Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dale to be derailed by Hornby and co tonight 12:39 - Feb 1 with 1548 viewsdurham_exile

After the last gasp but well-deserved equaliser against Swindon Town at the weekend, the nine men of Colchester United ensured that WB, JD and DH remain unbeaten after two games. So what you might say, but the point is that there has definitely been an upturn in the U’s fortunes. And a late goal, we rarely score late winners or equalisers and that felt like a win.

Now the transfer window has been a most productive one for the U’s. In a hectic last day of the transfer window, we managed to retain the services of Brendan Wiredu and Noah Chilvers, both must be integral to our plans for survival and further climbing the table.

Apart from the signings already made and recorded in previous postings we did some very positive business on the last day with 19-year-old Centre Half Camron Gbadebo arriving on loan from Man City, Sam Hornby 26-year-old Goalkeeper from Bradford and 20-year-old winger Tyreik Wright from Aston Villa.

Frank Nouble has left on loan to Orient until the end of the season, but I suspect that he will not return to the team. Big Frank has been a loyal servant of the club, but his race is run and we wish him well.

Sam Hornby, who I saw play against the U’s at Valley Parade recently (and Noah correctly identified as the errant keeper who handled the ball outside the area when Freddie Sears was running through on goal) has been loaned to Colchester because Bradford signed former U’s target Alex Bass from Pompey in his place.

Armando Dobra could also go back to Ipswich now because he is too lightweight against the physical League Two defenders. In other news former loanee Syl Jasper has joined up with Drey Wright at Hibernian in Scotland.

Updated Squad of 30 players with their Numbers:

29 Shamal George
23 Sam Hornby
1 Dean Gerken
44 Ted Collins

2 MWH
4 Luke Chambers
5 Tommy Smith
15 Tom Dallison
18 Tom Eastman
22 Junior Tchamadeu
27 Cameron Coxe
40 Frankie Terry
17 Myles Kenlock
3 Ryan Clampin
Camron Gbadebo

6 Brendan Wiredu
7 Luke Hannant
8 Cole Skuse
21 Gene Kennedy
14 Noah Chilvers
10 Alan Judge
28 Emyr Huws
37 Chay Cooper

12 Owura Edwards
11 Freddie Sears
16 Corie Andrews
19 Armando Dobra
34 Samson Tovide
24 John Akinde
Tyreik Wright

Table selected positions:
16 Hartlepool 27 31
Stevenage 28 31
Rochdale 25 29
Walsall 27 29
Carlisle 27 27
Barrow 27 26
COL U 26 26
Oldham 26 19
24 Scunny 28 19

WB and his team now have the quality of players in place that will fire us up the league. We have games in hand over most of our opponents and three points tonight will put us on a par with Rochdale. 20 games remain and an unbeaten run is absolutely crucial to move us up the table. Apart from anything else I am sick and tired of examining the table to see our perilous bottom three position and it is about time that this was rectified.

Rochdale H
Orient A
Mansfield A
Carlisle H
Northampton A
Hartlepool H
Oldham H
Orient H
PV H
Scunny A
Bristol Rovers A
FGR H
Tranmere H
Harrogate A
Stevenage H
Exeter A
Bradford H
Newport A
Walsall H
Hartlepool A

Now WB has an interesting problem to solve that of determining the best 18 players from the 30.

Shamal George misses the next three games, Luke Chambers misses tonight’s game and Tommy Smith is still away on International duty. Ryan Clampin remains injured.

WB has selected the same starting XI for his first two games in charge:

George
Tchamadeu Chambers Dallison Kenlock
Wiredu Skuse Huws
Hannant Judge
Sears
Subs: Collins Nouble Edwards Andrews Eastman Akinde Coxe

Enforced changes will necessitate a different team and this is the predicament that WB must get right.

I would imagine that Hornby will simply keep calm and carriage on this evening. WB does seem to have settled on four at the back and Tchamadeu, Kenlock, Dallison are the three he favours with Chambers as Captain. Tonight, I would imagine he will play Tom Eastman rather than Camron Gbadebo although the latter is likely to be on the bench.

In midfield we have Wiredu, Skuse, Huws and Chilvers to choose from with Sears and Akinde up front. However, we also have promising strikers in Andrews and wingers in Wright and Edwards. These therefore are the selection issues that WB must address to determine his best XI.

I would try the following this evening:

Hornby

Tchamadeu Eastman Dallison Kenlock

Wiredu Skuse Chilvers Huws

Sears Akinde

Subs:
Collins Edwards Andrews Gbadebo Wright Hannant Coxe

Clearly when back from suspension Chambers and George would move back into the side.

Robbie Stockdale brings his charges to the JSCS in 18th place in the table. We fought out a 1-1 draw at the Crown Oil stadium earlier in the season. A bizarre own goal gifted the U’s the lead before a second half equaliser meant that we shared the spoils.
Tonight, though is a vital game and we need the three points ahead of the trip to Brisbane Road on Saturday.

Weather will be a mild 10 degrees Celsius and cloudy at the JSCS, breezy but dry.

Scoreline I’m going for 2-0 to the Super U’s. A home debut goal from Big John and a third in successive games for Emyr Huws.

A decent mid-week crowd.

I will be following on iFollow tonight.

Enjoy the game.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Dale to be derailed by Hornby and co tonight on 14:02 - Feb 1 with 806 viewsburnsieespana

As ever good to see your views.
Not sure Chilvers be available as has a quad injury which he has been managing for some weeks and WB has told him to rest so at best be a sub so be interesting to see who plays instead. Might be Saturdays starting 11 except for George and Chambers.
Dale to be derailed by Hornby and co tonight on 14:11 - Feb 1 with 805 viewsburnsieespana

Dale to be derailed by Hornby and co tonight on 14:02 - Feb 1 by burnsieespana

As ever good to see your views.
Not sure Chilvers be available as has a quad injury which he has been managing for some weeks and WB has told him to rest so at best be a sub so be interesting to see who plays instead. Might be Saturdays starting 11 except for George and Chambers.

Game on ifollow tonight so chance to have a look at some of the new signings.
Dale to be derailed by Hornby and co tonight on 14:35 - Feb 1 with 800 viewsdurham_exile

Dale to be derailed by Hornby and co tonight on 14:11 - Feb 1 by burnsieespana

Game on ifollow tonight so chance to have a look at some of the new signings.

Burnsie
If Chilvers is still unfit then Judge would play in the number 10 position I suspect.

Looking forward to the iFollow coverage.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Dale to be derailed by Hornby and co tonight on 18:43 - Feb 1 with 758 viewswessex_exile

Dale to be derailed by Hornby and co tonight on 14:35 - Feb 1 by durham_exile

Burnsie
If Chilvers is still unfit then Judge would play in the number 10 position I suspect.

Looking forward to the iFollow coverage.

Up the U's

Definitely really looking forward to this one - more so because I'd forgotten I'd already bought a match pass for the original fixture, but fortunately the iFollow system knew, and didn't let me pay again.

Come on Col U!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Dale to be derailed by Hornby and co tonight on 19:04 - Feb 1 with 743 viewspwrightsknees

Dale to be derailed by Hornby and co tonight on 18:43 - Feb 1 by wessex_exile

Definitely really looking forward to this one - more so because I'd forgotten I'd already bought a match pass for the original fixture, but fortunately the iFollow system knew, and didn't let me pay again.

Come on Col U!

Me too, Wessex. Fair play to iFollow.

Up the U's for a resounding victory tonight!
Dale to be derailed by Hornby and co tonight on 19:09 - Feb 1 with 738 viewsgerry_us

Like the lineup but just ONE up front again... but Freddie just up behind.
Let's hope it works.
Dale to be derailed by Hornby and co tonight on 19:16 - Feb 1 with 730 viewsdurham_exile

Dale to be derailed by Hornby and co tonight on 19:09 - Feb 1 by gerry_us

Like the lineup but just ONE up front again... but Freddie just up behind.
Let's hope it works.

Gerry when they played at Salford and Andrews came on he played up top and Sears the number 10 replacing Judge.

Team tonight:

Hornby

Tchamadeu Eastman Dallison Kenlock

Skuse Huws Edwards

Judge

Sears Akinde

Subs Collins Welch-Hayes Wiredu Hannant Andrews Dobra Coxe

Pity Wiredu is not starting but otherwise happy with the line up.

U's on the right track

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Dale to be derailed by Hornby and co tonight on 19:30 - Feb 1 with 718 viewsdurham_exile

Pitch looks excellent.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

Dale to be derailed by Hornby and co tonight on 20:14 - Feb 1 with 691 viewsdurham_exile

Dale to be derailed by Hornby and co tonight on 19:30 - Feb 1 by durham_exile

Pitch looks excellent.

Up the U's

Really chuffed with Hornby.

More quality in the final third needed but good possession.

Akinde and Judge with two chances

Durham_exile

Dale to be derailed by Hornby and co tonight on 20:17 - Feb 1 with 688 viewsdurham_exile

Dale to be derailed by Hornby and co tonight on 20:14 - Feb 1 by durham_exile

Really chuffed with Hornby.

More quality in the final third needed but good possession.

Akinde and Judge with two chances

Sears unlucky.

Come on

Durham_exile

Dale to be derailed by Hornby and co tonight on 20:30 - Feb 1 with 680 viewsdurham_exile

Dale to be derailed by Hornby and co tonight on 20:17 - Feb 1 by durham_exile

Sears unlucky.

Come on

Just need to step it up second half.

We can win this game.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Dale to be derailed by Hornby and co tonight on 20:34 - Feb 1 with 674 viewsburnsieespana

First time I have bought ifollow but finding it a very tough watch.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2022 20:36]
Dale to be derailed by Hornby and co tonight on 20:35 - Feb 1 with 673 viewsdurham_exile

Dale to be derailed by Hornby and co tonight on 20:30 - Feb 1 by durham_exile

Just need to step it up second half.

We can win this game.

Up the U's

Edwards lively on the left wing.

Kenlock some awkward touches.
Hornby a model professional tonight.

Akinde and Sears still working on a strike partnership.

Missing Wiredu in the centre of the park and Chilvers.

But I've seen enough to suggest we can win the game.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Dale to be derailed by Hornby and co tonight on 20:52 - Feb 1 with 652 viewsdurham_exile

Dale to be derailed by Hornby and co tonight on 20:35 - Feb 1 by durham_exile

Edwards lively on the left wing.

Kenlock some awkward touches.
Hornby a model professional tonight.

Akinde and Sears still working on a strike partnership.

Missing Wiredu in the centre of the park and Chilvers.

But I've seen enough to suggest we can win the game.

Up the U's

2,298 attendance including 150 from Rochdale

Durham_exile

Dale to be derailed by Hornby and co tonight on 20:53 - Feb 1 with 651 viewsdurham_exile

Dale to be derailed by Hornby and co tonight on 20:52 - Feb 1 by durham_exile

2,298 attendance including 150 from Rochdale

Hornby came steaming out engineered a great block and kept us from hitting the buffers.

Durham_exile

Dale to be derailed by Hornby and co tonight on 20:56 - Feb 1 with 647 viewsdurham_exile

Dale to be derailed by Hornby and co tonight on 20:53 - Feb 1 by durham_exile

Hornby came steaming out engineered a great block and kept us from hitting the buffers.

Bring Wiredu on for Judge

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Dale to be derailed by Hornby and co tonight on 20:57 - Feb 1 with 643 viewswessex_exile

Indifferent from Judge for most of the game, then what a belter!!!!

Up the U's

Dale to be derailed by Hornby and co tonight on 20:58 - Feb 1 with 645 viewsdurham_exile

Dale to be derailed by Hornby and co tonight on 20:56 - Feb 1 by durham_exile

Bring Wiredu on for Judge

Up the U's

What do I know Judge screamer

1-0

Durham_exile

Dale to be derailed by Hornby and co tonight on 21:01 - Feb 1 with 642 viewsdurham_exile

Dale to be derailed by Hornby and co tonight on 20:58 - Feb 1 by durham_exile

What do I know Judge screamer

1-0

Chances coming now

Huws almost three in three
Up the U's

Durham_exile

Dale to be derailed by Hornby and co tonight on 21:04 - Feb 1 with 640 viewsdurham_exile

Dale to be derailed by Hornby and co tonight on 21:01 - Feb 1 by durham_exile

Chances coming now

Huws almost three in three
Up the U's

Rochdale have just taken off their best player Newby

Durham_exile

Dale to be derailed by Hornby and co tonight on 21:04 - Feb 1 with 637 viewswessex_exile

Amazed Dale have subbed Newby! Their best player on the night I reckon - not that I'm complaining.

Up the U's

Dale to be derailed by Hornby and co tonight on 21:09 - Feb 1 with 636 viewsdurham_exile

Dale to be derailed by Hornby and co tonight on 21:04 - Feb 1 by durham_exile

Rochdale have just taken off their best player Newby

Dangerous free kick coming up for the U's

Skuse off for Wiredu

Durham_exile

Dale to be derailed by Hornby and co tonight on 21:13 - Feb 1 with 633 viewsdurham_exile

Dale to be derailed by Hornby and co tonight on 21:09 - Feb 1 by durham_exile

Dangerous free kick coming up for the U's

Skuse off for Wiredu

A second goal is deserved and will kill the game.

Come on

Rochdale getting ragged at the back.

Durham_exile

Dale to be derailed by Hornby and co tonight on 21:16 - Feb 1 with 629 viewsdurham_exile

Dale to be derailed by Hornby and co tonight on 21:13 - Feb 1 by durham_exile

A second goal is deserved and will kill the game.

Come on

Rochdale getting ragged at the back.

Tom Eastman hopefully not injured.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Dale to be derailed by Hornby and co tonight on 21:19 - Feb 1 with 627 viewsdurham_exile

Dale to be derailed by Hornby and co tonight on 21:16 - Feb 1 by durham_exile

Tom Eastman hopefully not injured.

Up the U's

Akinde off Andrews on

Come on

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024