Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone up watching the cricket?! 02:13 - Mar 22 with 15683 viewsKiwi76

First day/night test in NZ and she's been quite the start.
Boult with a 5for off 8 overs and England 27/9!!
Bloody hell
Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 15:04 - Mar 28 with 2464 viewsElHoop

Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 14:25 - Mar 28 by DWQPR

Looks like Warner was the instigator of the plan, which Smith agreed to. And true to the gutless bullying nature of Warner he tried to hide away when the going got tough. The two have also lost their IPL contracts for this season, worth a £1million each and Warner has also lost a sponsorship contract with LG. Not the last of it i suspect. And back in time for the 2019 World Cup here and the Ashes series which for me will be perfect timing. If Lehmann wanted the Aussie support to make Broad cry in 2013 then that hypocritical, gutless, lying scumbag will want to return to having South African supporters berating them by the time the Barmy Army has finished. These two I suspect will never play International cricket again.

Smith and Bancroft will come back. Smith's too good to dump him forever. It's probably 'evening all' for Warner though as he's seemingly unpopular with the other players apart from everyone else.

They've brought in Renshaw, Burns and Maxwell to replace them. They're still a pretty decent side. Renshaw could be the business if he gets it together.
Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 13:53 - Mar 29 with 2368 viewsisawqpratwcity

Head Coach Darren Lehmann will step down after the fourth test. He denied knowing anything about the ball-tampering scheme, a claim that was accepted by Cricket Australia, but said that "Australian cricket needs to move forward and this is the right thing to do."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-03-29/darren-lehmann-steps-down-over-ball-tamper

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 14:21 - Mar 29 with 2330 viewstimcocking

Those press conferences are grim. I know i shouldnt be sympathetic, but i'm not sure anybody who hasn't murdered people should be put through that. The media glee and bloodlust is nauseating.
Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 14:43 - Mar 29 with 2320 viewseasthertsr

Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 14:21 - Mar 29 by timcocking

Those press conferences are grim. I know i shouldnt be sympathetic, but i'm not sure anybody who hasn't murdered people should be put through that. The media glee and bloodlust is nauseating.

These are people who ran a regime that fostered such comments as "prepare for a f***Ing broken arm" or "I hope we send him home crying" or "we hope to end a few careers" or worse of all about a guy suffering mental health issues "he looked weak and unable to cope" Karma!
Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 14:46 - Mar 29 with 2314 viewsMrSheen

So, can we assume that Hashim Amla isn’t David Warner’s best mate after all?
Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 15:47 - Mar 29 with 2258 viewsShotKneesHoop

Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 14:43 - Mar 29 by easthertsr

These are people who ran a regime that fostered such comments as "prepare for a f***Ing broken arm" or "I hope we send him home crying" or "we hope to end a few careers" or worse of all about a guy suffering mental health issues "he looked weak and unable to cope" Karma!

Bomber Harris "They sowed the wind, now they are going to reap the whirlwind"

Batting D. Warner. Bowler . A. Schadenfreude - Fast, right arm over, from the top end - first ball aimed at his box.

Lovely stuff.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 15:58 - Mar 29 with 2254 viewsMedwayR

Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 14:21 - Mar 29 by timcocking

The press conferences are optional (Warner hasn't done one) and just a PR stunt to try and limit long term damage. I found Smith particularly cringeworthy and for me he didn't come across as being sincere in his apology.

I don't believe that none of the bowlers were aware nor do I believe that Lehmann wasn't aware, the video of Lehmann on the walkie talkie was him being caught red-handed. Smith and Bancroft lied to the umpires, then to the media and probably to Cricket Australia too before coming clean and now they're all shedding crocodile tears. Lehmann has encouraged the hostile environment and Warner has been allowed to do as he pleases for far too long. It's great entertainment watching them suffer, although obviously I wouldn't wish serious harm on any of them, by that I mean this episode triggering depression or the like.

It'll be interesting to see how Australian cricket and the team bounce back from this. The Ashes in 2019 should be fun too!

Poll: Who’s better?

Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 19:36 - Mar 29 with 2188 viewsElHoop

At least Root sees it as it is:

Quotes

"It's becoming more and more difficult to win going in to other conditions, but what was so disappointing in Auckland was that it wasn't dissimilar to playing in England. As a batting group, it wasn't good enough because we've had plenty of experience in those conditions. We're trying to change the way we go about things to find the best way for us to get to 400 and take 20 wickets."
Joe Root

"Think it's a fairly even playing field. If we look back to the last game, it was nice to come out on the right side, but we know this English team was very well-balanced and talented side. They certainly showed that in the second half of the last game. Coming into tomorrow, I'm sure it will be a close game."
Kane Williamson plays down the favourites tag

I've a feeling that we might turn up tonight but fingers crossed that we do at least give them a proper test.
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 19:36 - Mar 29 with 2186 viewsEsox_Lucius

He cheats with the ball, he cheats with the bat. That Steve Smith is a cheating word that rhymes with bat meaning ladies front bottom. You all know the tune, ask Mitchell Stark if you are unsure.

The grass is always greener.

Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 20:13 - Mar 29 with 2156 viewsBlackCrowe

Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 19:36 - Mar 29 by Esox_Lucius

He cheats with the ball, he cheats with the bat. That Steve Smith is a cheating word that rhymes with bat meaning ladies front bottom. You all know the tune, ask Mitchell Stark if you are unsure.

Barmy Army's been hard at work...

Steve Smith is an Aussie
He wears a baggy cap
And when he saw some sticky tape
He said I'm having that...
He gave it Cameron Bancroft
Who rubbed it on the ball
Those cheating Aussie convicts
They'll never change at all!

Oh...Davie Warner’s Aussie
He wears the baggy green
He dribbles like a caveman
His behaviour’s obscene
He’s rather fond of Candy
She gives him such a thrill
But when he offers her de Kock
She begs for Sonny Bill!

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 20:36 - Mar 29 with 2145 viewsDWQPR

Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 15:58 - Mar 29 by MedwayR

The press conferences are optional (Warner hasn't done one) and just a PR stunt to try and limit long term damage. I found Smith particularly cringeworthy and for me he didn't come across as being sincere in his apology.

I don't believe that none of the bowlers were aware nor do I believe that Lehmann wasn't aware, the video of Lehmann on the walkie talkie was him being caught red-handed. Smith and Bancroft lied to the umpires, then to the media and probably to Cricket Australia too before coming clean and now they're all shedding crocodile tears. Lehmann has encouraged the hostile environment and Warner has been allowed to do as he pleases for far too long. It's great entertainment watching them suffer, although obviously I wouldn't wish serious harm on any of them, by that I mean this episode triggering depression or the like.

It'll be interesting to see how Australian cricket and the team bounce back from this. The Ashes in 2019 should be fun too!

Agreed, Smith’s tears are because he got caught. He thought that they could get away with cheating and employed the team rookie to do the dirty work and and then lied and lied again. Reprehensible behaviour. All he is doing is feeling sorry for himself. No real remorse at all.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 23:11 - Mar 29 with 2094 viewsHayesender

Timber

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 23:16 - Mar 29 with 2091 viewsKiwi76

Cook in shocking form.
Stoneman has played & missed a number of times already.
Going to be a tough session.
Beautiful cricket ground in Christchurch
Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 23:29 - Mar 29 with 2080 viewsMrSheen

Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 23:16 - Mar 29 by Kiwi76

Cook in shocking form.
Stoneman has played & missed a number of times already.
Going to be a tough session.
Beautiful cricket ground in Christchurch

I was just thinking, whatever the game, I’d love to be there. Which is the NZ ground with a mine next door?

PS What’s got into the Warriors?
Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 23:30 - Mar 29 with 2079 viewsflynnbo

Wishing Vince the QPR fan well (and England).Just survived a review!
Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 23:31 - Mar 29 with 2079 viewsMrSheen

Poor referral. Come on you Rs!
Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 00:10 - Mar 30 with 2065 viewsKiwi76

Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 23:29 - Mar 29 by MrSheen

I was just thinking, whatever the game, I’d love to be there. Which is the NZ ground with a mine next door?

PS What’s got into the Warriors?

'bout time we started a league thread Sheen!
Warriors looking damn professional for first time in years - additions over summer have given us some nous & game management. We have Roosters tomorrow that will be a better gauge on how well we're tracking.
Batting well now but no idea where ground is near a mine?! Test or one dayers ?
Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 00:20 - Mar 30 with 2059 viewsMrSheen

Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 00:10 - Mar 30 by Kiwi76

'bout time we started a league thread Sheen!
Warriors looking damn professional for first time in years - additions over summer have given us some nous & game management. We have Roosters tomorrow that will be a better gauge on how well we're tracking.
Batting well now but no idea where ground is near a mine?! Test or one dayers ?

Is it Napier, Dunedin? It looks like this Christchurch ground, but if you go on Google Earth, it looks like an open cast mine right next to it.

Just found it University of Otago Oval, Dunedin.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2018 0:40]
Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 00:34 - Mar 30 with 2050 viewsdistortR

over half an hour in to the game, and NZ haven't batted yet!
yaaaay!
Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 00:53 - Mar 30 with 2033 viewsisawqpratwcity

Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 00:34 - Mar 30 by distortR

over half an hour in to the game, and NZ haven't batted yet!
yaaaay!

Get back to work! That Lear jet won't clean itself.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 03:41 - Mar 30 with 2000 viewstimcocking

Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 14:43 - Mar 29 by easthertsr

Yes, it is all deserved, they've been scumbags for ages and now cheats. Loathsome bunch.

They should get the sh!t kicked out of them. I'd have no problem with that. Then let's just move on. Does anybody deserve what's being done there though? Two wrongs and all that. It just seems like letting the media abuse people in public. It can't be right. Karma, 100%. But still, it's just gruesome.
Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 08:36 - Mar 30 with 1964 viewsdanehoop

Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 03:41 - Mar 30 by timcocking

Yes, it is all deserved, they've been scumbags for ages and now cheats. Loathsome bunch.

They should get the sh!t kicked out of them. I'd have no problem with that. Then let's just move on. Does anybody deserve what's being done there though? Two wrongs and all that. It just seems like letting the media abuse people in public. It can't be right. Karma, 100%. But still, it's just gruesome.

It is the Aussie way.

Never knowingly understood

Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 09:54 - Mar 30 with 1914 viewsEsox_Lucius

Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 20:13 - Mar 29 by BlackCrowe

Barmy Army's been hard at work...

Steve Smith is an Aussie
He wears a baggy cap
And when he saw some sticky tape
He said I'm having that...
He gave it Cameron Bancroft
Who rubbed it on the ball
Those cheating Aussie convicts
They'll never change at all!

Oh...Davie Warner’s Aussie
He wears the baggy green
He dribbles like a caveman
His behaviour’s obscene
He’s rather fond of Candy
She gives him such a thrill
But when he offers her de Kock
She begs for Sonny Bill!

Brilliant, just brilliant!

The grass is always greener.

Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 12:37 - Mar 30 with 1866 viewstimcocking

Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 15:58 - Mar 29 by MedwayR

The response to this, they've all said "well they've said nobody else new about it and it hasn't been done before, so we must take their word that's the truth".

WTF?

Why should we take their word for it!? They're proven cheating liars, therefore untrustworthy. It's literally inconceivable the bowlers didn't know about it, and we all know Warner has been doing it for ages with all that tape he wears when fielding. That's why they were watching, and that's why it changed to be Bancroft because they realised Warner had been rumbled.
Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 00:30 - Mar 31 with 1815 viewsflynnbo

At last, something to get excited about!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024