Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Positives thread. 14:27 - Aug 6 with 11592 viewsHooping_Mad

Anyone want to add what they saw as something/anything positive from yesterday's action?

We have plenty of negative threads so maybe we can use this to focus on any rays of light?

Mine were:
New GK is going to give us real value for money, looks a better shot stopper than Dieng. His shoulders aren't made of dynamite like Archers so that's a solid plus too.

SDM looks like he wants to take any chance given to him, talent aside his attitude is a plus.

Armstrong loves a row when he comes on, will argue with anyone and I like that, it does smack of a slight lack of maturity but shows his intent and drive and will to want to win.

Dykes worked hard, think his legs were gone when he missed his chance.

Gubbins got a smack in the face and didn't do a Lumley. Impressed with how he persevered in tough circumstances.

Surprised we didn't see Adomah and the new LB, thought the game presented an opportunity for both to show up.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

The Positives thread. on 18:28 - Aug 6 with 2138 viewsMatch82

The Positives thread. on 15:26 - Aug 6 by baz_qpr

Duke McKenna can do a ratting job in midfield, energy, bite and pace. Not a winger which is where he has been played in his time here.

And I wish oh wish Armstrong had got his goal with that lob, we just have to get that kid scoring because at a minimum he pushes teams back and creates space in our midfield for Chair to play in

I think SDM will start vs Cardiff. At this point Ainsworth has to put a team of people out that will at least be committed and he brought that
The Positives thread. on 18:33 - Aug 6 with 2120 viewscaptainmycaptian

Hummmmmmmm let me think.....

Only 45 games left ? .........

Well I suppose that's wrong 47 if you count the 2 Cup.games !!
The Positives thread. on 18:39 - Aug 6 with 2084 viewscaptainmycaptian

Also he will be gone after the Southampton game
The Positives thread. on 19:03 - Aug 6 with 2033 viewsjtuck

The Positives thread. on 17:56 - Aug 6 by rbee

Dykes won just about every header.

Errrr...

LAranger

The Positives thread. on 21:33 - Aug 6 with 1888 viewsDejR_vu

Begovic, considering limited recent game time, played well.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

The Positives thread. on 22:00 - Aug 6 with 1824 viewsgazza1

The Positives thread. on 21:33 - Aug 6 by DejR_vu

Begovic, considering limited recent game time, played well.

Did he......he saved what I expected him to save. Unsure if he could have done better with a couple of the goals - not sure. He certainly cant catch a ball, he punched nearly everything.
The Positives thread. on 22:20 - Aug 6 with 1794 viewsdubaistu

My Paddy Power account is healthier.
The Positives thread. on 22:30 - Aug 6 with 1772 viewsDejR_vu

The Positives thread. on 22:00 - Aug 6 by gazza1

Did he......he saved what I expected him to save. Unsure if he could have done better with a couple of the goals - not sure. He certainly cant catch a ball, he punched nearly everything.

14 shots on target, 10 saved. For someone with limited game time, I thought he did reasonably well.

On a thread looking for positives, it’s the best I could do.

Login to get fewer ads

The Positives thread. on 22:36 - Aug 6 with 1759 viewsozexile

The Positives thread. on 18:28 - Aug 6 by Match82

I think SDM will start vs Cardiff. At this point Ainsworth has to put a team of people out that will at least be committed and he brought that

Nearly 2 years ago in the cup v Everton he came on and tackled everything that moved. I thought he'd be involved way more from then on. I hope he takes this opportunity cause he's someone we can all get behind.
The Positives thread. on 22:41 - Aug 6 with 1741 viewsDejR_vu

The Positives thread. on 22:36 - Aug 6 by ozexile

Nearly 2 years ago in the cup v Everton he came on and tackled everything that moved. I thought he'd be involved way more from then on. I hope he takes this opportunity cause he's someone we can all get behind.

He’s way ahead of Dozzell. Given our options he should be getting a run of games.

The Positives thread. on 22:56 - Aug 6 with 1723 viewsozexile

The Positives thread. on 22:41 - Aug 6 by DejR_vu

He’s way ahead of Dozzell. Given our options he should be getting a run of games.

I'd play Archer in Midfield over Dozzell.
The Positives thread. on 23:10 - Aug 6 with 1701 viewsTomS

The team came out for the second half and kept Watford scoreless from then until the final whistle. Heroes the lot of them.
The Positives thread. on 23:15 - Aug 6 with 1691 viewsOakR

Positives.

Hopefully in the not too distant future we will have Colback, Dunne and JCS fit which should improve us defensively considerably.

Yesterday means that changes are likely to be made formation wise andn some of the 'tactical' decisions will have to be changed.

We've lured the other teams in the Championship into a false sense of security that we are easily beatable - a stunning piece of mind games.

Poll: Will we stay up?

The Positives thread. on 08:18 - Aug 7 with 1594 viewsgazza1

The Positives thread. on 22:30 - Aug 6 by DejR_vu

14 shots on target, 10 saved. For someone with limited game time, I thought he did reasonably well.

On a thread looking for positives, it’s the best I could do.

Yep, understand where you are coming from, I thought he did ok, no more than that.
The Positives thread. on 09:08 - Aug 7 with 1574 viewsJAY

Begovic. Duke Mckenna. Armstrong looked handy again, cant ever see him being a massive goal scorer but you don't always need that in a team, offers something different.
The Positives thread. on 10:13 - Aug 7 with 1506 viewstoboboly

The Positives thread. on 15:43 - Aug 6 by PlanetHonneywood

Lot of money for 36 seconds.

That's what she said

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

The Positives thread. on 10:27 - Aug 7 with 1487 viewsspencer

Positives - We have some great fans at this club. of which the club does not deserve.
Duke-Mckenna / Sinclair Armstrong , start them both
The Positives thread. on 10:54 - Aug 7 with 1455 viewsHunterhoop

Duke McKenna was a positive. Deserves to start in midfield.

Armstrong needs to start with Dykes. I actually think they’ll work quite well together. When he gets his first goal, which he will, I think he could get on a roll from there. Clive is right in his report. No one should be trying to cool his aggression; they need to lift theirs to match his.

We’re surely signing at centre half now.

That’s it.
The Positives thread. on 11:00 - Aug 7 with 1447 viewsspencer

The Positives thread. on 10:54 - Aug 7 by Hunterhoop

Armstrong needs to start with Dykes. I actually think they’ll work quite well together. When he gets his first goal, which he will, I think he could get on a roll from there. Clive is right in his report. No one should be trying to cool his aggression; they need to lift theirs to match his.

That’s it.

Exactly
I remember a young Ian Wright being a petulant little sh.t. If you had taken that from his game, he wouldn't have been half the player he became.

Nothing wrong with controlled aggression and a little un controlled
The Positives thread. on 11:12 - Aug 7 with 1418 viewsWestonsuperR

The Positives thread. on 10:54 - Aug 7 by Hunterhoop

That’s it.

Shows how desperate the situation is when we are suggesting SDM needs so start, I am not saying he doesn’t, but 10 appearances for Orient in League two and Conference matches before that, making little impact at either level.
The Positives thread. on 11:51 - Aug 7 with 1382 viewsCiderwithRsie

Well, I'm going slightly differently on this.

I thought we'd be terrible this year and it took just one minute to prove it. Some players are, through no fault of their own, not good enough. A couple, though I think no more than that, are tossers. A few are decent but demoralised or have lost their way. There's no money to fix it. The manager's a decent guy but maybe out of his depth and is burning up goodwill through lack of candour. Then again, Critchley was scrupulously honest, and what good did that do him or us?

I'm hoping for a season of honest effort, like Wycombe's in 2020-21, but I see no sign we'll get it, and anyway they got relegated. I think it likely Ainsworth will eventually be sacked, which would be sad (and will only happen if we're deep in the doodoo) and probably pointless as I've no idea who'd be willing to take over. We've sacked managers year after year, we let the only decent one we've had in years IMO go; we've sacked the DOF, we've shed a chairman. None of it will make a b*gger of difference. I suspect that in six months we'll be looking at Birmingham City, another basket case club, with wistful thoughts of what might have been.

It's going to be bloody grim. I can't afford to go anyway but everyone who does has my deepest admiration.

What remains is that we are QPR. It's still a club that's given me good times and bad, but that's always been there for me in my worst times. Sometimes making them worse. And there's you lot; ditto. And the people you see at games. And A Kick Up the Rs. And Clive's match reports. And grotty old Loftus Road. And the hooped shirts. Is that enough? Yeah, sort of. Has to be, really.

I'm not going to give you some old guff about being the 12th man. There's going to be lots of times when anyone watching is going to be angry, or just worn down, and people are going to say things they don't mean, or that are out of order, or whatever. So it goes, we're human.

Sometimes, life is really, really cr*p. Now is one of those times. Alright, bring it on.We control the things we can control. Let's try to be decent to each other. If we're about to slag off a player (or anyone else really), please have a think first about what they can control.

Onwards and upward. Or more likely onwards and downward. But onwards anyway.
The Positives thread. on 12:02 - Aug 7 with 1363 viewsdenhamhoop2

Thanks to QPR's ineptitude I was able to get the 5 12 bus home from Watford Junction was indoors before 6 pm
The Positives thread. on 13:01 - Aug 7 with 1293 viewsHoopsie

Cometh the hour, cometh the Cavalry

Poll: Who will follow Rotherham and Huddersfield to League One?

The Positives thread. on 15:16 - Aug 7 with 1183 viewsthemodfather

well we have time to sign loan players of ind bargain basement players willing to work for the team/club/shirt
The Positives thread. on 22:54 - Aug 7 with 1025 viewsHayesender

I've just seen the highlights from the Bristol City game, and Rob Dickie is still shite

Poll: Shamima Beghum

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024