Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Taming of the Shrew - weather permitting on Tuesday! 21:47 - Jan 27 with 379 viewsdurham_exile

The news that Colchester is having a pitch inspection at 0930 hrs on Tuesday immediately throws the game against Shrewsbury into doubt.

Now when the Shrews used to play their home games at the Gay Meadow, a guy was in charge of a coracle on the adjoining River Severn in case the ball was despatched over the stand. Well tomorrow the referee is actually conducting the inspection in a coracle; such is the state of the WHCS pitch!

After no game on Saturday because of the lack of cup involvement, the Shrewsbury game would have been ideal to keep the winning run going (taking nothing for granted of course). Sadly it looks as though the game will have to be played another time.

A pity because the team is buzzing at present, confidence is high and players are coming back into contention.

Gavin Massey has resumed full time training which leaves only Drey Wright and Josh Thompson of the long term absentees. David Wright is injured but only likely to miss a couple of games.

Alie Sesay from Leicester appears to be another promising loan signing to give valuable cover for the Centre half positions. Although Tom Eastman is fit after the knock sustained at Carlisle, I think that JD would probably have rested Tom against the Shrews.

I was personally sorry to see Freddie Ladapo leave, but his chances have been extremely limited for first team football. He was also unlikely not to have equalised against the Black Cats at the weekend after coming on with 20 minutes to go for his new team Kidderminster Harriers.

Our next game is therefore likely to be at London Road against Peterbore on Saturday with the chance of another double. I note that everyone’s favourite thug (allegedly) Lee Tomlin saw the red mist again on Saturday in a bizarre 5-4 defeat at Boundary Park.

Now Tomlin has seen red three times already this season and so will automatically miss the next three games. He will then have missed 16 games out of 41 due to suspensions. What a t***.

At least Sanchez and Craig will feel safer without him on the field!!!

Anyway, if the weather abates and a drying wind takes hold then we might play tomorrow. JD will have a very nice predicament, does he play an unchanged team. I think two changes to the team that started at Brunton Park.

Buoyed by the excellent news about Sam Walker the 9ft 6ins keeper, JD is likely to line up in his 4,2,3,1 formation:

Walker

Wilson Magnus Eastman Garbutt

Eastmond Bean

Watt Vose Sears

Ibehre

Subs:

Cousins, Olufemi, Dickson, Sesay, Bonne, Gilbey, Morrison

Let us hope for the best, but realistically we may have to wait until Saturday to see the super U’s gain three more points.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

The Taming of the Shrew - weather permitting on Tuesday! on 12:35 - Jan 28 with 313 viewsdurham_exile

If, after the second pitch inspection the match does go ahead tonight then sadly Luke Garbutt will not be playing as he might be lining up for Everton against Liverpool tonight at Anfield.

A great shame, but it was always on the cards that we would lose the talented youngster and we can certainly thank him for the sparkling performances.

He is a real talent and someone who has a very bright future in the game.

Good luck to him

Don't forget that we have Ryan Dickson who is an able deputy at Left back.

Up the U's

PS: Concerning Freddie Ladapo I meant unlucky and not unlikely in my earlier post!!

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024