Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chelscum reject X1 12:18 - Dec 21 with 1797 viewsrichranger

According to the press, we are after Anelka, Lampard, Kalou and Joe Cole.

Add Boswinga and we'll soon be able to select a Chelscum reject X1
Chelscum reject X1 on 12:19 - Dec 21 with 1296 viewsRANGERS4EVER

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-boss-confirms-anelka-interest

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Chelscum reject X1 on 12:20 - Dec 21 with 1287 viewsfakekerby

Anelka yes, Lampard yes (but not a hope!!), Kalou i'm 50/50 but no way Joe Cole, he's awful.
Chelscum reject X1 on 12:22 - Dec 21 with 1278 viewsNorthernr

Chelscum reject X1 on 12:20 - Dec 21 by fakekerby

Anelka yes, Lampard yes (but not a hope!!), Kalou i'm 50/50 but no way Joe Cole, he's awful.

What has Anelka done in the last two years to suggest he'd be any use to us - even ignoring the omnipresent problems with attitude.
Chelscum reject X1 on 12:25 - Dec 21 with 1270 viewshoof_hearted

Chelscum reject X1 on 12:22 - Dec 21 by Northernr

What has Anelka done in the last two years to suggest he'd be any use to us - even ignoring the omnipresent problems with attitude.

The point being that anyone who HAS done anything of note won't be interested in joining us at this stage.

Our choices are mercenaries or oddballs or championship players. A gamble on all fronts but at least the mercenaries and oddballs have the talent if they can be motivated and handled the right way.
Chelscum reject X1 on 12:26 - Dec 21 with 1264 viewsklr

I'd take Le Sulk, the rest non!

Please Harry, no midfielders FFS!
Chelscum reject X1 on 12:28 - Dec 21 with 1253 viewssimmo

December - 'I'll tell you what that Bosingwa is awful, I hope he doesnt play for us again. I mean why would we sign someone like him, he has won everything, why would he be bothered to bust a gut to help us in a relegation battle? He's only here for the money, etc'

January - Anelka?? Sign him up!!

*shakes head*

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Chelscum reject X1 on 12:30 - Dec 21 with 1246 viewsRANGERS4EVER

I probably would not take any of them if it was me.

Chelscum reject X1 on 12:31 - Dec 21 with 1242 viewsNorthernr

Chelscum reject X1 on 12:25 - Dec 21 by hoof_hearted

The point being that anyone who HAS done anything of note won't be interested in joining us at this stage.

Our choices are mercenaries or oddballs or championship players. A gamble on all fronts but at least the mercenaries and oddballs have the talent if they can be motivated and handled the right way.

"A gamble on all fronts but at least the mercenaries and oddballs have the talent if they can be motivated and handled the right way."

I'm sorry, but where exactly have you been for the last 18 months?
Login to get fewer ads

Chelscum reject X1 on 12:34 - Dec 21 with 1220 viewsexiled_dictator

Chelscum reject X1 on 12:31 - Dec 21 by Northernr

"A gamble on all fronts but at least the mercenaries and oddballs have the talent if they can be motivated and handled the right way."

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSAAPQkEXFAh097YVad4mMguDzC6Eu7knX2kVWrM

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Chelscum reject X1 on 12:35 - Dec 21 with 1219 viewsadhoc_qpr

If Anelka comes on a free transfer on a short term contract until the summer, i don't see the harm.

We need another body in upfront.
Chelscum reject X1 on 12:39 - Dec 21 with 1199 viewsNorthernr

Haha, I'm not coming back on this thread or I'll start ranting. All season long we moan about mercenaries like Jose Bosingwa and Ji Sung Park earning big money while not caring about our club, joining when well past their best for a final pay day, affecting the team spirit and morale, not being half as useful to us as the Championship players we had already and now, because it's January and Sky Sports tells us we should be excited about January, we're suddenly all in favour of signing Nicolas Anelka.

Excuse me a moment, I'm going to knock through the wall between my kitchen and living room using only my head.
Chelscum reject X1 on 12:45 - Dec 21 with 1181 viewsslranger40

Chelscum reject X1 on 12:39 - Dec 21 by Northernr

Haha, I'm not coming back on this thread or I'll start ranting. All season long we moan about mercenaries like Jose Bosingwa and Ji Sung Park earning big money while not caring about our club, joining when well past their best for a final pay day, affecting the team spirit and morale, not being half as useful to us as the Championship players we had already and now, because it's January and Sky Sports tells us we should be excited about January, we're suddenly all in favour of signing Nicolas Anelka.

Excuse me a moment, I'm going to knock through the wall between my kitchen and living room using only my head.

is this the wrong time to ask where the Wigan "Awaydays" article is?

Chelscum reject X1 on 12:51 - Dec 21 with 1165 viewsTacticalR

Except in this case we don't need hindsight. This was what happened during a confrontation between a fan and Anelka in China:

The fan, who made a 700-mile round trip from Shanghai to attend the match, shouted back at Anelka, “I took time off work and paid for flight tickets and a hotel to come to support you all, but you did what?”

A perplexed Anelka replied, “Why me? Why don’t you find a Chinese player?”

The fan shouted back, “Because you are the captain and you should be responsible for this [bowing to the fans] - if you don’t respect us, we don’t respect you.”

Anelka replied, “I don’t care.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/nicolas-anelka-argues-with-fan-after

Air hostess clique

Chelscum reject X1 on 12:54 - Dec 21 with 1157 viewssimmo

Chelscum reject X1 on 12:39 - Dec 21 by Northernr

Im not coming back or I'll start ranting....

Then begins rant

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Chelscum reject X1 on 12:55 - Dec 21 with 1151 viewsDANRANGER

No point getting Anelka if Zamora is going to return in January. We need more of an Andy Johnson type forward (a fit version). Kevin Doyle was mentioned and dismissed by some but maybe a change of club will do him good and he has shown enough in the PL to get another chance.
Chelscum reject X1 on 12:56 - Dec 21 with 1146 viewsHAYESBOY

Would rather give DJ a go than see Anelka here.

Lampard i would definately take, even though it would take some getting used to.

Kalou i wouldnt take either alomh with Joe Cole.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Chelscum reject X1 on 12:58 - Dec 21 with 1141 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Chelscum reject X1 on 12:51 - Dec 21 by TacticalR

Except in this case we don't need hindsight. This was what happened during a confrontation between a fan and Anelka in China:

The fan, who made a 700-mile round trip from Shanghai to attend the match, shouted back at Anelka, “I took time off work and paid for flight tickets and a hotel to come to support you all, but you did what?”

A perplexed Anelka replied, “Why me? Why don’t you find a Chinese player?”

The fan shouted back, “Because you are the captain and you should be responsible for this [bowing to the fans] - if you don’t respect us, we don’t respect you.”

Anelka replied, “I don’t care.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/nicolas-anelka-argues-with-fan-after

What a prick

Chelscum reject X1 on 12:59 - Dec 21 with 1138 viewsQPunkR

Chelscum reject X1 on 12:55 - Dec 21 by DANRANGER

No point getting Anelka if Zamora is going to return in January. We need more of an Andy Johnson type forward (a fit version). Kevin Doyle was mentioned and dismissed by some but maybe a change of club will do him good and he has shown enough in the PL to get another chance.

The 'Andy Johnson-type forward' is called DJ

QPR - "shit but local"

Chelscum reject X1 on 13:09 - Dec 21 with 1118 viewsQPRDave

I've got faith in Harry to get either the right signings in, or get the best from the signings he gets
Chelscum reject X1 (n/t) on 13:09 - Dec 21 with 1116 viewsQPRDave

More concerned about whether we can ship some of the dead wood out...what with some of our reported wages
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Chelscum reject X1 on 13:17 - Dec 21 with 1098 viewsSuffolkHoop

Or we could save on his no doubt enormous wages and spend a bit on signing Charlie Austin to play alongside Cisse or a soon-to-be-fit Zamora, and then get us back up should the unspeakable happen and one or both of the above leave.
Chelscum reject X1 on 13:47 - Dec 21 with 1074 viewsDANRANGER

Chelscum reject X1 on 12:59 - Dec 21 by QPunkR

The 'Andy Johnson-type forward' is called DJ

good point, forgot about him but not sure if Redknapp would go that way if TF gives him scope to sign players. Likewise I wouldn't expect a Doyle or Austin type of purchase and therefore Anelka probably fits a Redknapp type signing.

Next 3 games will go a long way towards the type of player he would want. Get 7 points and I can see him looking at players to keep us going in the right direction for this season and next. Get 1 or 2 points and I would imagine we will be looking and deals until the end of the season i.e. Anelka.
Chelscum reject X1 on 13:50 - Dec 21 with 1064 viewshoof_hearted

Chelscum reject X1 on 12:31 - Dec 21 by Northernr

Watching players who weren't motivated or handled correctly.

Where've you been, Barcelona?
Chelscum reject X1 on 14:00 - Dec 21 with 1045 viewsrsonist

Very much agree with above comments doubting what the likes of Anelka and Kalou will immediately bring that DJ won't. time is of the essence and DJ is fit and firing. Moreover - he cares.

Even Remy - who I don't doubt is probably ten times as naturally talented as DJ - would take time we don't have bedding in to a new league in a new country. He's not in form for Marseille as it is.
Chelscum reject X1 on 14:09 - Dec 21 with 1027 viewsGloucs_R

What are the other striking options we have?

Bring DJ, Hulse and Bothroyd back?

Spend £8m-10m on Austin?

Anelka will do the job short term with DJ. Wont cost anything other than wages. We dont have many options now.

Poll: Are we staying up?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024