Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mark Hollis R.I.P 19:54 - Feb 25 with 2971 viewsqprxtc

Absolutely shocked by this.

Talk Talk were bloody superb. Colour of Spring, Spirit of Eden, Laughing Stock. What a run of albums.

He was 64.

Bloody hell, gutted.

Time to play Spirit of Eden.
Mark Hollis R.I.P on 19:56 - Feb 25 with 2961 viewsbosh67

Looks like it is true. Been going around news feeds for 30+ minutes now so looks like it is very sadly true. RIP. So sad. Loved that band and he was a brilliant songwriter.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Mark Hollis R.I.P on 20:02 - Feb 25 with 2935 viewswestberksr

Loved the simplicity of 'life's what you make it' - one of my fave tunes

RIP
Mark Hollis R.I.P on 21:04 - Feb 25 with 2775 viewsDiscodroids

R.I.P Mark Hollis.

Synth Pop Experimentation at it's greatest.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Mark Hollis R.I.P on 21:11 - Feb 25 with 2752 viewsWoog

Amazing talent, terrible loss.
So many great songs.

'Tomorrow Started' is in my top 10 of all-time greatest songs by anyone.
Gutted.

Mark Hollis R.I.P on 21:22 - Feb 25 with 2729 viewsdezzar

Brilliant musician/songwriter loved his integrity , never compromised his talent RIP Mark
Mark Hollis R.I.P on 22:09 - Feb 25 with 2634 viewsSuperhoop83

Terrible news. One of the greatest musicians and a real one off.

Suffering since 1978.

Mark Hollis R.I.P on 22:15 - Feb 25 with 2617 viewsHighWycombeHoop

Just listening to Colour of Spring. One of my all time favourite albums. Got it for my 18th birthday and still love it now I’m in my 50s . RIP to a true musical genius. Really sad news.
Mark Hollis R.I.P on 23:43 - Feb 25 with 2499 viewsDannyPaddox

Made such beautiful music. What a loss. RIP.
Login to get fewer ads

Mark Hollis R.I.P on 23:48 - Feb 25 with 2487 viewsnewgolddream

Mark Hollis R.I.P on 23:51 - Feb 25 with 2483 viewsRs_Holy

Mark Hollis R.I.P on 22:15 - Feb 25 by HighWycombeHoop

Just listening to Colour of Spring. One of my all time favourite albums. Got it for my 18th birthday and still love it now I’m in my 50s . RIP to a true musical genius. Really sad news.

The Colour of Spring is a masterpiece... a stunning testament to a time when bands were brilliantly creative and had their own distinctive sound.
I always wondered what happened to Mark Hollis as he was one of those artists who just seemed to vanish off the face of the planet. He was a one off, a gem, a voice like no other... Talk Talk and Hollis created music that inspired so many... beautiful, haunting, unique ... Thankyou Mark... rest in peace.

[Post edited 26 Feb 2019 0:01]
Mark Hollis R.I.P on 00:03 - Feb 26 with 2457 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Mark Hollis R.I.P on 22:15 - Feb 25 by HighWycombeHoop

Yes, me too mate. Top ten album for me.
He did a solo album that was sublime as well.
Very sad to hear this earlier.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2019 0:05]
Mark Hollis R.I.P on 00:17 - Feb 26 with 2434 views100percent

I had the pleasure of touring with them, Talk Talk, during the prime years in the mid 80's. They were an exception live band and I will never forget the shows they played in Italy to massive audiences when It's my Life was at the top of the charts all over europe. Mark could be described as being quite difficult, but I always found him to be civil, polite and very thoughtful. He seemed to hate the industry and stopped touring after this period.
I met him again a few years later in Nomis studios and he was just so friendly...nothing like some of the complete prima donnas I worked with over the years. I was so surprised he remembered me.
Such a great tour, so many great memories. RIP to the ordinary joe.
Mark Hollis R.I.P on 09:01 - Feb 26 with 2172 viewscolinallcars

Mention of Talk Talk reminded me of thisGarage number from the 60s.

Mark Hollis R.I.P on 09:18 - Feb 26 with 2153 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I like bands/artists like this who are uncompromising. Hollis didn't really like any PR or press stuff and I admire that.
I am not sure if it was him or another member of the band who when asked to discuss the band said 'I don't talk Talk Talk talk any more' I found that quite funny.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024