Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Super U's to secure all three points at Boundary Park 23:18 - Aug 20 with 1013 viewsdurham_exile

Tomorrow HM takes his charges to Boundary Park Oldham for the fourth league game of the season buoyed by the 95th minute penalty from Freddie Sears which secured a valuable point against the Stags. Mansfield were without doubt the best team that we have played this season and so the vital point might well have kick started our season. Almost 370 minutes playing time had elapsed since the season had started and the goal was as valuable as it was opportune.

Until last season our recent record at Boundary Park has been an excellent one. In front of no supporters, we lost 5-2 last season and drew 3-3 at the JSCS. However, a string of fine away wins and draws had been our previous results and it is true to say that I have seen Colchester win more times at Boundary Park than I have seen us lose.

Keith Curle is in charge at the Latics, and they have lost all three league games so far including a last-minute defeat at Bradford. But they did defeat Tranmere Rovers 4-3 on penalties in the Carabao Cup.

There have been some guarded rumours about the club continuing their search for another striker, but nothing confirmed as yet. Theo Robinson might have sat with the faithful recently but there is no word on his possible return.

Richard Kone has also gone to ground somewhere between North Essex and West London.

More disturbing news concerns three defenders Tommy Smith club captain with a back injury, Ryan Clampin who has an ankle injury and Tom Eastman with a possible hamstring problem. The latter two picked up their respective injuries in the Mansfield game. I think that Brendan Wiredu may have a slight knock too.

This gives HM a headache, but he does have cover for each position. He can bring in Harry Beadle and Junior Tchamadeu or play Cameron Coxe and Miles Welch-Hayes. Charlie Daniels would slip straight into the Left Back position. He looked sharp and very fit when introduced on 58 minutes on Tuesday night.

I think that a change in team formation, assuming none of the three injured players is fit, will be in order. Either 4,4,2 or 4,3,3 would be on the cards.

Reasoning — Coxe would be better at full back whilst Welch-Hayes can play Centre Back. Daniels is a natural fit at left back and his fitness belies his 34 years.

If Skuse can maintain the three games a week, then he should play whilst Chilvers looked keen on Tuesday. Alan Judge should not be asked to take all the dead ball set plays. Daniels could also take free kicks.

I would play Hannant in a more advanced position in direct support of Jasper and Nouble. Big Frank looks low on confidence but to his credit he won the penalty and always gives 100% for the team. Jasper just needs a goal.

George

Coxe Welch-Hayes Chambers Daniels

Skuse Judge Chilvers

Hannant Jasper Nouble

Subs:

Turner Tchamadeu Sears Beadle Tovide Wiredu Kennedy

The last-minute equaliser will have seemed like a victory and will have lifted spirits in the dressing room. Once again, the second half performance merited something from the game. After the disappointment of the Northampton game, I felt so much more positive after Tuesday, and this would be a good time to travel to play the Latics.

Weather forecast is wet 100% precipitation but a mild 17 degrees Celsius. The pitch will be in good condition, and I am convinced that we will wrestle the monkey off our backs and secure the first victory of the season.

I reckon 2-1 to the Super U’s with Jasper and Daniels the goal scorers.

My journey to Oldham is one where I have two routes either A1(M), M62 and M60 which is 110 miles or M6, M61, M60 which is 117 miles. I will check the travel conditions in the morning, but I favour the M6 route.

Safe journey to the travelling faithful.

Enjoy the game.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Super U's to secure all three points at Boundary Park on 10:12 - Aug 21 with 969 viewsgerry_us

On a more sober note, a slip up today would mean the absolute bottom club in the football league climbing above us....just saying!
I do however fancy us for a win today if only by a single goal. When did we actually score more than a single goal?
Safe journey Peter. Looking forward to hopefully meeting up somewhere this season.
Super U's to secure all three points at Boundary Park on 13:26 - Aug 21 with 938 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Super U's to secure all three points at Boundary Park on 10:12 - Aug 21 by gerry_us

On a more sober note, a slip up today would mean the absolute bottom club in the football league climbing above us....just saying!
I do however fancy us for a win today if only by a single goal. When did we actually score more than a single goal?
Safe journey Peter. Looking forward to hopefully meeting up somewhere this season.

We scored than a single goal at Oldham last season...we just conceded five at the same time! Oldham nearly managed to have the best attack and worst defence in the division at the same time but Cambridge pipped them to the best attack on the last day of the season. Have we won a game by more than a single goal Bolton nearly a year ago? Actually thinking about it we beat Stevenage 3-1 but I reckon that was probably the last time.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Super U's to secure all three points at Boundary Park on 14:19 - Aug 21 with 929 viewsmfb_cufc

Team: George, Welch-Hayes, Chambers, Smith, Daniels, Wiredu, Chilvers, Judge, Nouble, Jasper, Sears.

Subs: Turner, Hannant, Kennedy, Tchamadeu, Coxe, Tovide, Beadle

mfb

Super U's to secure all three points at Boundary Park on 14:53 - Aug 21 with 920 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to secure all three points at Boundary Park on 10:12 - Aug 21 by gerry_us

Gerry
Decent journey to Boundary Park about 130 of the faithful.
Pitch looks immaculate.
Echo your views we should meet up this season.
Team is good possibly 4,3,3

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to secure all three points at Boundary Park on 15:11 - Aug 21 with 915 viewswessex_exile

1-0 to the U's, another Sears penalty :-)

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Super U's to secure all three points at Boundary Park on 15:14 - Aug 21 with 909 viewswessex_exile

Super U's to secure all three points at Boundary Park on 15:11 - Aug 21 by wessex_exile

1-0 to the U's, another Sears penalty :-)

..and Chilvers makes it 2-0 - happy days!

Up the U's

Super U's to secure all three points at Boundary Park on 15:29 - Aug 21 with 901 viewsburnsieespana

By the stats we seem to be going deep. No commentary so hope this is not true when by the looks of the early exchanges we could score a few.
Super U's to secure all three points at Boundary Park on 16:00 - Aug 21 with 887 viewswessex_exile

Super U's to secure all three points at Boundary Park on 15:29 - Aug 21 by burnsieespana

By the stats we seem to be going deep. No commentary so hope this is not true when by the looks of the early exchanges we could score a few.

Difficult to be certain just from the commentary, but we're still creating chances, so doesn't sound like it at half time. Of course, the further through the second half we stay in the lead, I suspect sitting deeper and deeper will be the order of the day. Hopefully not before we've got a couple more on the scoreboard.

Up the U's

Login to get fewer ads

Super U's to secure all three points at Boundary Park on 16:14 - Aug 21 with 878 viewsburnsieespana

Since halftime our possession increased from 42 to 46% so big improvement.
Come on you U's
Super U's to secure all three points at Boundary Park on 16:30 - Aug 21 with 866 viewswessex_exile

Now it will be backs to the wall, as Oldham get one back to make it 2-1. Strap in folks, it'll be a nervy next 17 minutes.

Up the U's

Super U's to secure all three points at Boundary Park on 16:31 - Aug 21 with 865 viewsburnsieespana

It will unless we can score another
Super U's to secure all three points at Boundary Park on 16:33 - Aug 21 with 862 viewsgerry_us

Squeaky bum time.
Are we defending deeper and deeper?
If so, poor decision.
Super U's to secure all three points at Boundary Park on 16:34 - Aug 21 with 861 viewsburnsieespana

Possession falling according to stats which usually a sign we are going deeper.
Super U's to secure all three points at Boundary Park on 16:40 - Aug 21 with 855 viewsgerry_us

Squeaky bum time.
Are we defending deeper and deeper?
If so, poor decision.
And can we have Macca Bonne back please. Two goals for Ippy today
Super U's to secure all three points at Boundary Park on 16:55 - Aug 21 with 842 viewsburnsieespana

That was a tense extra 7 minutes!
Super U's to secure all three points at Boundary Park on 16:55 - Aug 21 with 842 viewswessex_exile

Ground out the last bit of the match, but got the job done in a professional and confident manner.

2-1 to the U's, and following our first goal, now our first away win.

Up the U's!

Up the U's

Super U's to secure all three points at Boundary Park on 20:34 - Aug 21 with 783 viewsdurham_exile

Home after a leisurely drive and food stop.

Thoroughly deserved win. We have a very good record at Oldham.

Match report to follow.

Jasper outstanding plenty to talk about.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024