Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hate to say it 18:34 - Mar 25 with 7872 viewsloftboy

The new white Hart Lane looks quite impressive, steep stands, close to the pitch and one of the stands even looks like the old shelf.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Hate to say it on 18:43 - Mar 25 with 6094 viewsKonk

A load of my family went yesterday and were completely blown away by the place. Reckoned the acoustics are great, you're very close to the pitch wherever you are - so steep that my family can't see the two tiers below them from their seats. You can walk all round the ground when you're inside, rather than being restricted to your specific stand, so you can meet up with mates who sit elsewhere for a beer before/after.

Beavertown beers brewed onsite and if you're the sort of person who wants to eat at the football, there's loads of interesting options. As a bit of a ground nerd, I can't wait to visit it whenever I get the chance.
[Post edited 25 Mar 2019 19:17]

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Hate to say it on 19:00 - Mar 25 with 6052 viewsLongsufferingR

Looks fantastic. Is it right that the one tier stand behind the goal has the same capacity as the whole of LR?
Hate to say it on 19:09 - Mar 25 with 6027 viewscolinallcars

Hate to say it on 19:00 - Mar 25 by LongsufferingR

Looks fantastic. Is it right that the one tier stand behind the goal has the same capacity as the whole of LR?

Yes, 17,500.
Hate to say it on 20:29 - Mar 25 with 5861 viewsTacticalR

Gandalf: 'His fortress at Barad-dûr is rebuilt in the land of Mordor.'

Boromir: 'Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume.'

Air hostess clique

Hate to say it on 21:34 - Mar 25 with 5726 viewssmegma

Hate to say it on 18:43 - Mar 25 by Konk

A load of my family went yesterday and were completely blown away by the place. Reckoned the acoustics are great, you're very close to the pitch wherever you are - so steep that my family can't see the two tiers below them from their seats. You can walk all round the ground when you're inside, rather than being restricted to your specific stand, so you can meet up with mates who sit elsewhere for a beer before/after.

Beavertown beers brewed onsite and if you're the sort of person who wants to eat at the football, there's loads of interesting options. As a bit of a ground nerd, I can't wait to visit it whenever I get the chance.

£4 a pint as well although the food/snacks are ridiculously priced.
Hate to say it on 22:19 - Mar 25 with 5640 viewscolinallcars

Apparently the only stadium in the world that doesn't accept cash for anything.
Hate to say it on 22:36 - Mar 25 with 5600 viewsnewgolddream

Hate to say it on 19:09 - Mar 25 by colinallcars

Yes, 17,500.

We really have to get out of Loftus Road. 30,000 capacity with plenty of leg room please.
Spur's new ground looks fantastic.
Hate to say it on 23:08 - Mar 25 with 5547 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Hate to say it on 18:43 - Mar 25 by Konk

I read an interview with Levy saying they modelled it after NFL Stadiums in America .In almost ever stadium and arena over there you can walk around the complete concourse and eat drink and socialize all day.Plus it takes away the crush at specific gates when you can wander around at your leisure .Of course those places have a massive footprint and carparks which helps .
Login to get fewer ads

Hate to say it on 01:46 - Mar 26 with 5436 viewstimcocking

What i particularly liked - unless it was a misprint, as i initially assumed, couldn't help but notice the fella who scored the first goal was called J'Neil. I'm still waiting for D'Keith, but i'm confident it's only a question of time.
Hate to say it on 04:09 - Mar 26 with 5395 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Hate to say it on 22:19 - Mar 25 by colinallcars

Can’t see Rednapp replacing Poch then!!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Hate to say it on 05:42 - Mar 26 with 5378 viewssmegma

Hate to say it on 22:19 - Mar 25 by colinallcars

Amsterdam Arena (Ajax) has never accepted cash.
Hate to say it on 06:21 - Mar 26 with 5355 viewsDixie_CT

Hate to say it on 01:46 - Mar 26 by timcocking

What i particularly liked - unless it was a misprint, as i initially assumed, couldn't help but notice the fella who scored the first goal was called J'Neil. I'm still waiting for D'Keith, but i'm confident it's only a question of time.

Deffo not a misprint as my mate used to coach him for QPR Under 11s.
Hate to say it on 08:03 - Mar 26 with 5300 viewsRs_Holy

If we ever get a new stadium I wouldnt mind simply using the design of the top 2 tiers from Spurs new stadium... the trick with every seat being close to the pitch is the have the Lowest tier quite a bit smaller that the upper ones!... sorry if that sounds a bit obvious?
Hate to say it on 13:40 - Mar 26 with 5126 viewsJuzzie

Looks very impressive. For £1b it needs to be! I like the way the capacity just happens to be 2k more than Arsenal's. Coincidence?!

With regards to fans being able to walk all around inside, how does that work with away fans? Might get tasty when the likes of Chelsea, West Ham and Millwall (in the cup of course) come and visit.
Hate to say it on 13:47 - Mar 26 with 5091 viewsToast_R

Hate to say it on 05:42 - Mar 26 by smegma

Amsterdam Arena (Ajax) has never accepted cash.

Call me old fashioned but I'm a strictly readies man. Had that ball ache at Augsburg in pre-season having to top up a bloody Oyster card thing to buy anything. Inevitably you end up with some money on it that you'll never spend again.
Hate to say it on 13:51 - Mar 26 with 5078 viewsBoston

Hate to say it on 13:40 - Mar 26 by Juzzie

Looks very impressive. For £1b it needs to be! I like the way the capacity just happens to be 2k more than Arsenal's. Coincidence?!

With regards to fans being able to walk all around inside, how does that work with away fans? Might get tasty when the likes of Chelsea, West Ham and Millwall (in the cup of course) come and visit.

Welders are one of the trades running late.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Hate to say it on 13:53 - Mar 26 with 5072 viewsMick_S

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&v

What would this do for a Carlsberg?
[Post edited 26 Mar 2019 13:54]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Hate to say it on 13:53 - Mar 26 with 5069 viewsJuzzie

We moved into a brand new building (holds approx 1600 staff) last year and it's one of the most state of the art in Europe. The catering/cafe area is cashless. Quite handy really. Quick bleep of the card and you're off. No waiting for people in front to fumble around for cash then get change etc.

Nice building but a fking ballache for me to get to each day as it's twice the mileage and time from home than where we were before.

Hey-ho.
Hate to say it on 13:59 - Mar 26 with 5037 viewsBoston

Hate to say it on 13:53 - Mar 26 by Juzzie

We moved into a brand new building (holds approx 1600 staff) last year and it's one of the most state of the art in Europe. The catering/cafe area is cashless. Quite handy really. Quick bleep of the card and you're off. No waiting for people in front to fumble around for cash then get change etc.

Nice building but a fking ballache for me to get to each day as it's twice the mileage and time from home than where we were before.

Hey-ho.

It’s in your / humanities interests to fight against a cashless society.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Hate to say it on 14:34 - Mar 26 with 4972 viewsDavieQPR

The insides are really impressive. But am I the only one with qualms about the outside? The open window effect, that is fixed, looks a bit untidy and spoils the flow. Also the Ticket Office being brick then wood are different materials to the main stadium. Rest is pretty impressive though.
Hate to say it on 14:57 - Mar 26 with 4935 viewsJuzzie

Hate to say it on 13:59 - Mar 26 by Boston

It’s in your / humanities interests to fight against a cashless society.

Is that so people can avoid the taxman?!

To be honest, I hardly use cash. Having grown up around Portobello Road/Ladbroke Grove in the 70's and 80's and having gone out numerous times on weekends to places like Camden Town, I learned to carry as little on me as possible.
Thankfully I've never been mugged or pick-pocketed but I know many who have.

Now I don't have to worry. Not that I go out much these days but when I do, I just take my card that I have a nominal amount in that account.
Hate to say it on 15:21 - Mar 26 with 4880 viewsNW5Hoop

Hate to say it on 13:40 - Mar 26 by Juzzie

Except the away section. That's sealed off.
Hate to say it on 15:51 - Mar 26 with 4832 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Sweden will be cashless from 2023

https://interestingengineering.com/sweden-how-to-live-in-the-worlds-first-cashle
Hate to say it on 15:58 - Mar 26 with 4821 viewssmegma

Hate to say it on 13:47 - Mar 26 by Toast_R

Call me old fashioned but I'm a strictly readies man. Had that ball ache at Augsburg in pre-season having to top up a bloody Oyster card thing to buy anything. Inevitably you end up with some money on it that you'll never spend again.

Which is a con. Imagine the amount of football tourists that visit Amsterdam every season. I don't think you can get your money that's remaining refunded either. I still have the card I got when I saw Ajax in February 2002. I also saw England a few days later which helped I guess but it's wrong on every level and Spurs new place has 9 levels !!!
Hate to say it on 16:01 - Mar 26 with 4812 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I use cash 85% of the time. They gave me a a touch card but I think I de-magnetized it by accident.

I like hailing the barmaid with stylish restrained waggling of a £20.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024