Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Senior discount 08:32 - Jul 15 with 1735 viewsjohann28

Forgive me if this has been covered somewhere else, but I've turned 60 this year and along with my shiny tube/bus pass I was wondering what age you have to be before you get discounts on tickets at LR. Also - how do they verify your age? Thanks
Senior discount on 08:37 - Jul 15 with 1712 viewsessextaxiboy

Seniors must be over 62 on August 1st 2023 (born on or before 01/08/1961)

Copied from the website .

I cant remember having to verify my age , but I was a long standing season ticket holder so they had my details . I think the price dropped automatically .
Senior discount on 08:39 - Jul 15 with 1706 viewsstevec

Sorry to say this but I have a feeling that boat may have sailed.

I’m 63 and think a year after I turned 60 they began moving the qualifying age from 60 to 65 on a year to year basis.

It’s possible any reduction maybe proportional, you may need to ask the club about that.
Senior discount on 09:07 - Jul 15 with 1642 viewsRs_Holy

I reckon they will scrap it the year I make it to 65 … 😕
Senior discount on 10:13 - Jul 15 with 1523 viewsNorthantsHoop

In the same boat turning 60 later this year, here is the 2019 announcement of staggered introduction of concession changes over the next few years https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/senior-concession-age-change/
Senior discount on 10:31 - Jul 15 with 1484 viewsstan4england

It’s a truly ridiculous state for long-term Rs fans of my age. I turned 60 very excited and they moved the age to 61. I turned 61 a they moved it to 62. And half season tickets apply from August 8th ehen my birthday is December, so I can’t even get one of those! As a loyal fan, the effect is 65 now. As a new fan of 63, you’ll be fine. I’m not entirely sure but I think you can buy single senior citizen tickets from your relevant birthday, so you can partly get around it that way.
Senior discount on 11:21 - Jul 15 with 1385 viewshighleverhoopL

Senior discount on 10:31 - Jul 15 by stan4england

It’s a truly ridiculous state for long-term Rs fans of my age. I turned 60 very excited and they moved the age to 61. I turned 61 a they moved it to 62. And half season tickets apply from August 8th ehen my birthday is December, so I can’t even get one of those! As a loyal fan, the effect is 65 now. As a new fan of 63, you’ll be fine. I’m not entirely sure but I think you can buy single senior citizen tickets from your relevant birthday, so you can partly get around it that way.

My mate is three months younger than me and has had this season and last with the discount but I don't qualify until next season
Senior discount on 11:44 - Jul 15 with 1332 viewshubble

For a lot of us born in the early 60s it's the same as the bloody pension, they keep moving the goalposts! I was quietly pleased that I could get my senior discount for my first game as a 60 year old, so imagine my chagrin when I discovered they had changed it to 61 that very year!*

Obviously I bought it at the senior discount price anyway... they were never going to check at the turnstiles...

*I'm sure it always used to be 60, didn't it?

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024