Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed 13:39 - Apr 21 with 7130 viewsVetchitBack

A lot of people aimed a lot of very strong comments at those who weighed up the evidence, made rational judgements and ultimately questioned the decision...

[Post edited 21 Apr 2016 13:41]

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed on 13:46 - Apr 21 with 4558 viewsItchySphincter

Say what now?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed on 13:49 - Apr 21 with 4549 viewsblueytheblue

... and indeed some people actually know how the legal system works.

Evidence was produce which was not available at the original trial which could have affected the outcome. That's all it means.

Appeal judges viewed the evidence needs to be tested at a retrial. He could easily be found guilty again...

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed on 14:00 - Apr 21 with 4515 viewsVetchitBack

Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed on 13:46 - Apr 21 by ItchySphincter

Say what now?

Current affairs

Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed on 14:00 - Apr 21 with 4510 viewspikeypaul

It's only a retrial.

He may well live to regret this appeal.

He and his defence team took a huge gamble in this appeal and
the fact that the judge ordered a retrial and not an acquittal tells us everything.

The prosecution wil have a lot easier case next time knowing the defences arguments
in advance.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed on 14:02 - Apr 21 with 4505 viewsVetchitBack

Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed on 13:49 - Apr 21 by blueytheblue

... and indeed some people actually know how the legal system works.

Evidence was produce which was not available at the original trial which could have affected the outcome. That's all it means.

Appeal judges viewed the evidence needs to be tested at a retrial. He could easily be found guilty again...

I'm so grateful we have Cardiff supporters who double-up as condescending legal eagles on PlanetSwans.

I really am.

Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed on 14:10 - Apr 21 with 4466 viewsVetchitBack

Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed on 14:00 - Apr 21 by pikeypaul

It's only a retrial.

He may well live to regret this appeal.

He and his defence team took a huge gamble in this appeal and
the fact that the judge ordered a retrial and not an acquittal tells us everything.

The prosecution wil have a lot easier case next time knowing the defences arguments
in advance.

I doubt the prosecution's case will be able to be described as easy. But maybe people on here will be right again like they were last time.

Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed on 14:13 - Apr 21 with 4453 viewslondonlisa2001

Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed on 14:02 - Apr 21 by VetchitBack

I'm so grateful we have Cardiff supporters who double-up as condescending legal eagles on PlanetSwans.

I really am.

Not sure why it is relevant what team people support.

Your first comment though did show that you think he's been found not guilty now which isn't the case. He's innocent now by dint of the conviction being overturned, but he's currently on bail waiting for a trial for rape.

There was an article a few weeks ago - I can't remember where but think it may have been the Guardian, which said that the review judge HAD to overturn because there was no doubt that additional evidence had been found. However, it said that depending on that evidence (which we don't know) they would either overturn or overturn and order a retrial. Supposedly this would indicate whether they believed he would be found guilty again or not. Evans' team were gambling on it being overturned without a retrial.

They have already had to retract a statement today and issue another one. The first one said something like 'let them get on with their lives' and the new one says something like 'the process is undecided'.

IF he is found guilty again (which we can't comment on as we don't know) then it's likely he will go to prison again apparently.

This will, as they say, run and run.
Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed on 14:15 - Apr 21 with 4445 viewslondonlisa2001

Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed on 14:10 - Apr 21 by VetchitBack

I doubt the prosecution's case will be able to be described as easy. But maybe people on here will be right again like they were last time.

If the judge thought the evidence exonerated him they wouldn't order a retrial. They would just overturn the conviction as unsafe.
Login to get fewer ads

Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed on 14:24 - Apr 21 with 4407 viewsraynor94

First thing to do when your in a hole is stop digging!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed on 14:29 - Apr 21 with 4379 viewsVetchitBack

Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed on 14:24 - Apr 21 by raynor94

What makes you say that?

Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed on 14:30 - Apr 21 with 4375 viewsblueytheblue

Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed on 14:24 - Apr 21 by raynor94

How dare you Swansea fans come here and condescend him... ohh... nothing to see...

Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed on 14:32 - Apr 21 with 4364 viewspikeypaul

I said easier not easy.And it's easier due to the reason already given.

Please read the post before replying.

To repeat they took a massive gamble and may well lose with the judge
ordering a retrial.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2016 14:37]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧

Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed on 14:36 - Apr 21 with 4350 viewsVetchitBack

Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed on 14:13 - Apr 21 by londonlisa2001

Not sure why it is relevant what team people support.

Your first comment though did show that you think he's been found not guilty now which isn't the case. He's innocent now by dint of the conviction being overturned, but he's currently on bail waiting for a trial for rape.

There was an article a few weeks ago - I can't remember where but think it may have been the Guardian, which said that the review judge HAD to overturn because there was no doubt that additional evidence had been found. However, it said that depending on that evidence (which we don't know) they would either overturn or overturn and order a retrial. Supposedly this would indicate whether they believed he would be found guilty again or not. Evans' team were gambling on it being overturned without a retrial.

They have already had to retract a statement today and issue another one. The first one said something like 'let them get on with their lives' and the new one says something like 'the process is undecided'.

IF he is found guilty again (which we can't comment on as we don't know) then it's likely he will go to prison again apparently.

This will, as they say, run and run.

No the news article I read stated that there will be another trial.

Posters jumped to the conclusion that I didn't know this/raced to show-off their legal knowledge which may have Impressed someone I don't know.

My point was and is that if he is found not-guilty the many who threw around ridiculous insults such as "rape-apologist' should feel appropriately idiotic. Well they should anyway in fact.

Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed on 14:37 - Apr 21 with 4343 viewsblueytheblue

It's easier for the prosecution because the defence have shown all they have.

It was a massive gamble to try to get it overturned without a retrial.

Prosecution now have time to pick every little hole in that new evidence apart.

Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed on 14:39 - Apr 21 with 4327 viewsVetchitBack

Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed on 14:32 - Apr 21 by pikeypaul

I said easier not easy.And it's easier due to the reason already given.

Please read the post before replying.

To repeat they took a massive gamble and may well lose with the judge
ordering a retrial.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2016 14:37]

Although you said please I will absolutely not agree to reading posts on here before replying.

See above also.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2016 14:47]

Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed on 14:55 - Apr 21 with 4280 viewspikeypaul

Your opening post is very obviously a "see we were correct the anti Evans posters wrong" comment
nothing at all to do with CE is on bail awaiting a rape trial which is the case.

The jury listened to all the evidence available at the time and found him guilty,and the next jury may well do the same.

So can you tell me what evidence you have that you weighed up and made rational decisions about that were not available to the jury who sat and listened to the entire case and found him guilty?

Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed on 15:17 - Apr 21 with 4226 viewsjasper_T

They've got to be pretty confident of getting a good result at the retrial or why would they bother appealing?
Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed on 15:20 - Apr 21 with 4215 viewsmonmouth

Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed on 15:17 - Apr 21 by jasper_T

They've got to be pretty confident of getting a good result at the retrial or why would they bother appealing?

Because they hoped that there wouldn't be a retrial.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed on 15:20 - Apr 21 with 4215 viewspikeypaul

Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed on 15:17 - Apr 21 by jasper_T

They appealed trying to get a total acquittal not a re trial.

Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed on 15:21 - Apr 21 with 4212 viewsDewi1jack

Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed on 14:55 - Apr 21 by pikeypaul

Your opening post is very obviously a "see we were correct the anti Evans posters wrong" comment
nothing at all to do with CE is on bail awaiting a rape trial which is the case.

The jury listened to all the evidence available at the time and found him guilty,and the next jury may well do the same.

So can you tell me what evidence you have that you weighed up and made rational decisions about that were not available to the jury who sat and listened to the entire case and found him guilty?

This.
If the appeal judge actually thought there was no chance of proving the case beyond all reasonable doubt, she'd have ordered the case dismissed and no retrial.
Just seems a 'Ched Evans is innocent' poster is trying to say "I told you so."

Even using fresh evidence (of which Vetchitback has seen fukall of) Evans is not innocent.

How the **** can Vetchitback "weigh up the evidence, made rational judgements and ultimately questioned the decision..." when you saw nothing and I do mean nothing of the original trial documents?
Unless you were on the Jury.
I'm going to guess you weren't because if you were you would now be facing (or have faced) many numerous charges including Contempt.

Don't attempt to be condescending to fans of another team (although what that has to do with anything...) when you're so obviously badly informed about the legal system.
Just makes you look stupid.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed on 15:24 - Apr 21 with 4204 viewsjasper_T

And they must have been fairly confident of acquittal to bother at all.

It's not like their new evidence will be a Nandos receipt that shows he did in fact have the extra spicy before heading to the hotel.

They've either got something half decent to sway the judge/now jury or they're the thickest lot alive determined to dig the deepest hole they possibly can.
Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed on 15:35 - Apr 21 with 4172 viewsCountyJim

To Phil or any other mods

As a mod on other forums I have had this advice its up to you of course but thought I would pass it on

The appeal court judge Lady Justice Hallett said this this morning: "Nothing more about the appeal proceedings may be reported until the retrial is concluded.
“Reporting restrictions under section 4 (2) of the Contempt of Court Act apply to the appeal proceedings and will continue until the conclusion of the retrial, to avoid any prejudice to the retrial.
“The Sexual Offences (Amendment) Act 1992 also applies so that the complainant is entitled to life-long anonymity.”

We’ve received notice from the court that the restrictions apply to all published comment, including websites. I’m advised that special attention is being paid to comments on social media regarding the case.
Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed on 15:37 - Apr 21 with 4164 viewsblueytheblue

Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed on 15:24 - Apr 21 by jasper_T

It's not like their new evidence will be a Nandos receipt that shows he did in fact have the extra spicy before heading to the hotel.

They've either got something half decent to sway the judge/now jury or they're the thickest lot alive determined to dig the deepest hole they possibly can.

If you've ever read some of Kylie Evans' social media outbursts, you'd realise they're not exactly the brightest of the light bulbs. Like naming the victim...

Claims were made by the Evans side about alleged social media posts. Now, they may have provided some of those posts as "evidence". The judges in this case aren't applying rigorous evaluation of that new evidence. If they produced social media posts written in crayon, then that evidence will obviously be rejected.

At the retrial the new "evidence" will be critically evaluated and tested to see if it really stands up.

Fact is, Evans has continual protested his innocence. They'd appeal with anything because admitting it now would mean his protests were in fact lies; would kill whatever chance of a career back in football is left.

Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed on 15:38 - Apr 21 with 4160 viewsDewi1jack

Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed on 15:24 - Apr 21 by jasper_T

The solicitors/ Barristers may have advised him of the "worst case scenario" and the likelihood of a total aquittal being a small chance.
But, he's a footballer of the "don't you know who I am" type and like a lot of footballers probably thinks he's allowed to do whatever he pleases.
The legal team will go along with what he wants, provided they're paid.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed on 15:54 - Apr 21 with 4110 viewspikeypaul

Deep down the legal team will be laughing their fecking heads off at order of a retrial.

Whilst Evans is stumping up the cash they will be happy.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024