Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Happy League 2021/22 Plans for the season ahead 20:30 - Jun 8 with 514 viewsmfb_cufc

I am proposing to make a few changes to the Happy League for the 2021/22 season. You are probably thinking if it is not broken then don't fix it. I can understand that, but the two changes to present competitions are only small ones. The main change is not really a change, it is a proposal for a new competiton.

I will start with the new competition. Last season when we had a lot of postponements, mainly due to Covid, and then bad weather on top, we had a 16 game week to make up for the lost fixtures. It was suggested at the time it would be good to have a 6 game midweek one instead. I was in favour of this if the situation arose again. It was this suggestion where the idea came for this proposed new competition.

Happy Midweek League Cup 2021/22 This would be a competition for midweek games only, mainly from the League. The format would be to have one league for all members, and then after so many games the top eight would play in a knockout competition. I will need to wait until the fixtures come out on 24th June to see how many weeks have midweek fixtures. The aim is to have 100 fixtures at the league stage, 10 weeks of 10 fixtures, and then 10 fixtures for each round at the KO stage. Fixtures aim to be two or three weeks apart to give plenty of time to post. There will be a prize for the winner.

Happy League 2021/22 No change here. Premier will still have 12 members, with all other members making up Division One. Hopefully this will be back to a 38 Week season again. Whatever happens there will still be 280 games to the season.

Happy Cup 2021/22 A change here. It is proposed this competition is going back to its original format of being just a knockout one. Replays will also return for any drawn games. This is mainly being done because the proposed midweek competition will be a league format to start with, the same as the Happy Cup recently.

Super Cup 2022 It is proposed for this to replace the Charity Shield. It will still have the same qualifiers as the Charity Shield, with an additional four added. This will be for the Premier Champion, and 2nd, 3rd, 4th finishers, Division One Champion and Runner-up, Happy Cup Winner and Happy Midweek League Cup Winner. I thought it was time the Division One Champion and Runner-up was rewarded in some way, and this is it. Just like the Charity Shield this competition will take place at the end of the season at the same time as the Division One play-offs.

These are only proposals, and I would welcome any comments. If you want things to stay as they are, or don't think we need another competition, then that is fine with me.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2021 10:27]

mfb

Happy League 2021/22 Plans for the season ahead on 20:37 - Jun 8 with 506 viewsdurham_exile

Mick I fully support the proposed changes which you have articulated.

Sounds great to me.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Happy League 2021/22 Plans for the season ahead on 20:44 - Jun 8 with 503 viewswessex_exile

Great idea Mick, and a credit to your organisational skills to keep on top of it too!

Of course, I'll crash and burn in all of them, but hey, it's the taking part that counts :-)

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Happy League 2021/22 Plans for the season ahead on 20:58 - Jun 8 with 501 viewsMrHappy2

The president aka Me agrees and thinks it’s time for a shake up
So I endorse these changes and will add I did stick my 5 pence worth in during intense league talks which took about 45 seconds lol 😄👍🙌

You will be pleased to know the Gerry South African Kerry Packer style breakaway league hardly got off the ground 😂
[Post edited 8 Jun 2021 21:36]

Poll: In its 20th season how has the Happy League affected your life ?

Happy League 2021/22 Plans for the season ahead on 13:59 - Jun 9 with 446 viewsburnsieespana

My full support with whatever you decide to do Mick as don't know how you find the time to do what you do already!
Well remember the 16 game week as was the week I was doing the picks. We even had a reserve list in case other games fell by the wayside I seem to recall!
Happy League 2021/22 Plans for the season ahead on 14:07 - Jun 10 with 430 viewsgerry_us

Happy League 2021/22 Plans for the season ahead on 20:58 - Jun 8 by MrHappy2

The president aka Me agrees and thinks it’s time for a shake up
So I endorse these changes and will add I did stick my 5 pence worth in during intense league talks which took about 45 seconds lol 😄👍🙌

You will be pleased to know the Gerry South African Kerry Packer style breakaway league hardly got off the ground 😂
[Post edited 8 Jun 2021 21:36]

I really don't know how he manages to drag me in to any subject. Perhaps he really fancies me.
MFB. Great proposals and hope that it does not bring extra burden on you. Saturday evening results and summary is always keenly anticipated
Just one other matter; on a separate thread Happy has said IF I win Div.2 he would give me £100. I am sure we can sort this out some way?
Happy League 2021/22 Plans for the season ahead on 14:23 - Jun 10 with 424 viewsMrHappy2

Happy League 2021/22 Plans for the season ahead on 14:07 - Jun 10 by gerry_us

I really don't know how he manages to drag me in to any subject. Perhaps he really fancies me.
MFB. Great proposals and hope that it does not bring extra burden on you. Saturday evening results and summary is always keenly anticipated
Just one other matter; on a separate thread Happy has said IF I win Div.2 he would give me £100. I am sure we can sort this out some way?

Yes just copy MFBs scores each week as I plan to do

Happy League 2021/22 Plans for the season ahead on 14:34 - Jun 10 with 420 viewsMrHappy2

I am really up for this coming season and it will
Be taken very seriously without distraction - I haven’t said or felt that for a few seasons now I feel born again - again 🙌👍😂

Happy League 2021/22 Plans for the season ahead on 17:53 - Jun 10 with 409 viewsmfb_cufc

Happy League 2021/22 Plans for the season ahead on 14:07 - Jun 10 by gerry_us

Thank you everyone for the positive feedback so far. No extra burden for me Gerry. The midweek fixtures are planned to only be about every two or three weeks, and there will be a bit less work to do on the Happy Cup, with it going back to an all KO competition.

Gerry, all this talk about being paid £100 for winning Division One, personally I would have thought if you need to have bet, how about a side bet of say £10 with MrHappy 2 on who finishes highest in the league.

mfb

Login to get fewer ads

Happy League 2021/22 Plans for the season ahead on 17:59 - Jun 10 with 406 viewsgerry_us

Happy League 2021/22 Plans for the season ahead on 17:53 - Jun 10 by mfb_cufc

Thank you everyone for the positive feedback so far. No extra burden for me Gerry. The midweek fixtures are planned to only be about every two or three weeks, and there will be a bit less work to do on the Happy Cup, with it going back to an all KO competition.

Gerry, all this talk about being paid £100 for winning Division One, personally I would have thought if you need to have bet, how about a side bet of say £10 with MrHappy 2 on who finishes highest in the league.

Who needs to bet when Happy makes that offer.
Happy League 2021/22 Plans for the season ahead on 19:43 - Jun 10 with 395 viewsMrHappy2

Happy League 2021/22 Plans for the season ahead on 17:59 - Jun 10 by gerry_us

Who needs to bet when Happy makes that offer.

I have absolutely no
Concern with all
Humility you will get anywhere near the title ..

[Post edited 10 Jun 2021 19:43]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024