Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warnock on Crouch Podcast 14:05 - Jan 3 with 2124 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Never really had much time for the man, "if I'm honest"(c) but this will definitely be of interest to many of you.

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/new-that-peter-crouch-podcast/id1616744464

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Warnock on Crouch Podcast on 19:54 - Jan 3 with 1675 viewstraininvain

Thanks, going to check this out. On a similar note, Sir Les was a guest on the recent series of the Quickly Kevin podcast. It’s all focussed on the 90’s so plenty about his time at QPR.

One thing that stuck in my mind is him saying that Gerry Francis was the first manager to put an arm around his shoulder and say you’re going to be my number 9.

Les said he didn’t realise how much he needed it and all his career up until that point he’d been bumping heads with managers and playing on the edge trying to prove a point without any real composure to his game.

It made me think of Sinclair Armstrong and the way he plays at the moment. I know he’s nowhere near Les’s level and unlikely to ever get close but I think the same logic applies in terms of trying to find a way to give him the confidence to get on the pitch and play with composure instead of playing on raw emotion and trying to prove a point every time he gets minutes.
Warnock on Crouch Podcast on 20:53 - Jan 3 with 1540 viewsWestway

Count how many times he says "are ye wid me?"
Warnock on Crouch Podcast on 12:18 - Jan 4 with 1039 viewsLandshark

Warnock on Crouch Podcast on 20:53 - Jan 3 by Westway

Count how many times he says "are ye wid me?"

I noticed that too, at one point he ended with that on every other sentence. I've heard quite a few of his interviews over the years and never heard him use that phrase before.

I think his age must be getting to him. He got his club stories jumbled up a couple of times.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024