Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just got back, a few thoughts/observations.... 20:22 - Apr 14 with 2552 viewsfLaMeBoY

1/ Safe to say all the players were 30% down on the level of performance we have had a home recently. While today was not as bad as the horror showings at Sunderland and Blackburn, there was an alarmingly lack a cutting edge and quality throughout.

2/ As feared today was another pretty standard away performance that we have become accustomed to with QPR. We never got started until very late the first half, pissing away almost half the match before actually getting going. The first 30 minutes was very poor indeed and we could have easily been a couple down and game over.

3/ Second half there was a lot more urgency, but having given WBA 1-0 lead they kept their shape and are well organized meaning our pathetic attacks came to nothing.

4/ Our build up play was at a snails pace with a pointless tactic of ‘getting it wide' 99% of the time when our final balls either over-hit, under hit or mis-placed. Despite 7/8 corners, each one was comfortably defended. We would get to byline countless times only to have our cross easily blocked for a pathetic corner.

5/ There was plenty of effort in the second half, just none of it of any quality. At times it looked like a plucky Championship side up against a Premiership team.

6/ Didn’t understand taking off Taarabt when losing. Yeah, not his greatest game but when losing a match when the quality of final balls has been atrocious why do you take off you most creative player? Not picking on SWP or Mackie but could anyone see them (or anyone else) supplying that killer pass/cross for the equaliser? For me, he would have been the last player to take off.

7/ Where was DJ Campbell today? What our attack needed was pace, not Helguson and Zamora considering our inability to cross a ball. We needed pace to chase down the WBA centreback and create space.

8/ Trying not to be too negative. At least we had a shot on goal (just the one), which is more than I usual see at an away match. It just puts us under huge pressure to win next week and relying on another Arsenal type performance from this squad of players.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Just got back, a few thoughts/observations.... on 20:28 - Apr 14 with 2512 viewsstuabd

Cheers, like your just-back reports.

3 games in a week was never going to be easy. To get any success in this league we need to be closing everything down and the vast majority of the players need to be having a good game. Roll on next week.
Just got back, a few thoughts/observations.... on 20:50 - Apr 14 with 2447 viewsNathanNI

Cheers for that. Missed the game so good to hear from people there.
Just got back, a few thoughts/observations.... on 20:53 - Apr 14 with 2434 viewsted_hendrix

WBA rested 4 or so players mid week and It showed, they were sharper from the KO, a lot sharper than us.

Our away form is killing us.

Roll on the chelshit game.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Just got back, a few thoughts/observations.... on 21:00 - Apr 14 with 2400 viewsFearless

agree with your post

if I may....

9. created about 8 decent chances of which 7 never hit the target - so, better than most away games but no real threat

10. Thought Kenny should have done better for the goal - especially with his form lately - haven't seen it since, but that was my thoughts then

11. Proper ground - no tourists with cameras - no half & half scarves

12. Diakite looked lethargic therefore we looked poorer - shows how instrumental he's been lately
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Just got back, a few thoughts/observations.... on 21:05 - Apr 14 with 2376 viewsparker64

Always like your just back reports Flameboy. Frustrating today. Points were there to be taken. Get at it, give them a game, up the tempo, play a game of football, try to win it. Sitting back today was no good.
Just got back, a few thoughts/observations.... on 21:15 - Apr 14 with 2342 viewsJonDoeman

Just got back, a few thoughts/observations.... on 20:53 - Apr 14 by ted_hendrix

WBA rested 4 or so players mid week and It showed, they were sharper from the KO, a lot sharper than us.

Our away form is killing us.

Roll on the chelshit game.

Yeah, they were targeting this game, to get them over the line.
=============================================================
Disappointing today but what a great couple of matches we've got coming up, win them both and party at the Bridge

It Is What It Is !!

Just got back, a few thoughts/observations.... on 21:18 - Apr 14 with 2328 viewsTGRRRSSS

About what I thought to be honest, I think ultimately 3 games in 6 days and a hugely sapping game at OT left us running a bit low on fuel. WBA were a standard competant Premiership side with some decent attacking players and pace to burn, something we're still looking for in many areas. Thought Hill was superb at the back again.
Just got back, a few thoughts/observations.... on 21:36 - Apr 14 with 2283 viewsJHoop

Could I add the following:

I don't really think either team did enough to deserve the three points today.

Joey Barton put in another good performance

Nedum was awful today, I lost count of the number of times he lost the ball or misplaced a pass. Surely Young would have been a far better option to bring on rather than SWP!?

Hill was monumental in defence, dealt with everything thrown at him with ease.

Login to get fewer ads

Just got back, a few thoughts/observations.... on 22:49 - Apr 14 with 2211 viewskensalriser

Main difference today was that WBA took the one decent chance they had, we didn't take any of the handful we had. That's it really. We weren't anything like as poor as we have been.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Just got back, a few thoughts/observations.... on 09:03 - Apr 15 with 2000 viewsRed_Ranger

13. The Vine - weirdest away pub I've ever been.

Just watched MOTD. Tarabat involved in every cutting move we made. Should have stayed on the pitch. Their goal was well take. Arguably, Zamora should have done better with the chances HE got himself in for.

Sadly it looks like we are definitely getting it together but desperately running out of games.
Just got back, a few thoughts/observations.... on 11:25 - Apr 15 with 1864 viewsJuzzie

Not a lot to add from the OP. I was surprinsingly calm afterwoods though. On the way home, radio presenters trying to stoke up the fear factor. However, Blackburn lost and conceded two more goals than us, Wigan surely can't win at the Emirates, can they?

Yes, we have to sort of rely on others but I can't see Bolton winning 4 out of 6 either, can I?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024