Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southampton Should Not Fear Anyone In The Play Offs. 15:10 - Apr 29 with 890 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/62422/southampton-should

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Southampton Should Not Fear Anyone In The Play Offs. on 15:26 - Apr 29 with 830 viewsSFC_Referee

Dunno about that, as Norwich are the one team I’d really not wanna face in the semi’s and maybe Ipswich as well, although I do think they’d loose to Norwich if they face each other’s in the semi.
As it’s West Brom that I’d love to play, and then Leeds in the final

Poll: Who’ll win the playoffs

Southampton Should Not Fear Anyone In The Play Offs. on 15:38 - Apr 29 with 822 viewsWints76

Exactly. We need to attack these play offs. Go on with a clean slate and go back to what we have been doing at times this season. Both Ipswich and Leeds will have their issues going in the play offs, and we haven't lost to WBA or Norwich. This is where a manager needs to earn his corn and build his players up, and where we as supporters need to make a difference as well. We don't need silly songs about skates or libraries, just a constant roar of support.

Of course, come tomorrow I may feel completely different, but at the moment, I am full of anticipation
Southampton Should Not Fear Anyone In The Play Offs. on 16:02 - Apr 29 with 774 viewssaints__fan__73

I don't think any of the other playoff teams will be fearing us.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Southampton Should Not Fear Anyone In The Play Offs. on 16:21 - Apr 29 with 751 viewsTripleNiemi

100%.

Even if we don’t make it to Wembley then so be it, but for gods sake Russell, let’s take the opposition by the jugular and go for it. If we lose with only 30% posession but a dozen or more good efforts on target then am sure we could accept it. Getting a 70% possession stat and dithering with the ball counts for nothing.
[Post edited 29 Apr 16:23]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Southampton Should Not Fear Anyone In The Play Offs. on 16:42 - Apr 29 with 723 viewssaint22

Southampton Should Not Fear Anyone In The Play Offs. on 16:21 - Apr 29 by TripleNiemi

100%.

Even if we don’t make it to Wembley then so be it, but for gods sake Russell, let’s take the opposition by the jugular and go for it. If we lose with only 30% posession but a dozen or more good efforts on target then am sure we could accept it. Getting a 70% possession stat and dithering with the ball counts for nothing.
[Post edited 29 Apr 16:23]

You are asking Wussell to throw out his season long play book and adapt new tactics for the play offs?
Good luck with that, you know exactly what's gonna happen
Southampton Should Not Fear Anyone In The Play Offs. on 16:53 - Apr 29 with 712 viewssaint901

RM will not change the way we play.

The players (based on last Saturday) are either not good enough to play it, have lost faith in it (and perhaps RM?), have seen Leeds, Ipswich and others counter it easily.

We therefore have to hope that RM can motivate the team to get back to pass and move whilst learning something from the games we've lost this season.

I think that is a vain hope and we will see more of the same.

If I were a supporter of Ipswich, Leeds, WBA, Norwich or Hull, I'd be wanting to meet us early doors before taking on real opposition in the final.
Southampton Should Not Fear Anyone In The Play Offs. on 16:58 - Apr 29 with 708 views1ASIN12

Yes, if the right team with the right attitude turn up then we would win the playoffs .

If the wrong team turn up either in the playoffs or the playoff final then we won’t.

Which team turn up is anyone’s guess.

The trouble is I think we won’t turn up in the playoffs and won’t even reach Wembley. For what ever reason what ever made us tick during our unbeaten run has now been lost and we now look a very average championship team.
Southampton Should Not Fear Anyone In The Play Offs. on 17:45 - Apr 29 with 649 viewsyateleysaint

…except themselves.

You cannot reason a person out of something they were not reasoned into.

Login to get fewer ads

Southampton Should Not Fear Anyone In The Play Offs. on 18:33 - Apr 29 with 604 viewsBLEEDRED

RM only knows one way of playing, that will not change. He doesn't know what 4-4-2 is, he can't get players to play though the middle, it is fixed in his mind and will not change, same next season
Southampton Should Not Fear Anyone In The Play Offs. on 18:56 - Apr 29 with 577 views1885_SFC

Sideways, sideways, sideways, backwards, sideways, sideways, backwards, backwards, sideways, sideways, backwards, sideways, backwards, backwards ,sideways... panic, panic, panic... sh1t, we're one nil down.

Repeat for full 90 minutes. Cheerio play-offs. Oh well.

If it turns out to be anything other - then I'm Basil Brush!

Old School is Cool

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024