Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Festive fun with the U's Yuletide League One fixtures 14:53 - Dec 6 with 584 viewsdurham_exile

As we approach the festive Season it is worth considering Colchester United’s next eight fixtures.

Now previous Christmas and New Year periods have in my view never been particularly productive for Col U, but this year the fixture computer has been particularly generous:

14 Dec Notts County Home
21 Dec Oldham Away
Boxing Day Stevenage Home
29 Dec Crewe Home

1 Jan 14 Mk Dons Away
4 Jan Port Vale Away
11 Jan Gillingham Home
18 Jan Carlisle Away

Taken in two blocks of four there has to be (considerable) points on offer.

This becomes more important when we could be losing Sam Walker whose loan spell expires in January. He is also out of contract with Chelsea at the end of the season.

A consistent run of good results now and we might keep him until May. Anything else and he will be away, possibly to a Championship club.

With some players coming back into contention around the Christmas period, we must look to improve upon what has been a wretched start to the season.

Four straight wins would really do wonders and it is not impossible. But there can be no more Tranmere Rovers performances. The players have to perform, but equally JD must give Jabo some forward support.

The youngsters should be ok on pitches which are still pretty good, plenty of grass and not too much water logging.

The two home Christmas games must return 6 points. MK Dons and Gillingham could be our first doubles of the season!

Bring it on, let’s have some bumper holiday crowds and 24 points!!!!

Top six here we come!

Up the Yuletide U’s

Durham_exile

Festive fun with the U's Yuletide League One fixtures on 19:59 - Dec 7 with 550 viewsmfb_cufc

4 Jan Port Vale Away. This game will now have to be rearranged due to Port Vale playing in the 3rd round of the FA Cup. Something we can only dream of.

mfb

Festive fun with the U's Yuletide League One fixtures on 14:17 - Dec 8 with 529 viewswessex_exile

Festive fun with the U's Yuletide League One fixtures on 19:59 - Dec 7 by mfb_cufc

4 Jan Port Vale Away. This game will now have to be rearranged due to Port Vale playing in the 3rd round of the FA Cup. Something we can only dream of.

Shame that, I quite fancied that one as an away day...

...double shame that they put out Salisbury to get to the 3rd round.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Festive fun with the U's Yuletide League One fixtures on 07:49 - Dec 9 with 489 viewsdurham_exile

Festive fun with the U's Yuletide League One fixtures on 14:17 - Dec 8 by wessex_exile

Shame that, I quite fancied that one as an away day...

...double shame that they put out Salisbury to get to the 3rd round.

Wessex - Port Vale v Plymouth - not a bad draw for either team!

But the real choker is Aston Villa v Sheff Utd. Lucrative and an outside chance of success! Still I would imagine that we would have lost at the Abbey Stadium!

If only we could learn how to win an FA Cup match!!!!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Festive fun with the U's Yuletide League One fixtures on 21:54 - Dec 9 with 469 viewsBFG

Festive fun with the U's Yuletide League One fixtures on 07:49 - Dec 9 by durham_exile

Wessex - Port Vale v Plymouth - not a bad draw for either team!

But the real choker is Aston Villa v Sheff Utd. Lucrative and an outside chance of success! Still I would imagine that we would have lost at the Abbey Stadium!

If only we could learn how to win an FA Cup match!!!!

Up the U's

Plus would have been Lambert into the bargain
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024