Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good quote this from Sir Les 21:46 - Feb 10 with 3069 viewsbosh67

“I’ve spoken with people before who used to come and watch Queens Park Rangers play, even though they weren’t supporters, because they knew they would see a committed, good, footballing team. We had that reputation for years, but in recent times we have been seen as a bit of a glamour club.

“We need to change that and get back to what we were and what we know.”

From http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/les-ferdinand-qpr-transfers-2948612.aspx#W5BDB

That's more like it.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Good quote this from Sir Les on 21:57 - Feb 10 with 3004 viewsderbyhoop

Come off it, Bosh. You know he's only a chancer, with no qualifications, who only appoints black people who used to work for Tottenham.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Good quote this from Sir Les on 22:06 - Feb 10 with 2968 viewsdaveB

brilliant stuff, quite why he gets stick from people is beyond me, he's doing a very good job
Good quote this from Sir Les on 22:34 - Feb 10 with 2850 viewsTheBlob

Yes that's right,we were very much London clubs supporters' second team to watch when their own were away or not playing.
Especially Spurs supporters.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2016 22:35]

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Good quote this from Sir Les on 23:05 - Feb 10 with 2712 viewsTacticalR

I can no longer sit back and allow Tottenham infiltration, Tottenham indoctrination, Tottenham subversion and the international Tottenham conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Air hostess clique

Good quote this from Sir Les on 02:51 - Feb 11 with 2499 viewsBoston

Good quote this from Sir Les on 23:05 - Feb 10 by TacticalR

I can no longer sit back and allow Tottenham infiltration, Tottenham indoctrination, Tottenham subversion and the international Tottenham conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

That's what spurs you on is it?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Good quote this from Sir Les on 07:32 - Feb 11 with 2362 viewsDorse

I know it's only club spin but it's exactly what I want to see happen. If Tony wants to make money, the old model of 'mid-table Premiership but stable feeder club' will make him more than the current 'buy em high, sell em low' gambler's mentality. In the meantime, the club builds a new generation of maniacs willing to support it.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Good quote this from Sir Les on 08:23 - Feb 11 with 2285 viewspaulparker

I Like Les , I think he has done some good things as DOF there has been things l haven't agreed on like Ramseys appointment but in the main I think he is doing a good job of turning us round
I like what he says but the problem isn't Les , JFH or Lee Hoos its the buffoons in the boardroom who have been miss managing us for the last 5 years, they are the problem,
are they really going to give it 2, 3 , 4 or even 5 years for us to get a structure in place,
as realistically that's what we need , I cant see our Tone being that patient and I don't trust him not to fcuk things up, we have been a joke under him being chairman
we still haven't got the training ground sorted , we are still lumbered with deadwood overpaid dross, we haven't sold a player for any profit , our youth team is still a joke ,
I know people will say that Les & Lee Hoos are running the show now, but TF & chums still have the final say , they want Prem football, they want OOC , I just cannot see them being patient

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Good quote this from Sir Les on 08:43 - Feb 11 with 2255 viewsDiscodroids

"In recent times ", I think we've been about as glamorous as a collection of Warhammer playing old hippys eating salted pork pies in a Camera rated Pub. A plasma pool of Stale Spunk and Prog Rock.The hum of sulphurous scotch eggs and 99p past- it- sell- by- date- pint farts is almost tangible.

Ive often thought while Watching Karl Henry deposit a 3 yard pass beyond the moons of Titan, " what next?... Are we waiting for Bianca Jagger to burst through the door on her white horse ,shooting opium 8 balls from her split peach studio 54 style, or more likely , some McCain oven chips for tea ?. Oh the facking glamour Les !"
[Post edited 11 Feb 2016 8:46]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Login to get fewer ads

Good quote this from Sir Les on 08:54 - Feb 11 with 2222 viewsJonDoeman

I'm fully behind Les, and believe he has appointed a good manager .............this time.

It Is What It Is !!

Good quote this from Sir Les on 08:58 - Feb 11 with 2211 viewspaulparker

Good quote this from Sir Les on 08:43 - Feb 11 by Discodroids

"In recent times ", I think we've been about as glamorous as a collection of Warhammer playing old hippys eating salted pork pies in a Camera rated Pub. A plasma pool of Stale Spunk and Prog Rock.The hum of sulphurous scotch eggs and 99p past- it- sell- by- date- pint farts is almost tangible.

Ive often thought while Watching Karl Henry deposit a 3 yard pass beyond the moons of Titan, " what next?... Are we waiting for Bianca Jagger to burst through the door on her white horse ,shooting opium 8 balls from her split peach studio 54 style, or more likely , some McCain oven chips for tea ?. Oh the facking glamour Les !"

Quality Post Disco

I sitting in the office p1ssing myself laughing,
thank you for brightening up a fcuking dull turgid morning, bravo sir !!!

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Good quote this from Sir Les on 09:06 - Feb 11 with 2195 viewsSomersetHoops

When we have a full season without management cock-ups I might start to believe things are beginning to change. Les Ferdinand's aims are good, but he is too willing to toe the party line when the board come out with stupid statements like "Promotion is everything to me", "Austin won't leave QPR for less than 15 million" and probably other things that don't get reported.

We started this season with good achievable aims and in my opinion a manager good enough to deliver them. After intervention by the board, that was dumped in favour of three months of utter madness. Now we are back to where we started except with lost time and a manager no better than Ramsey was for the objectives we had and have now returned to.

It will take a good consistent plan and more of the recent actions and less interference by the board for a least a whole season for me to believe QPR are on the right track to again becoming the wonderful football club they could and should be, rather than the unpleasant laughing stock they have been for the last several years.

Who's Next?

Good quote this from Sir Les on 09:20 - Feb 11 with 2166 viewsjamois

Harsh but fair.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Good quote this from Sir Les on 09:42 - Feb 11 with 2111 viewssimmo

"It bothers me what’s happened here in recent years"

This. It's bothered me too and I think Les is genuine in his love for the club, having someone that actually cares in such a position of influence is a huge bonus and one we should be grateful for.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Good quote this from Sir Les on 11:02 - Feb 11 with 2007 viewsrobith

Good quote this from Sir Les on 11:06 - Feb 11 with 2001 viewsTHEBUSH

I must admit I had inner doubts about Sir Les doing a decent job for us, so it's good to see him coming good
Good quote this from Sir Les on 11:41 - Feb 11 with 1930 viewsdaveB

Good quote this from Sir Les on 08:23 - Feb 11 by paulparker

I Like Les , I think he has done some good things as DOF there has been things l haven't agreed on like Ramseys appointment but in the main I think he is doing a good job of turning us round
I like what he says but the problem isn't Les , JFH or Lee Hoos its the buffoons in the boardroom who have been miss managing us for the last 5 years, they are the problem,
are they really going to give it 2, 3 , 4 or even 5 years for us to get a structure in place,
as realistically that's what we need , I cant see our Tone being that patient and I don't trust him not to fcuk things up, we have been a joke under him being chairman
we still haven't got the training ground sorted , we are still lumbered with deadwood overpaid dross, we haven't sold a player for any profit , our youth team is still a joke ,
I know people will say that Les & Lee Hoos are running the show now, but TF & chums still have the final say , they want Prem football, they want OOC , I just cannot see them being patient

His interview in AKUTRS the other week was good, he said he helped bring Ramsey in to oversee the academy and it was a decision made by the board to make him manager but he did back it.
Good quote this from Sir Les on 12:22 - Feb 11 with 1848 viewsDoughnut

Sounds like what I've wanted to hear for ages. Back to 'Stylish Rangers..so to speak'. Hope he means it.
Good quote this from Sir Les on 12:37 - Feb 11 with 1808 viewsJonDoeman

Good quote this from Sir Les on 11:41 - Feb 11 by daveB

His interview in AKUTRS the other week was good, he said he helped bring Ramsey in to oversee the academy and it was a decision made by the board to make him manager but he did back it.

Fair enough.

It Is What It Is !!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024