Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
First Female Manager In Football League 15:39 - Jul 5 with 1281 viewsSaintNick

I see Forest Green have appointed the first female football manager in the proffessional mens game in the UK, after they sacked Duncan Ferguson, FG owner Dale Vince says she is there on merit, he is known for a few lets say left field decisions in football ie banning players eating red mean and becoming the first Vegan football club.

So is she really there on merit or is this another "off beat" idea from Vince to get his club publicity

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

First Female Manager In Football League on 17:17 - Jul 5 with 1225 viewssolent_toffee

*rips up Emma Hayes to be first female bet*

I think it was bound to happen sooner rather than later and it was always a decent shout that it would be Forest Green doing the hiring.

I’m sure there will be a few more and the fact that this has happened and there hasn’t been an huge amount of publicity wools suggest that most people aren’t that arsed in the year 2023.
First Female Manager In Football League on 17:25 - Jul 5 with 1218 viewsWints76

First Female Manager In Football League on 17:17 - Jul 5 by solent_toffee

I think it was bound to happen sooner rather than later and it was always a decent shout that it would be Forest Green doing the hiring.

I’m sure there will be a few more and the fact that this has happened and there hasn’t been an huge amount of publicity wools suggest that most people aren’t that arsed in the year 2023.

Yep, bound to happen and good luck to her. Let her stand or fall on her own merit rather than a blaze of publicity on being female.

However, what is more telling is your Autocorrect immediately goes to wools 😀😉
First Female Manager In Football League on 17:46 - Jul 5 with 1199 viewsSouthamptonfan

I think it's ridiculous. Will she knock on the dressing room door in case the players are in their underwear or in the showers? I can imagine the male players will feel uncomfortable, thinking thinking about how to treat a women. Will she have the required authority over the male players? It's gone stupid in my opinion.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

First Female Manager In Football League on 18:03 - Jul 5 with 1167 viewskingslandstand1

First Female Manager In Football League on 17:17 - Jul 5 by solent_toffee

But she's only Caretaker boss at the moment, so does that count
First Female Manager In Football League on 19:30 - Jul 5 with 1086 viewsSFC_Referee

First Female Manager In Football League on 17:46 - Jul 5 by Southamptonfan

I think it's ridiculous. Will she knock on the dressing room door in case the players are in their underwear or in the showers? I can imagine the male players will feel uncomfortable, thinking thinking about how to treat a women. Will she have the required authority over the male players? It's gone stupid in my opinion.

But then couldn’t you say the exact same about male coaches in the woman's game? As I’m no womens footballing expert, but I know there euros are coming up and I’m fairly certain they’ll be a fair few male coaches in the technical areas to that tournament.

But overall I do think this is just a tickbox/publicity stunt and am wondering if she’ll get the boot as soon as they don’t win a game? But look I’ve got no issues with female coaches and hopes she does well so can inspire others to maybe sign up a few more female coaches.
Although the only thing I do say is that no matter what, they won’t have ever experienced the mens game on the pitch, just the same as male coaches in the womens game, which is why I’ve always said that I think it’s best and most efficient for everyone to always keep to their own genders in football, but won’t have anything against anyone who doesn’t as long as they weren’t picked due to their differences alone rather than quality.

Poll: Who’ll win the playoffs

First Female Manager In Football League on 21:32 - Jul 5 with 1028 viewsChesham_Saint

If she’s there on merit good luck to her - although as a club FG are a tad too self righteous for my liking.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

First Female Manager In Football League on 08:54 - Jul 6 with 903 viewssaint901

It's a results based business and ten games in to the season, we'll have some better idea of her abilities.

I think FGR were relegated last season so she will also have to cope with a new league and perhaps a squad that is of lower quality than she would like.

Good luck to her.
First Female Manager In Football League on 11:01 - Jul 6 with 863 viewsdarthvader

First Female Manager In Football League on 17:46 - Jul 5 by Southamptonfan

How the hell can u ban and then police people from eating red meat . ?

keep the faith coyr

Login to get fewer ads

First Female Manager In Football League on 16:03 - Jul 6 with 771 viewsarfurdent

First Female Manager In Football League on 11:01 - Jul 6 by darthvader

How the hell can u ban and then police people from eating red meat . ?

hide the Gaviscon and loperimide

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

First Female Manager In Football League on 16:56 - Jul 6 with 751 viewsWanderingSaint

Correction - Cherie Lunghi was the first female manager of a men's football team and from recollection she did a fine job :-)
First Female Manager In Football League on 19:42 - Jul 6 with 705 viewsUTS1885

Just another pr stunt ?
[Post edited 6 Jul 2023 21:50]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024