Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Garerth Bale and other footballers you read too much about (like Dempsey here) .. and the state of England 21.. 18:33 - Jun 11 with 334 viewsBarsidepete

Got to thinking, Bale is a fascinating case study. Read another pile of paragraphs on the Beeb/football earlier.. that the reason England underperformed in the U21s is because there is little emphasis on developing talent in the younger ranks.

Fewer youngsters than ever are given a punter's chance to play top flight where it matters. Because the rewards now empirically associated with acquiring a Champions League spot completely glazes over that mindset of long term sensibility.

I've read about our legendary striker Landon Donovan feeling quite disenchanted by the responsibility he has been given as one of the guiding lights and exports of the concept that the American game is actually not that bad.

He's wanted to get a serious shot at showing that he's like as a chipmunk with occasional butter-feet but every now and then, wow, one of those best goals of the year.

My point being.. It's only a matter of time before England becomes a training ground and great not-yet-proven players go elsewhere to play and I'm seeing a parallel where our best players mainly have sights on other leagues and now even our top-legend is wanting to leave.

ManCity and the New York Yankees about to plant a MLS (USA) in New York named, how shocking, NYCFC.. emphasis on the city.. and other foreign interests that interfere with the development of English players, wouldn't be surprised if more and more young English stars decide the US is the place.

David Beckham is going to be the face of Miami FC or whatever it will be called. ASnyone who doesn't believe that David who is worshiped by footy fans here in the states won't be able to acquire players like Monaco in the French League 1 is not paying attention.

I went on a tangent, but something about football seems misaligned.

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024