Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Railway Penalty Fare help 00:00 - Jul 3 with 4986 viewsCamberleyR

Looking for some advice here chaps.

Yesterday we received a letter from South Western Railways addressed to my stepson. It was a penalty fare notice about an alleged journey that took place four weeks ago.

It said that he didn't pay the penalty fare or appeal against it's issue and this letter was giving him fourteen days to settle the matter to pay £104.

Until yesterday this was the first we'd heard of it. I know for a fact that this is 100% bollocks and that somebody has used his name and address so basically has stolen his identity.

It says it took place at 09.40 Monday 5th June between Sherborne and Yeovil Junction. We live three miles from Sherborne and he doesn't drive.

Myself and Mrs Camberley would have been at work so there is no way he couldhave got to Sherborne station. We only moved to the area two years ago and my stepson doesn't know many people. He works part time in the village social club and the only people in our village that he really knows are the regulars from the club. I don't think any people there know his surname or his actual address so how this has happened is a mystery to us.

I have drafted an email to SW Railways prosecution departmant basically stating that unless they have got evidence like CCTV to show that it was him then the fine will not be paid and I will see them in court.

The letter gets very threatening saying he could be prosecuted and fined up to £1000 or use of debt collectors to recover the debt. My fear is that whoever this person is who has used his identity and thinks they have got away with it, will do it again.

Has any of the good LFW folk experienced something like this before? Any advice is most appreciated.

EDIT: I should add that Connor is a fellow R (thanks or no thanks to me!)
[Post edited 3 Jul 2023 9:09]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Railway Penalty Fare help on 15:29 - Jul 4 with 700 viewsCamberleyR

UPDATE:

Got in writing from SWR Prosecutions this morning that his details were used fraudulently and the case is now closed

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Railway Penalty Fare help on 15:49 - Jul 4 with 653 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

A reminder you don’t need proof in civil cases just a balance of probabilities.

Glad it’s sorted.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024