Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cifuentes on Rotherham Win 18:37 - Feb 24 with 2543 viewsBrianMcCarthy

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Cifuentes on Rotherham Win on 18:39 - Feb 24 with 2496 viewsBoston

But Rotherham lost, Brian.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Cifuentes on Rotherham Win on 18:48 - Feb 24 with 2390 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Wow Marti smiled twice this week we must be doing something right .
Cifuentes on Rotherham Win on 19:15 - Feb 24 with 2239 viewsFredManRave

I don't ever want another manager.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Cifuentes on Rotherham Win on 00:18 - Feb 25 with 1711 viewsMonkey_Roots

Cifuentes on Rotherham Win on 19:15 - Feb 24 by FredManRave

I don't ever want another manager.

Accidentally down voted.

I wholeheartedly agree.
Cifuentes on Rotherham Win on 02:46 - Feb 25 with 1592 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Recently there was a sliding doors thread that should be updated when this season is over. Retaining championship status and Marti's services is key.
Cifuentes on Rotherham Win on 07:07 - Feb 25 with 1476 viewsnix

One of things I particularly like about Marti (there are many obvs) is that he learns from past experiences. So in earlier matches he’s bring on subs a bit too late - how many crunch matches did the other team score between the 45th and 60 minutes and he would bring on someone in the 60-65 minute but I notice here he freshened things up at half time and it paid dividends.

Warburton, the snake and Ainsworth often left it even later when we were already under the cosh, sometimes not until the 70th minute and we’d inevitably concede.
Cifuentes on Rotherham Win on 07:21 - Feb 25 with 1447 viewsdm97

Cifuentes on Rotherham Win on 07:07 - Feb 25 by nix

One of things I particularly like about Marti (there are many obvs) is that he learns from past experiences. So in earlier matches he’s bring on subs a bit too late - how many crunch matches did the other team score between the 45th and 60 minutes and he would bring on someone in the 60-65 minute but I notice here he freshened things up at half time and it paid dividends.

Warburton, the snake and Ainsworth often left it even later when we were already under the cosh, sometimes not until the 70th minute and we’d inevitably concede.

Yeah - he’s first we’ve had for so long who isn’t stubborn. Adapts things based on what he sees. Simple but needed. Loved Warbs but his (and PBBCs) “plan b is do plan a better” mentality just doesn’t cut it at our level.

We’d be 9/10th from day he took over. Ridiculous improvements given where we were.
Cifuentes on Rotherham Win on 08:16 - Feb 25 with 1337 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Best thing at QPR by a mile. He actually tries to impact the game with his substitutions, and they do more often than not.
Login to get fewer ads

Cifuentes on Rotherham Win on 08:52 - Feb 25 with 1278 viewsDoudou87

Agree with Nix, to make those changes at half time and change our shape was so refreshing to see, non of our previous managers would have read the game as well and made such big decisions. Moving to three at the back and bringing Smyth on as a wingback was exactly what was needed and a whole 45 minutes of it not a 15 minute throw of the dice, last ditch attempt. I presume Hayden was a tactical decision as he was on a yellow, for such an important game decisions like that need to be made. My only criticism is not starting Armstrong thought he would have had the beating of Morrison who defends well but has no pace, Chair exposed this a few times. Very interested to see next weekends starting line up!

Poll: Preferred rumoured CB

Cifuentes on Rotherham Win on 15:06 - Feb 25 with 996 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Cifuentes on Rotherham Win on 08:52 - Feb 25 by Doudou87

Agree with Nix, to make those changes at half time and change our shape was so refreshing to see, non of our previous managers would have read the game as well and made such big decisions. Moving to three at the back and bringing Smyth on as a wingback was exactly what was needed and a whole 45 minutes of it not a 15 minute throw of the dice, last ditch attempt. I presume Hayden was a tactical decision as he was on a yellow, for such an important game decisions like that need to be made. My only criticism is not starting Armstrong thought he would have had the beating of Morrison who defends well but has no pace, Chair exposed this a few times. Very interested to see next weekends starting line up!

I thought Hayden and Hodge were very unlucky to be pulled off but they were both on yellow cards and we were behind so its was panic stations (without the panic of course)
I was reading back over the match thread only when we win haha and Smyth was getting abuse for falling/diving /getting blown over from a few posters .Suddenly he is our hero and nobody will mind him posting about that goal on his personal social media now I guess .
Willock is fully back which is like a new signing so that is another Marti masterstroke fair play to him.
When he keeps us and starts building his own team it could be fun around here
Cifuentes on Rotherham Win on 16:08 - Feb 25 with 878 viewsOldPedro

Cifuentes on Rotherham Win on 15:06 - Feb 25 by CLAREMAN1995

I thought Hayden and Hodge were very unlucky to be pulled off but they were both on yellow cards and we were behind so its was panic stations (without the panic of course)
I was reading back over the match thread only when we win haha and Smyth was getting abuse for falling/diving /getting blown over from a few posters .Suddenly he is our hero and nobody will mind him posting about that goal on his personal social media now I guess .
Willock is fully back which is like a new signing so that is another Marti masterstroke fair play to him.

Smyth does go over easily but no more so than players from other teams do. There was one incident where the defender made a clumsy challenge and fell on Smyth and then managed to handle the ball when both players were on the floor.

I'm sure the ref would have given a free kick elsewhere on the pitch but he never looked like he was going to give a penalty for anything.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Cifuentes on Rotherham Win on 16:15 - Feb 25 with 856 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Marti deserves some credit for the tactical switches which changed the game. Having conceded early, it would've been easy for the team to get frustrated but they stuck to the game plan and claimed the victory. Kudos also to the fans for sticking with the team and spurring them on.
Cifuentes on Rotherham Win on 16:19 - Feb 25 with 846 viewsAntti_Heinola

Cifuentes on Rotherham Win on 15:06 - Feb 25 by CLAREMAN1995

I think Hayden has been excellent for us, but I don't know if he was feeling under the weather or what, but he was pretty poor yesterday and looked well off the pace to me. Wasn't surprised he was hooked.

Bare bones.

Cifuentes on Rotherham Win on 17:38 - Feb 25 with 710 viewsOldPedro

Cifuentes on Rotherham Win on 16:19 - Feb 25 by Antti_Heinola

I think Hayden has been excellent for us, but I don't know if he was feeling under the weather or what, but he was pretty poor yesterday and looked well off the pace to me. Wasn't surprised he was hooked.

Hayden did apologize on his Instagram account

"Below standard personal performance from me today, but lads second half were top draw to get the win. "

https://www.instagram.com/p/C3vXtRUCtsh/?hl=en&img_index=1

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024