Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We Live to Fight Again 15:31 - Jan 28 with 10309 viewsBrianMcCarthy

All to fight for.

Have to stay positive. Have to believe.

Poor today, but ultimately an offside goal cost us the win.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

We Live to Fight Again on 15:38 - Jan 28 with 5238 viewsRangers67

I admire your optimism Brian but that performance had relegation written all over it
We Live to Fight Again on 15:39 - Jan 28 with 5228 viewsNed_Kennedys

No mate an insipid flat performance cost us the win.
We Live to Fight Again on 15:40 - Jan 28 with 5183 viewsBoston

Yes Brian, but Dunkirk was a military disaster.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

We Live to Fight Again on 15:43 - Jan 28 with 5175 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Cooke gave another great interview saying we were too uptight and surprising complained about the pitch which looked poor .(how much did we spend on it again)
We looked dead after their offside goal but that fightback gives us a massive lift and could be critical saving us .
Its nowhere near over for us yet
We Live to Fight Again on 15:46 - Jan 28 with 5122 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Yeah, we dodged one there. We were garbage; they wanted it more and were first to everything.
We Live to Fight Again on 15:49 - Jan 28 with 5071 viewsQPRSteve

What's our midfield for the next game?

Can we appeal the yellows on account for the ref being an utter &@£!! ?
We Live to Fight Again on 15:51 - Jan 28 with 5064 viewsPaddyhoops

Abysmal. That’s about it. Turned up in our thousands .. again and we get that.
Let’s hope Frey Bentos has something about him or we’re doomed.
We Live to Fight Again on 16:02 - Jan 28 with 4948 viewsjoolsyp

We Live to Fight Again on 15:49 - Jan 28 by QPRSteve

What's our midfield for the next game?

Can we appeal the yellows on account for the ref being an utter &@£!! ?

Dixon Bonner Dixon Bonner

Dixon Bonner
Login to get fewer ads

We Live to Fight Again on 16:10 - Jan 28 with 4871 viewsjoolsyp

We Live to Fight Again on 15:46 - Jan 28 by Wegerles_Stairs

Yeah, we dodged one there. We were garbage; they wanted it more and were first to everything.

You could tell they wanted it more - first to everything and I noticed that when one of our players had the ball he was immediately swarmed by 3 Huddersfield players. They played with intensity and aggression, we just looked half-arsed until the last 10 mins.

We talk about getting strikers in and maybe Frey Bentos will help ... but for me the main problem all season has been the lack of a central midfielder/8 who can win the ball deep and carry it forward at pace. Even Dozzell did that occasionally (and I mean very occasionally). Without anyone to link our static defensive midfield/defence to the forward line, or quick enough to put a foot in when the opposition midfield tries to run through us (as Rudoni and Thomas did time and time again today) we are always on the back foot against physical and athletic sides who put us under pressure. I'm not surprised we have such a poor record against Huddersfield.
We Live to Fight Again on 16:10 - Jan 28 with 4865 viewsNed_Kennedys

We Live to Fight Again on 16:02 - Jan 28 by joolsyp

Dixon Bonner

Dixon-Bonner was absolutely woeful when he came on, so bad I’d have kept Willock on.
We Live to Fight Again on 16:16 - Jan 28 with 4800 viewsnumptydumpty

We Live to Fight Again on 16:10 - Jan 28 by Ned_Kennedys

Dixon-Bonner was absolutely woeful when he came on, so bad I’d have kept Willock on.

Nonsense

Decent player.

Our best long shot of the game. Just missed.

According to 20 stone man next to me today, the entire reason we did badly was Willock being a fat lazy arse !!!

He did not play well but nor did anyone else.

At least we salvaged a draw, a loss would have been big time demoralising.

Two games undefeated !!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

We Live to Fight Again on 16:18 - Jan 28 with 4766 viewsBrianMcCarthy

We Live to Fight Again on 15:39 - Jan 28 by Ned_Kennedys

No mate an insipid flat performance cost us the win.

That is also true, Ned.

But one way or the other we were level at 86 minutes, and an offside goal was allowed to stand.

I am absolutely not saying that we played well. But we're alive.

We Live to Fight Again on 16:19 - Jan 28 with 4748 viewsNorthantsHoop

Just about saved this game, but we were poor, thought Huddersfield were the better team even with their falling over antics. The reason we will go down is that we cannot step up when the opportunity is there for the taking.
We Live to Fight Again on 16:21 - Jan 28 with 4717 viewsQPsyR

We Live to Fight Again on 16:18 - Jan 28 by BrianMcCarthy

That is also true, Ned.

But one way or the other we were level at 86 minutes, and an offside goal was allowed to stand.

I am absolutely not saying that we played well. But we're alive.

Sorry mate, in hindsight at least we equalised. I nwas just expecting more I think habing not seen us play since the new manager came in
[Post edited 29 Jan 8:50]

FKA AcidPixie

We Live to Fight Again on 16:27 - Jan 28 with 4672 viewsytt28

We Live to Fight Again on 16:02 - Jan 28 by joolsyp

Dixon Bonner

Thats six, are they all relateed? And, what about the other four outfield players?
We Live to Fight Again on 16:29 - Jan 28 with 4642 viewsAntti_Heinola

Admire your positivity Brian, but that was the most dispiriting performance of the season for me, at least since Marti came. There’s being rubbish, and then there’s just not turning up. Today we didn’t turn up. So slow. Awful passing. No pattern of play. Aimless hoofing. No one showing for the ball. Numerous anonymous performances, Willock the worst. And now we play the next two games with no midfield and a non league player at RB probably for a few weeks. Absolutely nothing positive about that today. Yeah fine, Smyth will replace Willock next week. Maybe Frey might get a goal or two. But we had our chance this month. 4 points from 4 winnable games. We’re going down.
Don’t really agree with people saying Hudd wanted it more - unless what they wanted was a dull draw - marginally, they wanted that more. Otherwise, i thought other than Rudoni and Thomas, they were as dreadful and as deserving of going down as we are.

Bare bones.

We Live to Fight Again on 16:29 - Jan 28 with 4639 viewsOldPedro

Same as a lot of our games recently, we have better performances about better teams. When we play the very poor teams, such as Huddersfield/ Sheff Weds, we play poorly

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

We Live to Fight Again on 16:50 - Jan 28 with 4516 viewsBrianMcCarthy

We Live to Fight Again on 16:29 - Jan 28 by Antti_Heinola

Admire your positivity Brian, but that was the most dispiriting performance of the season for me, at least since Marti came. There’s being rubbish, and then there’s just not turning up. Today we didn’t turn up. So slow. Awful passing. No pattern of play. Aimless hoofing. No one showing for the ball. Numerous anonymous performances, Willock the worst. And now we play the next two games with no midfield and a non league player at RB probably for a few weeks. Absolutely nothing positive about that today. Yeah fine, Smyth will replace Willock next week. Maybe Frey might get a goal or two. But we had our chance this month. 4 points from 4 winnable games. We’re going down.
Don’t really agree with people saying Hudd wanted it more - unless what they wanted was a dull draw - marginally, they wanted that more. Otherwise, i thought other than Rudoni and Thomas, they were as dreadful and as deserving of going down as we are.

Man, I'm very disappointed too, but the game is over, and we have to have belief that Cifuentes will continue to improve this team.

I'm usually very positive but on 94 minutes even I was wondering how we'd overturn a six-point deficit.

We Live to Fight Again on 16:50 - Jan 28 with 4515 viewsBlackCrowe

We Live to Fight Again on 15:43 - Jan 28 by CLAREMAN1995

Cooke gave another great interview saying we were too uptight and surprising complained about the pitch which looked poor .(how much did we spend on it again)
We looked dead after their offside goal but that fightback gives us a massive lift and could be critical saving us .
Its nowhere near over for us yet

Yeah i thought the pitch looked very uneven and bobbley.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

We Live to Fight Again on 16:51 - Jan 28 with 4509 viewscolinallcars

Fight ? The OED definition might be worth looking up !
We Live to Fight Again on 16:56 - Jan 28 with 4435 viewsstevec

We Live to Fight Again on 16:29 - Jan 28 by OldPedro

Same as a lot of our games recently, we have better performances about better teams. When we play the very poor teams, such as Huddersfield/ Sheff Weds, we play poorly

Sorry, good teams or bad teams, if they fancy it, they’ll win.

All of our wins have been against mid table sides who occasionally show up and have a breather given they’re not going up or down.

We are absolute shit against any team with something to play for.
We Live to Fight Again on 17:26 - Jan 28 with 4260 viewsBeckenhamhoop

I’ve only just found out we drew. I switched off well before Paal’s goal. Insipid, gutless and I’ve got to say I thought Cifuentes had zero impact on the game when it was clear that Huddersfield were the dominant side from the first few minutes. I accepted relegation after Millwall away. They deserve it; a dreadful team.
We Live to Fight Again on 17:27 - Jan 28 with 4241 viewsLongRanger

Brian is surely right, we do live to fight again, but if we’d lost it would be hard to see a way back.
Personally, I doubt we’d have scored that goal if we hadn’t gone behind, as it came from the increased intensity and urgency in response to going behind, but who knows.

We were very poor, but I think they looked generally rubbish and think they’ll lose to Sheff Wed and probably go down.

How we respond now with suspensions and injuries, who knows, need a big improvement, but still in touch.
We Live to Fight Again on 17:28 - Jan 28 with 4245 viewsbongo_king

It was a poor game between two teams which played poorly. Huddersfield looked more up for it, but I think a draw was a fair result overall.

As said on another thread, the ref was utter gash, albeit without getting any one big decision wrong. He just got all the little ones wrong...almost all not in our favour. Cannon, while not being amazing was a big loss. Huddersfield basically relied on trying to toast a L2 RB (Drewe) thereafter; also working on the basis that a corner against us is a very good chance with their record. The takeaway here is our squad is paper thin and weak. But we knew that already.

I ultimately agree with the OP that with a draw we live to fight another day. We know we are better than we were today, we have shown it under Marti. But that said, largely cos we have such a paperthin squad which weakens massively if one or two players are out, I think odds of staying up are against us, maybe 60-40.
We Live to Fight Again on 17:56 - Jan 28 with 4072 viewsloftus77

Yep, sorry to pile in (Brian). I really salute your optimism but it's over - and has been for a long time.

Man-for-man (and with this coach), we could be just about good enough to scrape the most unlikeliest of survivals if we were miraculously lucky on the injury front.

But, even with all that in place, your team collectively has to really and genuinely care - for the club, its fans and its future. It has, as a body of men, be up for it, united and want it. Our lot patently, evidently and demonstrably do not - for whatever reason(s).

Forget about today's crucial game, take a look again at those Watford 'highlights' and Livermore's goals. Ignore him, and concentrate what our defenders/players are actually doing positioning-wise in the two build-ups. There is no intent to pressure the ball at all IMHO and this is one example of many. The playing out from the back in the Cardiff home game - utterly woeful.

Would love to be wrong - but League One in August is certain.
[Post edited 28 Jan 17:58]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024