Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who remembers.... 16:50 - Oct 7 with 3048 viewsandygg

Back in the late Eighties when we lost 11 games on the trot? (I think)

We played quite well, but just like now, we had a shite defence, (with legends such as Gus Caesar)

Well guess what? we finished the season comfortably in mid-table.

I know it's hard for some people, but we have to be patient, the results will come.
Who remembers.... on 16:54 - Oct 7 with 3033 viewsngbqpr

Under Don Howe wasn't it? Thought it was only 9

We eventually got a draw at Derby over Xmas (were leading for ages but they got a last minute equaliser)?

Was this when Howe brought Bobby Gould in? Maybe that's the answer...

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Who remembers.... on 16:58 - Oct 7 with 3022 viewsClubber

Funny i was thinking about that all weekend . It was Don Howes team .The way we solved it was Bobby Gould bringing in Darren Peacock and Andy Tillson, two defenders. No transfer window then

"My prediction?. . . . . . . . . pain"

Who remembers.... on 17:04 - Oct 7 with 2997 viewsNov77

42 game season then too.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Who remembers.... on 17:17 - Oct 7 with 2977 viewsClubber

I remember being in the Man City away end singing ' you only beat us two nil , everyone else scores three , you only beat us two nil ' . We scored at the end , Sinton i think and celebrated like we had won the FA cup (it meant something then !). We repeated the same song with a one in . That run was so bad i went home relatively happy .

Who remembers.... on 17:31 - Oct 7 with 2955 viewsHayesender

Remember losing 3-0 at plough lane during that run, and celebrating every throw in like we had scored a goal

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Who remembers.... on 17:34 - Oct 7 with 2947 viewsloftboy

Who remembers.... on 17:17 - Oct 7 by Clubber

I remember being in the Man City away end singing ' you only beat us two nil , everyone else scores three , you only beat us two nil ' . We scored at the end , Sinton i think and celebrated like we had won the FA cup (it meant something then !). We repeated the same song with a one in . That run was so bad i went home relatively happy .

I was there, the city fans were bemused we were using their tune.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Who remembers.... on 17:50 - Oct 7 with 2914 viewshamptonhillhoop

Who remembers.... on 17:31 - Oct 7 by Hayesender

Remember losing 3-0 at plough lane during that run, and celebrating every throw in like we had scored a goal

I was there for that one. Gus Caesar, Jesus. Think I watched it from the gents, it was a better view
Who remembers.... on 17:51 - Oct 7 with 2911 viewsClubber

Who remembers.... on 17:31 - Oct 7 by Hayesender

That was a freezing day as well . I couldn't feel my legs from the knee down . One of those ' could i spend my saturday's doing something that wont ruin my weekends ' days.

Login to get fewer ads

Who remembers.... on 17:55 - Oct 7 with 2895 viewsN12Hoop

Who remembers.... on 16:58 - Oct 7 by Clubber

Funny i was thinking about that all weekend . It was Don Howes team .The way we solved it was Bobby Gould bringing in Darren Peacock and Andy Tillson, two defenders. No transfer window then

Didn't he bring in Brevett as well? Seem to recall making 3 signings in a time span that MH would be proud of.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Who remembers.... on 18:06 - Oct 7 with 2870 viewsClubber

Who remembers.... on 17:55 - Oct 7 by N12Hoop

Didn't he bring in Brevett as well? Seem to recall making 3 signings in a time span that MH would be proud of.

Yeah spot on ,forgot him . His bad luck that Clive Wilson became a revalation at left back. Sure he played when we beat Liverpool at Anfield later that season.

Who remembers.... on 18:20 - Oct 7 with 2842 viewsQPRJennyxxx

yeah brevett, peacock, tillson, 2 from the gas? rufus and tilson.

Peacock was excellent for us.
Brevett did a job, Wilson and the bard, top class though, everyone used to say that Bardsley was the best uncapped full back in the country, till he got capped, then it was Wilson the best uncapped full back in the country. right on both counts. Remember during that period we had more QPR players in the England eleven than any other club. 2 Bardley and sinton. Sadly during Taylors rain so it doesn't count. midfield probably had jeff thomas and carlton palmer in it. not great days as an englishman.

Tilson was shoite.

mmmmmm Lee Cook xxxxxxxxx

Who remembers.... on 19:10 - Oct 7 with 2780 viewssmegma

Who remembers.... on 16:54 - Oct 7 by ngbqpr

Under Don Howe wasn't it? Thought it was only 9

We eventually got a draw at Derby over Xmas (were leading for ages but they got a last minute equaliser)?

Was this when Howe brought Bobby Gould in? Maybe that's the answer...

Good memory !! ??

8 league games and 1 league cup game.And we got spanked in most of them.
1-3 Norwich H
0-3 Everton A
1-3 Southampton A
1-2 Palace H
1-3 Arsenal H
0-3 Leeds (L.Cup) H
1-2 Citeh A
0-3 Wimbledon A
1-2 Florist. H

Don Howe would've been hung ,drawn and quartered in todays football.
He should've been back then having brought in Gus Caesar.
Who remembers.... on 19:13 - Oct 7 with 2769 viewsQPRJennyxxx

Who remembers.... on 19:10 - Oct 7 by smegma

Good memory !! ??

8 league games and 1 league cup game.And we got spanked in most of them.
1-3 Norwich H
0-3 Everton A
1-3 Southampton A
1-2 Palace H
1-3 Arsenal H
0-3 Leeds (L.Cup) H
1-2 Citeh A
0-3 Wimbledon A
1-2 Florist. H

Don Howe would've been hung ,drawn and quartered in todays football.
He should've been back then having brought in Gus Caesar.

goals for - 6
against - 24.

wow, only we can do that.

mid table here we come.

Who remembers.... on 19:20 - Oct 7 with 2755 viewsCiderwithRsie

Remember it well, especially the "you only beat us 2-1" song. Have to admit I'd almost forgotten Gould but at the time I remember giving him a lot of the credit. The turn round was the start of our period as top London team.

But here's the key point: signing Peacock and Tilson [v underrated, Tilson, IMO] - 2 unknown and cheap but very strong CHs - was the foundation for the rest of it.

Anyone see a Peacock at the club right now or where we might get one for similar outlay, assuming we can last till the transfer window? Personally this thread has actually got me panicking for the first time....
Who remembers.... on 19:31 - Oct 7 with 2729 viewsWatfordR

Who remembers.... on 19:13 - Oct 7 by QPRJennyxxx

goals for - 6
against - 24.

wow, only we can do that.

mid table here we come.

Pretty sure that we also lost 4-0 at Southampton in the Full Members Cup during hat run too. Fcking horrid night, p*ssed down all night and we honestly literally didnt string two passes together all night. One of the only times I seriously questioned my sanity for following the team everywhere (as I did in those days).

Few months later we beat the Scousers 3-1 at Anfield, the happiest day of my life supporting Rangers. Loved stuffing those fckers, and the fact that some old Scouse granny started whacking us with her handbag telling us to fck off back to London just made it even sweeter.

Things will turn for us soon enough this season too.
Who remembers.... on 19:36 - Oct 7 with 2715 viewssmegma

Who remembers.... on 19:31 - Oct 7 by WatfordR

Pretty sure that we also lost 4-0 at Southampton in the Full Members Cup during hat run too. Fcking horrid night, p*ssed down all night and we honestly literally didnt string two passes together all night. One of the only times I seriously questioned my sanity for following the team everywhere (as I did in those days).

Few months later we beat the Scousers 3-1 at Anfield, the happiest day of my life supporting Rangers. Loved stuffing those fckers, and the fact that some old Scouse granny started whacking us with her handbag telling us to fck off back to London just made it even sweeter.

"Pretty sure that we also lost 4-0 at Southampton in the Full Members Cup during hat run too".
CORRECT.

But we also won in the league cup beating Blackburn 2-1 at home. So it was actually 8 league game losses on the spin.
Who remembers.... on 19:38 - Oct 7 with 2710 viewsClubber

Parker got injured that game and i remember Ruddock turning to us huddling himself ,taking the piss as it was so cold.

Who remembers.... on 19:42 - Oct 7 with 2698 viewsQPRJennyxxx

Who remembers.... on 19:20 - Oct 7 by CiderwithRsie

Remember it well, especially the "you only beat us 2-1" song. Have to admit I'd almost forgotten Gould but at the time I remember giving him a lot of the credit. The turn round was the start of our period as top London team.

But here's the key point: signing Peacock and Tilson [v underrated, Tilson, IMO] - 2 unknown and cheap but very strong CHs - was the foundation for the rest of it.

Anyone see a Peacock at the club right now or where we might get one for similar outlay, assuming we can last till the transfer window? Personally this thread has actually got me panicking for the first time....

Disagree on tilson, poor mans MacDonald, but when we were up there as a "selling club" it was great when we used to pluck a peacock out, things seem to have changed! Magri? hope so one day soon.

Remember watching Aldershot get stuffed by Blackpool many moons ago, torn apart by a young Trevor Sinclair, was over the moon when we signed him.

the times? the have been a changing.

Who remembers.... on 23:30 - Oct 7 with 2613 viewsCiderwithRsie

Who remembers.... on 19:42 - Oct 7 by QPRJennyxxx

Disagree on tilson, poor mans MacDonald, but when we were up there as a "selling club" it was great when we used to pluck a peacock out, things seem to have changed! Magri? hope so one day soon.

Remember watching Aldershot get stuffed by Blackpool many moons ago, torn apart by a young Trevor Sinclair, was over the moon when we signed him.

the times? the have been a changing.

Tell you what, I wouldn't mind any sort of Macca in the side now, poor man's or otherwise
Who remembers.... on 23:36 - Oct 7 with 2599 viewsN12Hoop

Was there that night in Southampton and also remember it pi55ing it down and not only did we suffer an abject performance, Paul Parker was stretched off. How many times have we lost a key player for a long period in a pointless game? Parker, Mackie, Faurlin. Are we cursed?

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024