in Liverpool later this month and sing anti-trans people songs, nothing hateful or obscene mind, I'll be left alone by the authorities will I?

Honestly why does it show a lack of respect and no class? It's not like he's actually done anything to deserve the position, other than be born to the right family.

There's no difference between him and any of us, other than an accident of birth, so why the hell should he be treated differently?

By your rationale we lack class if we abuse skates for being born in Pompey.
The hypocrisy of Liverpool fans on 15:42 - May 7 with 1422 viewsSFC_Referee

The hypocrisy of Liverpool fans on 15:27 - May 7 by kingolaf

I get your argument on inheritance tax. But in the main, I think the monarchy is way in credit with the country.

Ok but if they bring in all that money then why do they need all the tax payers money on top? Why can’t they be the ones to pay for all the coronation stuff, and cover it all themselves? As yeah they do bring in loads, but they also take loads, as you’ve got the coronation well as taking just over £100m a year from tax payers.
But the fact is that they don’t need to do that with all the money they do have, so why is it they can? And that’s leaving out all the laws and taxes they get to avoid on top of all that.

As most of the tourist money they get is from the buildings and property, along with everything that brings, but not actually the person themselves. As almost all tourists go to see Buckingham palace, but very few actually see any royal family, just the same as how many go to Wembley but don’t usually see a game there. As all those that own many football teams from across the country bring in loads from tourists as well every year, but they don’t then get to just the £250m from the average persons taxes every once in a while along with another £100m every year, or avoid having to pay half the taxes anyway. And I’m sure there’s many rich m people who are also important for the British economy, who also contribute loads, but again they don’t get money from the tax payers nor ignore laws/taxes, so why should this lucky lot get to?

As yeah they do bring in loads, but at the end of the day, if anything, that only makes them taking tax payers money even worse
[Post edited 7 May 2023 15:47]

Poll: Who’s everyone’s player of the season?

The hypocrisy of Liverpool fans on 15:43 - May 7 with 1419 viewsJellybaby

Tourism related to Royal buildings makes us billions, we can have the buildings without the Royal spongers......

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

The hypocrisy of Liverpool fans on 15:48 - May 7 with 1413 viewssolent_toffee

The hypocrisy of Liverpool fans on 15:29 - May 7 by franniesTache

Honestly why does it show a lack of respect and no class? It's not like he's actually done anything to deserve the position, other than be born to the right family.

There's no difference between him and any of us, other than an accident of birth, so why the hell should he be treated differently?

By your rationale we lack class if we abuse skates for being born in Pompey.

I only watched snippets of it yesterday but enough to see Prince Edwards lad wearing medals, surely they weren’t from his dad’s military career, even Mike Tindall had a load on (from finishing fourth on I’m a celebrity?)

And then onto the balcony with Williams three kids. I’m sure they are good kids etc but it’s so wrong that in twenty years time they are going to be on the same pedestal, people bowing to them, curtailing to them etc. For what, it won’t be through achievement but birth right as though they puts them on a higher level than any of the kids in the UK. How can we have an equal society with this nonsense?

I’m not an angry anti royalist or anything like that, I just think there is a place for them in any progressive 21st century society and hope they the changes are made from within in a dignified manner.
The hypocrisy of Liverpool fans on 15:49 - May 7 with 1412 viewssaint22

The hypocrisy of Liverpool fans on 10:33 - May 7 by Heisenberg

I’m no Liverpool fan but why should anyone sing that dirge. As for that farce yesterday. Estimated cost of £250 million. There are loads of things to be proud about in this country. The Royal Family isn’t one of them. Citizen not subject.

This
What a total waste of money that embarrassing show of pompous incestuous garbage that was
Wanna help the country Charles
Pay some tax and free Up some property for those who need it

Where was andrew btw?
The hypocrisy of Liverpool fans on 16:31 - May 7 with 1369 viewskingslandstand1

The hypocrisy of Liverpool fans on 14:37 - May 7 by saintwizzler

Enjoy your day off tomorrow.

This. Afraid there is hypocricy in all of us, inc all of those on here agreeing with what the Scousers did and me. Just look at what Harry and Andrew have done but still take advantage of their upbringing. Have your views, absolutely no problem with that, just show some respect for those that disagree with the verbal abuse being thrown around

We could always end up with the likes of Trump and Biden battling it out to run our country, or maybe we are at the moment, but at least with the Royal family around there is a continuity that is the envy of a lot of people around the world

And what's wrong with a bit of pomp now and again
The hypocrisy of Liverpool fans on 16:37 - May 7 with 1368 viewssledger

The hypocrisy of Liverpool fans on 15:49 - May 7 by saint22

This
What a total waste of money that embarrassing show of pompous incestuous garbage that was
Wanna help the country Charles
Pay some tax and free Up some property for those who need it

Where was andrew btw?

probably hiding under a very large stone as his family using our money paid off those that would have put him in prison for a long time
Login to get fewer ads

The hypocrisy of Liverpool fans on 16:46 - May 7 with 1362 viewssaintmark1976

The hypocrisy of Liverpool fans on 15:10 - May 7 by 1885_SFC

That would be The Liverpool Pals who joined up in their thousands to fight for King and Country, yes.

I'm not a Royalist and couldn't give a toss one way or the other. But chanting obscenities against the modern day King just shows a lack or respect and no class whatsoever. Surely saying/singing nothing would be the better option... like at every other ground yesterday?

"Singing a song saying that you don’t agree with something isn’t yet a crime in this country." So if I stand outside the 2023 Eurovision Song Contest venue in Liverpool later this month and sing anti-trans people songs, nothing hateful or obscene mind, I'll be left alone by the authorities will I?

1885 S F C, for someone who tells us that they are not a Royalist and couldn’t give a toss one way or the other I get the distinct impression that you “protest a little too much” as the saying goes.

There is a fundamental problem with your suggestion that always saying/singing or for that matter doing nothing is the best option. Quite simply, adopting that course of inaction would result in society never ever changing, an example being the votes for women movement. I’m sure that when Mrs Davidson threw herself in front of the Kings horse at The Epsom Derby some people thought that it was an act of disrespect to the Monarchy. Helped their cause greatly though didn’t it?

On a more light hearted note, I’m not really qualified to give you advice concerning singing outside of the Eurovision Song Contest, except to say that you probably would have more chance of winning than some of the acts inside.
The hypocrisy of Liverpool fans on 16:56 - May 7 with 1348 viewsSouthamptonfan

The hypocrisy of Liverpool fans on 15:48 - May 7 by solent_toffee

I only watched snippets of it yesterday but enough to see Prince Edwards lad wearing medals, surely they weren’t from his dad’s military career, even Mike Tindall had a load on (from finishing fourth on I’m a celebrity?)

And then onto the balcony with Williams three kids. I’m sure they are good kids etc but it’s so wrong that in twenty years time they are going to be on the same pedestal, people bowing to them, curtailing to them etc. For what, it won’t be through achievement but birth right as though they puts them on a higher level than any of the kids in the UK. How can we have an equal society with this nonsense?

I’m not an angry anti royalist or anything like that, I just think there is a place for them in any progressive 21st century society and hope they the changes are made from within in a dignified manner.

Some very good points, but many many people get enjoyment from the Royal Family, with street parties and wearing union jacks / crowns and an old dears eating cakes in their nursing home. Lots of people came together yesterday to smile, laugh and.joke, cheering up many people. There is also the history going back thousands of years since Henry the 8th that is fascinating and interesting to many people. Their influence also has a positive impact on society too, the Prince's Trust and Diana's work that changed lives etc. And what is an equal society? Doctors earning the same as bin collectors, football players giving half their wages to feed the poor or someone who has wealthy parents not receiving the benefits of it or any inheritance, just so that we are all the same? We can't all be equal, someone will always.want more.of the pie and there just isn't a way of doing it.
[Post edited 7 May 2023 17:06]

Poll: Who are you voting for?

The hypocrisy of Liverpool fans on 17:32 - May 7 with 1304 viewssolent_toffee

The hypocrisy of Liverpool fans on 16:56 - May 7 by Southamptonfan

Some very good points, but many many people get enjoyment from the Royal Family, with street parties and wearing union jacks / crowns and an old dears eating cakes in their nursing home. Lots of people came together yesterday to smile, laugh and.joke, cheering up many people. There is also the history going back thousands of years since Henry the 8th that is fascinating and interesting to many people. Their influence also has a positive impact on society too, the Prince's Trust and Diana's work that changed lives etc. And what is an equal society? Doctors earning the same as bin collectors, football players giving half their wages to feed the poor or someone who has wealthy parents not receiving the benefits of it or any inheritance, just so that we are all the same? We can't all be equal, someone will always.want more.of the pie and there just isn't a way of doing it.

You’re probably right about the equality, I’m just a bit of an idealist 😀.
The hypocrisy of Liverpool fans on 18:14 - May 7 with 1280 viewsSFC_Referee

The hypocrisy of Liverpool fans on 16:56 - May 7 by Southamptonfan

But even then, at least those doctors, footballers, bin collectors etc… all had to work to get to where they are. They all had to do things to get in the position their currently in (some more than others), with usually a fair correlation between how much effort they put in, in comparison to how decent their job ended up being.
And all those people don’t get to pass up on tax laws, take taxpayers money etc… all of which simply because they were born outta the right women.

As your right, we won’t ever get an all out equal society, and some people will always end up better off than others, which isn’t always necessary a bad thing. But there’s a difference between things being unequal for fair and understandable reasons, to things being unequal for things that are simply based on who your parents are. As even if your dad Lord sugar, Donald trump, Ratcliffe etc… you should still have to abide by laws that everyone else does, and don’t get to just take tax payers money

Poll: Who’s everyone’s player of the season?

The hypocrisy of Liverpool fans on 18:55 - May 7 with 1256 viewskingolaf

The hypocrisy of Liverpool fans on 15:42 - May 7 by SFC_Referee

Ok but if they bring in all that money then why do they need all the tax payers money on top? Why can’t they be the ones to pay for all the coronation stuff, and cover it all themselves? As yeah they do bring in loads, but they also take loads, as you’ve got the coronation well as taking just over £100m a year from tax payers.
But the fact is that they don’t need to do that with all the money they do have, so why is it they can? And that’s leaving out all the laws and taxes they get to avoid on top of all that.

As most of the tourist money they get is from the buildings and property, along with everything that brings, but not actually the person themselves. As almost all tourists go to see Buckingham palace, but very few actually see any royal family, just the same as how many go to Wembley but don’t usually see a game there. As all those that own many football teams from across the country bring in loads from tourists as well every year, but they don’t then get to just the £250m from the average persons taxes every once in a while along with another £100m every year, or avoid having to pay half the taxes anyway. And I’m sure there’s many rich m people who are also important for the British economy, who also contribute loads, but again they don’t get money from the tax payers nor ignore laws/taxes, so why should this lucky lot get to?

As yeah they do bring in loads, but at the end of the day, if anything, that only makes them taking tax payers money even worse
[Post edited 7 May 2023 15:47]

I’m talking about the monarchy generating billions for the country in tourism, not themselves.
The hypocrisy of Liverpool fans on 18:58 - May 7 with 1255 viewskingolaf

The hypocrisy of Liverpool fans on 15:48 - May 7 by solent_toffee

J am a monarchist, but I wouldn’t bow to anyone.
The hypocrisy of Liverpool fans on 20:37 - May 7 with 1205 viewsTripleNiemi

The hypocrisy of Liverpool fans on 13:37 - May 7 by kingolaf

I don’t understand the correlation between the monarchy and feeding the poor. The country makes for more money because it f the Royals than they cost.
Liverpool fans are an absolute disgrace. Always have been. Happy to murder 38 Juventus fans, they have a warped sense of values. Horrible football club.

Ah that ol’ chestnut about how much coin they bring in. Wonder if it was the same financiers or accountants that provided the intel for the NHS bus?
[Post edited 7 May 2023 20:41]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

The hypocrisy of Liverpool fans on 08:36 - May 8 with 1038 viewsRon11

The hypocrisy of Liverpool fans on 20:37 - May 7 by TripleNiemi

Ah that ol’ chestnut about how much coin they bring in. Wonder if it was the same financiers or accountants that provided the intel for the NHS bus?
[Post edited 7 May 2023 20:41]

Or Corbyn's million plus house?
The hypocrisy of Liverpool fans on 08:49 - May 8 with 1030 viewsDellbert_Wilkins

https://inews.co.uk/news/how-global-press-responded-coronation-grand-spectacle-c
The hypocrisy of Liverpool fans on 11:20 - May 8 with 956 viewsJaySaint

Obviously, Scousers had no issue when their club took furlough money to feed their poor staff, whilst their multi-millionaire players did little

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

The hypocrisy of Liverpool fans on 13:35 - May 8 with 897 viewsBerber

Spot on. basically, they are self righteous Bolshy tw*ts .
The hypocrisy of Liverpool fans on 18:16 - May 8 with 849 viewsGasGiant

The hypocrisy of Liverpool fans on 10:33 - May 7 by Heisenberg

I’m no Liverpool fan but why should anyone sing that dirge. As for that farce yesterday. Estimated cost of £250 million. There are loads of things to be proud about in this country. The Royal Family isn’t one of them. Citizen not subject.

No President could ever do one tenth of what the Prince's Trust has done for thousands of young people in this country, to name just one thing, and if you aren't proud of that it's because you are too stupid to have thought about it . As for the usual unsubstantiated think-of-a-number cost bullsh1t the only real cost in the end was the overtime paid to police and local authority workers who will have been glad of the extra money or are you adding up the costs of all the food at all the street parties as well? By the way you are a citizen irrespective of being a subject or not. For all this hangup about being a "subject" - has the Royal Family forced you to show obeisance to them as a civilian? I was in the Armed Forces and proud to salute them in uniform, and if there had been a president there instead I would still have had to salute some here today gone tomorrow failed politician in a suit. Why you think that is somehow better is a mystery. The Monarch hasn't had any autocratic power since 1688, but to hear berks like you whinge about being a "subject" as though a concept that tailed off in Cromwell's time has cost you one second of inconvenience in your entire lifetime is as ridiculous as it is uninformed.
The hypocrisy of Liverpool fans on 18:18 - May 8 with 846 viewskentsouthampton

Not that old chestnut, the Versailles palace in France gets double the visitors of every royal residence here combined and there is no French royal family.
The hypocrisy of Liverpool fans on 18:36 - May 8 with 826 viewsBLEEDRED

Players and others in Liverpool are quite happy to take their MBE's & OBE's
The hypocrisy of Liverpool fans on 23:30 - May 8 with 734 viewssaintmark1976

The hypocrisy of Liverpool fans on 18:16 - May 8 by GasGiant

No President could ever do one tenth of what the Prince's Trust has done for thousands of young people in this country, to name just one thing, and if you aren't proud of that it's because you are too stupid to have thought about it . As for the usual unsubstantiated think-of-a-number cost bullsh1t the only real cost in the end was the overtime paid to police and local authority workers who will have been glad of the extra money or are you adding up the costs of all the food at all the street parties as well? By the way you are a citizen irrespective of being a subject or not. For all this hangup about being a "subject" - has the Royal Family forced you to show obeisance to them as a civilian? I was in the Armed Forces and proud to salute them in uniform, and if there had been a president there instead I would still have had to salute some here today gone tomorrow failed politician in a suit. Why you think that is somehow better is a mystery. The Monarch hasn't had any autocratic power since 1688, but to hear berks like you whinge about being a "subject" as though a concept that tailed off in Cromwell's time has cost you one second of inconvenience in your entire lifetime is as ridiculous as it is uninformed.

GasGiant, would that be the Prince’s Trust where it was recently alleged that they received many millions of pounds cash in a shopping bag from a Middle Eastern benefactor and the recipient ( was it not one of the now King’s trusted advisors of many years standing? ) had to resign a bit sharpish?

On a general note about the topic under discussion. Every poster other than yourself throughout the “ Coronation Weekend “ has managed to make their point either for or against in a pleasant and civilised manner. Whist you may well have served in the Armed Forces you do them and for that matter yourself, no credit whatsoever by calling people with whom you disagree “ stupid “ and “ berks”. I wonder if upon reflection you would benefit from offering everybody else an apology?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024