Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Missing out 10:36 - May 24 with 457 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Next season would’ve been a great season to be in League One with games against big clubs like Sunderland, Sheffield Wednesday, Charlton and Portsmouth. We also miss out on games against local rivals Ipswich and Cambridge plus other clubs that aren’t too far from us like Wycombe, Wimbledon, Gillingham, Oxford and Milton Keynes. Instead we’ve got trips to Harrogate, Carlisle, Oldham and Salford to look forward to. I guess that is a lot better than some of the trips that awaited us in the National League though.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Missing out on 10:47 - May 24 with 449 viewsthrillseeker

Indeed, a depressing thought but serves us right for our poor performances this season

At least Sutton got promoted

Hope Bromley and Eastleigh make play-offs and one of the win it (highly unlikely though)
Missing out on 10:55 - May 24 with 446 viewsdurham_exile

RS you get no complaint from me.

Realistically we need to become a league One club and to then stay there, because all the Facilities at our Club are geared to League One.

And then perhaps once every ten years there is the possibility of Championship football. The stadium has the infrastructure to increase the Ground capacity to 18,000. The foundations were built to take the additional expansion.

Next season in League Two we will have Sutton United and then possibly Torquay or a.n.other.

I used to enjoy visiting the big grounds especially the two Sheffields. As a Durham Exile I of course welcome the Northern and Midland Grounds and although "enjoying" the iFollow coverage of the games this season it has just not been the same as being inside the ground.

HM offers stable management and if he is given a free rein as has been promised then who knows. We have targetted players to bring to the club and hopefully we can retain Ben Stevenson and Michael Folivi as well.

Plenty of transactions to make this summer.

Up the U's
[Post edited 24 May 2021 10:56]

Durham_exile

Missing out on 12:34 - May 24 with 418 viewsburnsieespana

Thrillseeker, Bromley and Eastleigh look an outside bet but at least Sutton got through and apart from Leyton Orient, Stevenage and Crawley not a lot of short away trips but Durham, you will have a huge choice, particularly if Hartlepool win through!
Will be glad when the first signing is made as then will have a better idea of our intentions for next year.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024