Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Final Tables 22:33 - May 1 with 1361 viewsmfb_cufc

Week 34 Results

HUDDERSFIELD TOWN 1 COVENTRY CITY 1

Huddersfield ensured their Championship survival with this draw. Only 2 got this spot-on, and 1 more had the outcome.

ROTHERHAM UNITED 1 BLACKBURN ROVERS 1
Lewis Wing gave Rotherham's hopes of avoiding relegation from the Championship a huge lift with a precious equaliser. Surprisingly no points for anyone from this game, with 13 predicting a win for each team.

SWANSEA CITY 2 DERBY COUNTY 1
Derby's fight to stay in the Championship will go to the final day of the season after Swansea came from behind to beat them with their only 2 shots on target. 4 got this spot-on, and a further 19 had the outcome.

FLEETWOOD TOWN 1 MILTON KEYNES DONS 1
Substitute Charlie Brown rescued a point for MK Dons, as their three-match winning run came to an end, and faint play-off hopes were finally extinguished. Just 2 had this spot-on, and 1 more got the outcome.

PLYMOUTH ARGYLE 1 SUNDERLAND 3
Sunderland get a first win in eight as they secured their League One play-off place against 10-man Plymouth. 3 got this spot-on, and another 19 had the outcome.

SHREWSBURY TOWN 2 OXFORD UNITED 3
Oxford came from behind to win and take the League One play-off race to the final day of the season. Nobody had this spot-on, but 20 did get the outcome.

BARROW 1 SOUTHEND UNITED 2
Southend have been relegated from the Football League for the first time in 101 years despite coming from behind to win. Only 2 got this spot-on, and 4 more had the outcome.

FOREST GREEN ROVERS 2 TRANMERE ROVERS 1
Second-half goals from Josh Davison and an Aaron Collins' penalty pushed 10-man Forest Green back into the League Two play-offs. 6 had this spot-on, and a further 5 got the outcome.

MANSFIELD TOWN 4 OLDHAM ATHLETIC 1
Dominant Mansfield leapfrogged free-scoring Oldham in the League Two table with their own flurry of goals. Nobody got this spot-on, though 12 did have the outcome.

NEWPORT COUNTY 1 CHELTENHAM TOWN 0
Newport need a point in their final game to seal a play-off place after edging leaders Cheltenham. 3 had this spot-on, and 3 also got the outcome. 14 predicted a win for Cheltenham with 10 going for a 1-0 in what was the weeks most predicted score.

Once again thank you everyone for your very kind comments, they are all very much appreciated. It has been a tough season at times with Covid causing a number of games to be postponed. Fortunately I have more time these days to keep on top of things. I in turn would like thank you all for your participation, as I could count the total number of missed weeks on one hand, which must be some kind of record.

We went into the final week of the season with a number of issues still to be decided, In an afternoon of fluctuation fortunes, when just like last week, there was a number of late goals, the Premier title went one way then the other. In the end it was mfb_cufc who held onto the 3 point lead he held before play, and he wins his fourth Premier title. It is the one I am most proud of as I had to get my highest ever points total to do it, and the competition is the highest it has ever been in the Premier. In congratulating unitedwhites on winning Division One, that takes me in to the weeks most outstanding performance, as it came from him. On a week that was not easy to find 3 pointers, he incredibily had four, the wins for Swansea, Southend, Forest Green and Newport, and two outcomes to make him the weeks top scorer with an absolutely brilliant 14 points. Those 3 pointers gave him 39 for the season, and enabled him to equal the record number of them for a season. Two members did well to have three 3 pointers, they were wessex_exile, who had the wins for Sunderland and Southend with the Fleetwood 1-1, and Pinault_Noir, who got the wins for Swansea, Sunderland and Forest Green. They both also had three outcomes, to give them a brilliant 12 points each. Best of the rest was Daniel, who got the Huddersfield 1-1 and the Swansea 2-1 spot-on, and four outcomes to give him an excellent 10 points.

In the Premier Five outcomes were enough for mfb_cufc to maintain his 3 point lead, and give him the title, as basher2010 could only match his 5 points, that included having the Huddersfield 1-1 spot-on, and finish a very honourable second, in his first season in the Premier. Thanks to the 96th minute goal from Tranmere, Sector4 got the Forest Green 2-1 spot-on, that enabled him grab the final Charity Shied spot at the death. Very unfortunate for sevebalo, as he lead the division for 15 weeks at different times in the season, but had to settle for fourth in the end. The excellent week for Daniel moved him up a couple of places, to finish a repectable fifth, after spending a majority of the season in the bottom half. After spending most of the first 29 weeks in the bottom three RSCOSWORTH will be satisfied with a sixth place finish. After winning the last two titles noah4x4 did go top in Week 8, but for the most part the hat-trick was always just eluding him, and he finishes seventh. After his promotion Blue4U2 was never higher than fourth, but only in the bottom three twice, so a good season of consolidation for him in eighth. After spending most the season in the top half, and even 3 weeks at the top, TheFatGooner suddenly dropped into the bottom three in Week 29, and stayed there for four weeks, before a decent Week 33 saved him from the drop. Not so lucky was thrillseeker, who had a similar profile, and in fact lead for 8 weeks at certain times, and had the misfortune to only drop into the bottom three in Week 33, and a first relegation. Has to be one of the favourites for a quick return. In the bottom three since Week 11, gerry_us and Tropical_Us were both unfortunate the division was of such a high standard, and they have the ability to make a quick return. To show the strength of the league this season, in the 2015/16 season ethicsgirl won the title with 169 points, and in the last six seasons 165 points would have got you a top half finish.

In Division One The absolutely brilliant week from unitedwhites took him through to the magic 200 points, and equal the record for a number of 3 pointers in a season, to give him the title. This is the first time he has taken the lead this season, but certainly the right time. After leading since Week 10 concordman has to settle for the other automatic spot, and just fails to have a title double for the brothers. But that will add spice to the Premier next season competing against mfb_cufc. Two spot-ons for blueeagle, the 2-1 wins for Swansea and Forest Green, consolidated his third place for the second season running, and a play-off spot for the third season in a row. Up a place into fourth is BFG, as he makes the play-offs for the second time since his relegation four seasons ago. Early season leader ghughes11 is down to season low fifth place, but he still makes the play-offs for the first time. In the final play-off spot is durham_exile, who will be looking to make it third time in the play-offs, as one the Happy League's original members, looks to get back to the Premier. Even though he did spend 6 weeks in the top six, burnsieespana was always struggling to stay there, and just fell short in seventh. Cup winner Lewis_1 did have a couple of weeks in the top six, but spent most of the season no higher than eighth, and that is were he finished. He still has more chance of honours though, in the end of season Charity Shield. After spending the first 18 weeks of the season in the top six, wessex_exile had a disappointing second half to the season, but came back with a bang this week, and his brilliant performance showed he still has it to be involved at the top again next season. Playing catch-up is always hard in the Happy League as GOSBTS found out after his slow start. He had 3 pointers to match the top six, but always had too much to do making the play-offs. In what we have found is to be their last season, TheHappyGooner spent it all the bottom half, and mrhappy will be looking for big improvement next season, when he is back as an individual. Even though he did have 5 weeks in the top six early doors, oxfcolu spent the rest of the season in the bottom half. A brilliant final week from Pinault_Noir made sure he would avoid the wooden spoon. A regular in the play-offs in the past, and seventh last season, gsy163 would be disappointed to have been in the bottom half all season, and he will expect a big improvement next season. Unfortunately the wooden spoon goes to medicine_man. He has shown with his Cup exploits he is better than that.

THE TABLES (280 out of 280 played)
(Tie-breaker: Most 3 pointers, and then the first to post)

The Charity Shield semi-finals

mfb_cufc v Lewis_1
basher2010 v Sector4

Division One Play-off semi-finals

blueeagle v Durham_exile
BFG v ghughes11

[Post edited 23 Apr 2022 21:49]

mfb

The Final Tables on 23:07 - May 1 with 1334 viewsmrhappy

Well Done Mick 👏👏👏👏

Probably the best write up I have ever read on here

Brilliant

Well deserved

You cement your legacy as king of the predictors 😇

It just gets better and better don’t it folks !

MR HAPPY SAYS BE HAPPY - LIFE IS SHORT - MAKE IT COUNT ! GOD BLESS YOU !
Poll: Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney

The Final Tables on 23:27 - May 1 with 1321 viewsmrhappy

The Final Tables on 23:07 - May 1 by mrhappy

Well Done Mick 👏👏👏👏

Probably the best write up I have ever read on here

Brilliant

Well deserved

You cement your legacy as king of the predictors 😇

It just gets better and better don’t it folks !

Well done everybody during a tough year 👏🙌👍

MR HAPPY SAYS BE HAPPY - LIFE IS SHORT - MAKE IT COUNT ! GOD BLESS YOU !
Poll: Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney

The Final Tables on 00:00 - May 2 with 1306 viewsdurham_exile

Congratulations Mick and Unitedwhites on your titles.

Once again the organisation and administration of the league was faultless.

Brilliant scoring.

Durham_exile

The Final Tables on 07:26 - May 2 with 1291 viewsblueeagle

Hopefully I'll break my play off hoodoo this year.
Thanks for organising another great seasons competitions.
The Final Tables on 07:41 - May 2 with 1289 viewsbasher2010

Congratulations Mick well played! 👏🏼
Good work during bad times!
The Final Tables on 08:12 - May 2 with 1284 viewswessex_exile

Congrats Mick and Unitedwhites - worthy champions!!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

The Final Tables on 10:13 - May 2 with 1267 viewsburnsieespana

Well done to both league winers.
Good luck all involved in the playoffs and the Charity shield.
Well done Mick for the administration of the league's which must takes hours of time but provides a lot of fun for us all.
One point think you have my final total wrong!
I already look forward to next season but hope everybody has a good safe summer.
[Post edited 2 May 2021 10:15]
The Final Tables on 12:46 - May 2 with 1251 viewsgerry_us

Rather me going down than the U's.
Watch out Div.1, here I come.

Many congratulations Mick, well deserved both on the winning and the running.
Looking forward to next season already.
Login to get fewer ads

The Final Tables on 13:10 - May 2 with 1247 viewsmfb_cufc

The Final Tables on 10:13 - May 2 by burnsieespana

Well done to both league winers.
Good luck all involved in the playoffs and the Charity shield.
Well done Mick for the administration of the league's which must takes hours of time but provides a lot of fun for us all.
One point think you have my final total wrong!
I already look forward to next season but hope everybody has a good safe summer.
[Post edited 2 May 2021 10:15]

Thank you for pointing out your total points, an outrageous typo, would have put you in the play-offs. Sorry about that. Has now been corrected.

mfb

The Final Tables on 13:35 - May 2 with 1244 viewsMoor_Pinot

The Final Tables on 13:10 - May 2 by mfb_cufc

Thank you for pointing out your total points, an outrageous typo, would have put you in the play-offs. Sorry about that. Has now been corrected.

Bravo Mick, a deserved win sans aucune doute.
Felicitations from the Vendée. May your summer be gentle.

Moor Pinot

The Final Tables on 22:49 - May 2 with 1214 viewsghughes11

Well that nearly blew up in my face!

I decided to go all out and go for the reverse of unitedwhites predictions as he/she was in the 2nd auto spot and so tactically I thought for any dropped points I would be able to capitalise.

unitedwhites gets the highest points of the week (possibly season) and I scrape the play-offs in the end with 1 measly point.

Good luck BFG and to blueeagle and Durham_exile in the other Play-off Semi Final.

Poll: What was the main reason for the Col U win versus Carlisle?

The Final Tables on 23:43 - May 2 with 1207 viewsMadeira163

Delighted that Pinot survived wooden spoon
I first met him on a blind date when he was Alderney
I spent last week in Alderney on my 75th and final tour of duty in Alderney before I retire in a couple of weeks
Emotional week and many memories but especially Pinot/Alderney in the Divers !!
Had a pint or six for you Alistar
Pint in Madeira soon ??????
The Final Tables on 17:10 - May 3 with 1170 viewsSector4

Congratulations Mick 👍👏⚽️
The Final Tables on 12:37 - May 4 with 1135 viewsthrillseeker

Congratulations Mick

Thank you for the smooth running of the league

Just shows the importance of 3pt exact score predictions - I got relegated despite having the 2nd highest correct result predictions.
The Final Tables on 12:52 - May 4 with 1130 viewsgerry_us

The Final Tables on 12:37 - May 4 by thrillseeker

Congratulations Mick

Just shows the importance of 3pt exact score predictions - I got relegated despite having the 2nd highest correct result predictions.

...and I was just 1 behind you Thrillo. Looking forward to competing again soon
(No subject) (n/t) on 13:08 - May 4 with 1128 viewsgerry_us

Congratulations Mick

The Final Tables on 16:53 - May 4 with 1119 viewsmfb_cufc

Congratulations Mick

Once again, thank you everyone for very kind comments.

It showed just how strong the Premier was this season, when two of the relegated members got a century of outcomes. I would be very surprised if anyone has managed that before, and been relegated. Very unlucky, but as you say it does show the importance of 3 pointers.

mfb

The Final Tables on 17:10 - May 4 with 1117 viewsMoor_Pinot

The Final Tables on 23:43 - May 2 by Madeira163

Delighted that Pinot survived wooden spoon
I first met him on a blind date when he was Alderney
I spent last week in Alderney on my 75th and final tour of duty in Alderney before I retire in a couple of weeks
Emotional week and many memories but especially Pinot/Alderney in the Divers !!
Had a pint or six for you Alistar
Pint in Madeira soon ??????

How kind,
If only!

The Randall's wasn't bad was it!

Moor Pinot

The Final Tables on 00:19 - Jun 3 with 950 viewsMrHappy2

Great display Lewis 👏

A force in div 1 next year

Poll: In its 20th season how has the Happy League affected your life ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024