Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
SAF's autobiography 14:18 - Oct 22 with 7687 viewsGaztastic

Sir Alex Ferguson reveals in his autobiography what hurt him the most during his managerial career at Old Trafford.

"Of all the setbacks I endured, nothing compared to losing the league to City," he says.

Take a bow QPR. So very, very proud.
SAF's autobiography on 16:37 - Oct 22 with 7516 viewsAntti_Heinola

second worst was getting hammered 4-1 by little QPR on live tv, I bet.

Actually, give him his due, Fergie loves LR - thinks it has a great atmosphere.

Bare bones.

SAF's autobiography on 16:43 - Oct 22 with 7496 viewstoboboly

SAF's autobiography on 16:37 - Oct 22 by Antti_Heinola

second worst was getting hammered 4-1 by little QPR on live tv, I bet.

Actually, give him his due, Fergie loves LR - thinks it has a great atmosphere.

It does with all those plastic Mancs in the home ends.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

SAF's autobiography on 17:06 - Oct 22 with 7429 viewsJuzzie

Man City were always in thr title hunt from early on but Utd caught up and overtook City due to Tevez going AWOL for 5 months.

Utd lost the title in the last few games by losing at Wigan then drawing at home to Everton after twice having a 2 goal lead. Just a better result from one of those games would have won them the title.

Yet Utd fans conviniently forget that and hate little ol' QPR for losing a game we were expected to lose anyway.

Good!
SAF's autobiography on 17:07 - Oct 22 with 7420 viewsJonDoeman

"The hardest part of Roy's body is his tongue," writes Ferguson. "What I noticed about him that day as I was arguing with him was that his eyes started to narrow, almost to wee black beads. It was frightening to watch. And I'm from Glasgow"

It Is What It Is !!

SAF's autobiography on 18:39 - Oct 22 with 7315 viewsN12Hoop

Been reading the excerpts and as much as I can't stand the bloke his book would probably make a good read, after all he is probably one of the all time great managers and if you look how ordinary a lot of the team are you realise just how good he was to make them champions.
Anyway, my fave bit from the excerpts is the stuff about Roy Keane. We all knew he was and is a complete c u n t, but interesting to read just how much of one he was.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

SAF's autobiography on 19:34 - Oct 22 with 7247 viewsJonDoeman

Keane on ITV1: "I remember having conversations with Ferguson about loyalty. In my opinion he doesn’t know the meaning of the word."
[Post edited 22 Oct 2013 19:35]

It Is What It Is !!

SAF's autobiography on 20:13 - Oct 22 with 7168 viewsHollowayRanger

udt deserved to lose that title for losing to wigan that time IT those 3 points for wigan ALMOST sent us down!

[Post edited 22 Oct 2013 20:15]

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

SAF's autobiography on 02:07 - Oct 23 with 6960 viewsSonofNorfolt

A friend of mine recently chauffered Fergie, and confirmed that, for whatever reason, he does seem to have a soft spot for us. He never got to the bottom of it, but spoke about us in glowing terms for nearly an hour.
Login to get fewer ads

SAF's autobiography on 07:27 - Oct 23 with 6885 viewssmegma

SAF's autobiography on 02:07 - Oct 23 by SonofNorfolt

A friend of mine recently chauffered Fergie, and confirmed that, for whatever reason, he does seem to have a soft spot for us. He never got to the bottom of it, but spoke about us in glowing terms for nearly an hour.

He's still a kunt. Took him 8 years to come out with the excuse that his team was suffering from illness the day we caned them at OT. Never said a word at the time though, funny that.
SAF's autobiography on 08:08 - Oct 23 with 6833 viewsisawqpratwcity

Does he say anything about Hughes as a manager?

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

SAF's autobiography on 09:18 - Oct 23 with 6758 viewsthame_hoops

SAF's autobiography on 08:08 - Oct 23 by isawqpratwcity

Does he say anything about Hughes as a manager?

"Mark Hughes was a fantastic wee player for me, however as a manager he proved himself to be a right c@nt for what he did at QPR"
SAF's autobiography on 09:24 - Oct 23 with 6745 viewsisawqpratwcity

SAF's autobiography on 09:18 - Oct 23 by thame_hoops

"Mark Hughes was a fantastic wee player for me, however as a manager he proved himself to be a right c@nt for what he did at QPR"

SAF's autobiography on 10:40 - Oct 23 with 6689 viewssimmo

Say what you like about Fergie, but the man knows his shit.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

SAF's autobiography on 10:47 - Oct 23 with 6678 viewsisawqpratwcity

SAF's autobiography on 10:40 - Oct 23 by simmo

Say what you like about Fergie, but the man knows his shit.

Second question (and first, about Hughes-as-manager hasn't been answered), why did he snub Ray Wilkins as he did?

SAF's autobiography on 11:32 - Oct 23 with 6646 viewsPhildo

Cant stand red nose but really cant stand Keane. However the way SAF tells it Keane pointed out to him in front of the squad that he had humped the club by getting into a dispute with Coolmore which he then lost unceremoniously. They then sold out at a tidy profit to the Glaziers loading the club with debt.

All true.
Stick that in your Stretford end.
SAF's autobiography on 12:41 - Oct 23 with 6573 viewsHantsR

I might give it a read - he might talk sense for all I know, as I can never understand what the Ka*u&t says when he's interviewed!
SAF's autobiography on 12:51 - Oct 23 with 6548 viewsbob566

roy keane is no doubt a psycho but he tells it as it is and that has to be admired. I believe he made that manutv thingy and made his colleagues watch it before it was released which never happened. Didn't it slam most of the players for underperforming.

I would have liked to have seen Clint Hill do the same last season and make our lot of underperformers sit through it too and then stand up like Keane did and say "right any questions?"

Fair play to Keane. Pure passion and 100% commitment.
SAF's autobiography on 14:34 - Oct 23 with 6444 viewsMonahoop

Many football autobiographies are dull and barely worthy of the paper they are printed on. From what I've heard on Irish radio today and it's been non stop drivel about this bloody tome, this could be no exception to the rule. It's an opportunity missed by arguably the best post war manager there has been, an accolade which might make a few wince. From what I have gathered the book is nothing but a bitch fest between the old Scot and Roy Keane and one or two others. Nothing most of us knew already, but if your're into soap operas and let's face it Man Utd are bit like one, then his might be for you.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

SAF's autobiography on 15:49 - Oct 23 with 6386 viewsAntti_Heinola

SAF's autobiography on 12:51 - Oct 23 by bob566

roy keane is no doubt a psycho but he tells it as it is and that has to be admired. I believe he made that manutv thingy and made his colleagues watch it before it was released which never happened. Didn't it slam most of the players for underperforming.

I would have liked to have seen Clint Hill do the same last season and make our lot of underperformers sit through it too and then stand up like Keane did and say "right any questions?"

Fair play to Keane. Pure passion and 100% commitment.

The problem was that Keane was under performing by then and his powers were waning too. It was as much about frustration with himself as anything else. He doesn't 'tell it like it is', he gives his opinion and assumes he's right. And judging by his pathetic forays into management, you'd think he's not right very often.

He's a dick, basically, and those players - we're talking about people like van der sar here, deserved respect. Signed his own death warrant there.

Makes me laugh when people go on about 'speaking the truth'. If we all walked around just saying what was in our heads the world would be an even worse place than it already is. Having a bit of self-control and a bit of respect for others is far more valuable.

Bare bones.

SAF's autobiography on 16:00 - Oct 23 with 6362 viewsingeminate

SAF's autobiography on 15:49 - Oct 23 by Antti_Heinola

The problem was that Keane was under performing by then and his powers were waning too. It was as much about frustration with himself as anything else. He doesn't 'tell it like it is', he gives his opinion and assumes he's right. And judging by his pathetic forays into management, you'd think he's not right very often.

He's a dick, basically, and those players - we're talking about people like van der sar here, deserved respect. Signed his own death warrant there.

Makes me laugh when people go on about 'speaking the truth'. If we all walked around just saying what was in our heads the world would be an even worse place than it already is. Having a bit of self-control and a bit of respect for others is far more valuable.

I enjoy Keane us a pundit, unpredictable and does not tone down his opinions to fit in with the prevailing mood.

I know he's got loads wrong and people can give plenty of examples, failed at management etc, but on the other hand I have found myself agreeing with him from time to time - e.g Henry's handball against Ireland - Nani's tackle.

As a pundit I'd take him over the MOTD crew and Carragher but nowhere near the likes of Neville & Souness.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

SAF's autobiography on 16:09 - Oct 23 with 6351 viewssimmo

I really like Roy Keane. His beard is terrifying and he leaves all of his fcks at home. What more do you want.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

SAF's autobiography on 16:39 - Oct 23 with 6318 viewsbob566

SAF's autobiography on 15:49 - Oct 23 by Antti_Heinola

there were underperformances but only because his body didn't have the speed any more. Nothing to do with desire.

We don't know the ins and outs of why he got stuck into his teammates. Maybe some of them were on the beer too much or not trying enough in training. He always bigs up beckham and I think that was down to the mans workrate and the amount of effort he applied in training.

Anyway I like him apart from that tackle on haaland which was very wrong.

I think he has a lot to offer as a pundit too. Management probably wasn't for Keane because he probably demanded of them what he used to put in and there's not many as dedicated as him.
SAF's autobiography on 13:18 - Oct 24 with 6134 viewsderbyhoop

SAF knew Beckham had to go when he gave him the hairdryer treatment and Goldenballs asked for a trim and some highlights.

Motorists on Sir Alex Ferguson Way in Manchester have been told to allow an extra 7 minutes to complete their journey.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

SAF's autobiography on 14:35 - Oct 24 with 6068 viewsSudbury_Hill_R

SAF's autobiography on 13:18 - Oct 24 by derbyhoop

SAF knew Beckham had to go when he gave him the hairdryer treatment and Goldenballs asked for a trim and some highlights.

Motorists on Sir Alex Ferguson Way in Manchester have been told to allow an extra 7 minutes to complete their journey.

I've been trying to finish his autobiography but every time I get to the end Howard Webb adds another 6 pages!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024