Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Short story about my avatar 16:08 - Nov 6 with 336 viewsBarsidepete

That's Mimi&Francesca, a work in progress. That's a dual creation with someone. A bit stagnant as I'm looking for a person with a good eye on colour theory as I draw and write well, alas, not good on how to make my toon concepts colourful.

It's on Facebook. Francesca Turtle is based on a short story I wrote, "The Curious Case of a Seed Gone Awry," she has her own tiny page on FB .... It's when it snowed early in Iowa and I brought inside a hibiscus tree (really did that--the late October snow was a surprise, so I pulled the plant into the kitchen).

Francesca decided to make a cuppa tea with dried fallen leaves. And the person who lives --fair enough, it was me who found her and late night both look at each other, "Like what??"

With a little luck I can develop this into a Simon's Cat-Charlie Brown.

Wanted to explain the avatar.

edit from me:
One day Cesca dug herself into a rose bush by the house, acting like an ostrich. 50 percent of her was obvious. But this little box turtle acted like it was hidden. So she felt "concealed."

She had a cracked shell, I noticed--this is not fiction. Who the heck knows what had happened to her. When I brought the giant pot inside, she had crawled out having taken refuge in the big pot; and was wandering around the kitchen probably getting a bowl of Corn Flakes cereal at, I dunno, 1 a.m.?. I took care of this goofy turtle till springtime then let her out and never saw her again.

I've also adopted a shelter cat and two stray cats in my lifetime. I guess I'm a sucker for little creatures. There is a blue-ish-white cat that keeps coming to the house lately. It let me scratch its back today. It has a thing for dry French bread I leave out for birdies. I also lay out sunflower seeds.

She was big on lettuce leaves, Francesca. She was the inspiration for me moving from fiction to cartooning.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2015 5:46]

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024