Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Train Refunds 10:32 - Aug 25 with 1171 viewsBuggalugs

Looking for some help from our resident train experts.

I've got advanced singles booked through Trainline for Sunderland from weeks ago; going up on the Friday, returning on Saturday after the game. Looks as though Friday is a complete wipeout on the network with the strikes, so will now presumably end up having to drive.

How do I go about getting a refund as Trainline just says advanced singles are non-refundable....and can I get a refund for both legs, even if the return journey runs?

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Train Refunds on 11:19 - Aug 25 with 1118 viewsSalisburySaint

Never dealt with trainline, but normally easy enough with most companies to get money back if trains are cancelled due to strikes

I’ll be looking to get money back for train back from London to Salisbury next Saturday as I know there will be no trains back Saturday after 7pm from London

Several of us are ok on trains to and from Sunderland from London, as we are travelling with Grand Central, who are not one of striking companies, but will need to drive up to Richmond on Friday and park up there, so we can get back from London

We are also using Grand Central for Middlesbrough, and planning to use Hull Trains for the trip up there in October as they too are not involved in the disputes, Lumo another one not involved.

Also worth noting fares on all these operators much cheaper than LNER
[Post edited 26 Aug 2023 8:59]
Train Refunds on 12:08 - Aug 25 with 1087 viewsBuggalugs

Train Refunds on 11:19 - Aug 25 by SalisburySaint

Never dealt with trainline, but normally easy enough with most companies to get money back if trains are cancelled due to strikes

I’ll be looking to get money back for train back from London to Salisbury next Saturday as I know there will be no trains back Saturday after 7pm from London

Several of us are ok on trains to and from Sunderland from London, as we are travelling with Grand Central, who are not one of striking companies, but will need to drive up to Richmond on Friday and park up there, so we can get back from London

We are also using Grand Central for Middlesbrough, and planning to use Hull Trains for the trip up there in October as they too are not involved in the disputes, Lumo another one not involved.

Also worth noting fares on all these operators much cheaper than LNER
[Post edited 26 Aug 2023 8:59]

Yeah, I was on Grand Central too, but getting to and from London was the problem. Had hotel booked in York for the Friday as was going to stopover there and train it to Sunderland in the morning.

Have spoken to them now and got credited for everything, so will drive up now and just stay over in Sunderland I suppose.

Cheers for your help.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Train Refunds on 12:40 - Aug 25 with 1060 viewswibbersda

I believe that if you used a credit card to pay you have 14 days to claim a refund as part of the distance selling act.
You may be able to with a debit card as well, however you will get more support using a CC as the company are equally liable for purchases.
Train Refunds on 13:02 - Aug 25 with 1034 viewsfranniesTache

I'm pretty sure in the past with trainline i've had to claim from the train operator themselves as trainline are just a re-seller.

You have to send in photos of the tickets and any discount cards you used and the train operator processes the refund.

Never really had any problems with it to be honest, and used to be great when i was travelling for work as i could claim for trains my company had paid for
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024