Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BHS vs Here 14:04 - Jan 2 with 2364 viewsHannibal

I have joined Back Henry Street. I have had no problems there. The website itself is great. The traffic on there is low however. Lower than here I think and that’s saying something.

Now, my point...

ROTTWEILERS doesn’t want to go there just as I would never want to go to AVFTT. I think that’s a given on here. I like it here I think it’s got potential.

However, if we all jumped ship and went there would it be better? Or should we all stay here and encourage others from BHS to come here?

Vital Blackpool consists of 3 Uber fans and a couple of expats as far as I can see so that’s by the by.

I agree with seasider’s comments in respect of him promoting the site there. It’s slicker than here. I don’t know about it being a similar place to AVFTT but it is a bit more robust on there.

Then again HERE hasn’t really developed yet.

So what do you think?

Poll: Which Tory is your choice for leader?

BHS vs Here on 16:34 - Jan 2 with 512 viewsHannibal

BHS vs Here on 16:32 - Jan 2 by basilrobbiereborn

Are you just going to communicate with emoticons now?

BHS vs Here on 16:37 - Jan 2 with 505 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

BHS vs Here on 16:34 - Jan 2 by Hannibal

Are you just going to communicate with emoticons now?

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

BHS vs Here on 16:40 - Jan 2 with 499 viewsseasider81

BHS vs Here on 16:37 - Jan 2 by basilrobbiereborn

See... this needs moderating now as it's completely derailed.

My point being, nothing is perfect.
BHS vs Here on 16:40 - Jan 2 with 498 viewsHannibal

BHS vs Here on 16:37 - Jan 2 by basilrobbiereborn

Is it too boring for you on AVFTT right now? Banned anyone that doesn’t fit in so no sport?

BHS vs Here on 16:43 - Jan 2 with 494 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

BHS vs Here on 16:40 - Jan 2 by Hannibal

Is it too boring for you on AVFTT right now? Banned anyone that doesn’t fit in so no sport?

Sorry, thought I was posting as Allez.

That was a joke, by the way.

As for banning, if I could, why would I bother banning you? You're something of an irrelevance, in my scheme of things. No offence meant, of course.

BHS vs Here on 16:49 - Jan 2 with 489 viewsHannibal

BHS vs Here on 16:43 - Jan 2 by basilrobbiereborn

Sorry, thought I was posting as Allez.

That was a joke, by the way.

As for banning, if I could, why would I bother banning you? You're something of an irrelevance, in my scheme of things. No offence meant, of course.

You’re jokes aren’t funny.

They aren’t jokes they are abuse.

I’m irrelevant am I?! Irrelevant!

You need moderating. You should be banned. You’re here for one reason only - to abuse.

[Post edited 2 Jan 2019 16:50]

BHS vs Here on 16:51 - Jan 2 with 484 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

BHS vs Here on 16:49 - Jan 2 by Hannibal

You’re jokes aren’t funny.

They aren’t jokes they are abuse.

I’m irrelevant am I?! Irrelevant!

You need moderating. You should be banned. You’re here for one reason only - to abuse.

[Post edited 2 Jan 2019 16:50]

I used the word "irrelevance" advisedly. It's one you have used in the past, but I guess it was alright when you did it.

BHS vs Here on 16:53 - Jan 2 with 481 viewsHannibal

BHS vs Here on 16:51 - Jan 2 by basilrobbiereborn

I used the word "irrelevance" advisedly. It's one you have used in the past, but I guess it was alright when you did it.

Really?

Let’s stick to the here and now shall we?

I note any reports of abuse on here are unread by the moderator/s on this site! Reassuring eh?

So on that basis we could just go for it right?

Login to get fewer ads

BHS vs Here on 16:57 - Jan 2 with 473 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

BHS vs Here on 16:53 - Jan 2 by Hannibal

Really?

Let’s stick to the here and now shall we?

I note any reports of abuse on here are unread by the moderator/s on this site! Reassuring eh?

So on that basis we could just go for it right?

Look, we don't have to fight. I disagreed with something you said, that's all. It isn't the end of the world. In fact, I responded at some length to your OP question, albeit it was more directed towards s81 who is the key player for these purposes.

BHS vs Here on 17:00 - Jan 2 with 469 viewsHannibal

BHS vs Here on 16:57 - Jan 2 by basilrobbiereborn

Look, we don't have to fight. I disagreed with something you said, that's all. It isn't the end of the world. In fact, I responded at some length to your OP question, albeit it was more directed towards s81 who is the key player for these purposes.

Why would you fight with an irrelevance?

Surely it would be beneath you?

BHS vs Here on 17:03 - Jan 2 with 467 viewstodayistheday

BHS vs Here on 15:39 - Jan 2 by Hannibal

I started this thread seasider, because I genuinely want to see an alternative to AVFTT grow whether it’s here or it’s BHS. As I said before, I find the platform perfect on BHS, that’s not in question. What I would like to see though is more posting/more posters. Like here it’s pretty ‘tumbleweed’ at times and that’s a shame as both platforms are a far better place to be than AVFTT on every level. It’s the restaurant in the right place/wrong place scenario. The bad restaurant in the right place gets all the passing trade and does well. The good restaurant in the wrong place that has better food and service gets overlooked. That’s why AVFTT exists.

Avftt and fansonline are useless in running that site and told them in many posts which helped get me banned and then emailed them with concerns and got no response. I liked it over there but very inconsistant in removing offensive threads,posters like mosser & co,I could cope with all day but can understand some taking offence as some got below the belt.
BHS vs Here on 17:18 - Jan 2 with 462 viewsHannibal

BHS vs Here on 17:03 - Jan 2 by todayistheday

Avftt and fansonline are useless in running that site and told them in many posts which helped get me banned and then emailed them with concerns and got no response. I liked it over there but very inconsistant in removing offensive threads,posters like mosser & co,I could cope with all day but can understand some taking offence as some got below the belt.

I never got a single response to anything on AVFTT/FOL whatever you want to call it.

That’s because the bloke who receives the emails/report posts thinks the site is HIS and everyone who doesn’t agree with him and his mates is fair game to be banned and ignored. Cast out into the ether.

But then this site resurfaced...

And now he’s here stirring! He will deny it of course and for some inexplicable reason he STILL has enough good faith in the bank to seemingly get away with it but it’s obvious!

Plain as the nose on your face.

BHS vs Here on 17:28 - Jan 2 with 454 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

BHS vs Here on 14:35 - Jan 2 by seasider81

Again I am biased so please forgive me. My honest opinion:

Advantages for BHS:

- Dedicated BFC forum. Most clubs have dedicated forums these days and be part of a network is very old school and has limitations.
- Being dedicated leads to it's own advantages. Pool fans can have a say on what features they would like developing.
- Developer is a Professional and can fix/develop things very quickly.
- Uses all the latest web technology and security standard meaning your data is secure and new technology can be easily implemented without have to do a complete redesign with new code.
- Logins via email which helps prevents duplicate usernames.
- Transparency. Mods are highlighted in green.
- Mobile responsive design. Just on this point alone should be a pull factor.
- New features being developed as we speak which are listed in the other thread. By the time, the development has finished, it will be one of the best football forums on the internet in terms of functionality.
- Category filters. If you just want to see BFC content, you are only one click away from filtering out non-BFC stuff.
- Embedded tweets, youtube videos and can easily upload a pic from your phone. This will be great for when we all start going to the footy again. Look at our match day thread for the Rochdale and you can see the benefits.
- News section in the next couple of months. Instead of having to look for BFC news, all BFC news will be on our forum making it a potential one stop shop. The other forums could not do this as development isn't driven for Blackpool fans.
- We defeated the Oyston's in court - okay slight play on words but it shows that we protected our users right to the end. We could have easily given the details of the users but chose not to. If this doesn't prove how much we protect our users, then nothing will.
- Google Search. We were ranked number 1 in google but because we have built a new one from scratch, we are only at number 2 behind avftt. We will be number 1 again soon though and the advantage here is that it attracts away fans for their contribution. This was one of our strong points before the migration but we just need time for Google to do it's thing.
- We will be looking to work with likes of BST, BFC Bloggers, etc and develop a platform for them to use our forum.
- Active social media accounts with nearly 3k Twitter followers. This means threads can be reached to a much wider audience.

Negatives
- Sometimes the moderation can be lacking and this is something we are working hard to improve. We believe that the more users that post, the more it will self moderate and it will be easier to pick out the posts that need moderation. We are also waiting for the report post functionality to be finished and this will help users report any content they deem to be abusive. Rather than see this as a reason to not join, surely this should be a case of working together and finding a solution. Something that is easily fixed.
- Traffic. It's probably similar to here although far more people will read BHS than here. I am pretty certain of that. However, this is something easily fixed as it just needs people to register. We can provide the best football forum on the internet but we can't force people to register.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2019 14:42]

seasider81

I think the design of BHS is going in the right way, and the cross use with other social media platforms (Twitter, facebook, instagram etc...) is really the only way forward.

Problem you've got as I see it is, AVFTT is the king of the block atm. It has the history (I've still got some old fanzines in storage), name recognition and posters.

Still think you're flogging a dead horse chasing posters from other boards (even if I sort of agree with most of your points), people don't like new things or change, especially if they are over 40, mainly male and football supporters. Really good luck changing their minds.

It's the under 40's, people (who for whatever reason) don't know/post on boards atm, and kids, who I'd be targeting. Using cross social media platforms really is the only way on this. I'll admit the youth/kids/teenager fans will be a problem, mainly down to the fact we must have lost a generation thanks to you know who.

Might there be a role for BHS when we have new owners (working with but still independent from the club) in helping with building up the youth base?

As for moderation, did it on a non football site once, so I know what a sodding thankless task it is.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

BHS vs Here on 17:40 - Jan 2 with 446 viewsHannibal

BHS vs Here on 17:28 - Jan 2 by BringBackTheRedRoom

seasider81

I think the design of BHS is going in the right way, and the cross use with other social media platforms (Twitter, facebook, instagram etc...) is really the only way forward.

Problem you've got as I see it is, AVFTT is the king of the block atm. It has the history (I've still got some old fanzines in storage), name recognition and posters.

Still think you're flogging a dead horse chasing posters from other boards (even if I sort of agree with most of your points), people don't like new things or change, especially if they are over 40, mainly male and football supporters. Really good luck changing their minds.

It's the under 40's, people (who for whatever reason) don't know/post on boards atm, and kids, who I'd be targeting. Using cross social media platforms really is the only way on this. I'll admit the youth/kids/teenager fans will be a problem, mainly down to the fact we must have lost a generation thanks to you know who.

Might there be a role for BHS when we have new owners (working with but still independent from the club) in helping with building up the youth base?

As for moderation, did it on a non football site once, so I know what a sodding thankless task it is.

I’m over 40 and don’t mind change at all. If it’s clearly for the better. We’re not all thick are we?

The problem really is, in my view, there’s very few fans left that can be bothered engaging anymore. What is left is the boys club on AVFTT and the banned/malcontents/WUM, (singular) left on here and BHS/Vitals.

BHS vs Here on 17:57 - Jan 2 with 435 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

BHS vs Here on 17:40 - Jan 2 by Hannibal

I’m over 40 and don’t mind change at all. If it’s clearly for the better. We’re not all thick are we?

The problem really is, in my view, there’s very few fans left that can be bothered engaging anymore. What is left is the boys club on AVFTT and the banned/malcontents/WUM, (singular) left on here and BHS/Vitals.

Where did I say or even apply anyone was thick?

It tends to be mainly youth that drives change on social media, and in many ways are ahead of the game. Long term they are the future of the club.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

BHS vs Here on 17:59 - Jan 2 with 431 viewsHannibal

BHS vs Here on 17:57 - Jan 2 by BringBackTheRedRoom

It tends to be mainly youth that drives change on social media, and in many ways are ahead of the game. Long term they are the future of the club.

Football fans...

Sort of equals thick if one is being facetious.

Maybe that’s not what you implied. Apologies if it that’s the case.

BHS vs Here on 18:01 - Jan 2 with 428 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

BHS vs Here on 17:57 - Jan 2 by BringBackTheRedRoom

BBTRR

yep, agree with your last post (17.57). Making it "cool" to watch Blackpool again will be a challenge when the glad day comes.

BHS vs Here on 19:23 - Jan 2 with 415 viewsseasider81

BHS vs Here on 18:01 - Jan 2 by basilrobbiereborn

BBTRR

yep, agree with your last post (17.57). Making it "cool" to watch Blackpool again will be a challenge when the glad day comes.

BBTRR you make some good points and ones we fully understand. Completely agree about the brand name of avftt, that is what we are competing against; not the forum itself. In reality though, Fansonline has nothing to do with avftt, it's just an old school platform that has benefitted from the closure of rivals or whatever it was previously. It doesn't alter the fact it's a tough one to crack.

We just need to keep on improving and developing the forum. Hopefully we can make it that good, more and more users will join.

We already have a solid user base and away fans often register to contribute as per this Sunderland fan. This wouldn't happen on here due to Google rankings.

https://backhenrystreet.co.uk/discussion/35228/sunderland-fans-perspective
[Post edited 2 Jan 2019 19:27]
BHS vs Here on 20:24 - Jan 2 with 388 viewsImperial

BHS vs Here on 19:23 - Jan 2 by seasider81

BBTRR you make some good points and ones we fully understand. Completely agree about the brand name of avftt, that is what we are competing against; not the forum itself. In reality though, Fansonline has nothing to do with avftt, it's just an old school platform that has benefitted from the closure of rivals or whatever it was previously. It doesn't alter the fact it's a tough one to crack.

We just need to keep on improving and developing the forum. Hopefully we can make it that good, more and more users will join.

We already have a solid user base and away fans often register to contribute as per this Sunderland fan. This wouldn't happen on here due to Google rankings.

https://backhenrystreet.co.uk/discussion/35228/sunderland-fans-perspective
[Post edited 2 Jan 2019 19:27]

Sales pitch over?
BHS vs Here on 20:57 - Jan 2 with 372 viewsokeh_for_some

BHS vs Here on 16:32 - Jan 2 by basilrobbiereborn

I can’t really comment on BHS as I haven’t used the site, but I quite like the feel of this board and unless something makes me want to look elsewhere, I’ll stay here. I was a infrequent user of Avftt but became increasingly dismayed by the lack of tolerance and the pack mentality.
BHS vs Here on 21:03 - Jan 2 with 363 viewsseasider81

BHS vs Here on 20:24 - Jan 2 by Imperial

Sales pitch over?

Yes. I know this thread is relevant to me but conscious of the fact I'm harping on.

I've said my piece so will leave it there.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024