Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hugill remains focussed on all things QPR 18:52 - Mar 2 with 5436 viewsbosh67

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/qprs-hugill-opens-up-on-plans-for-next-season/

Nice to see the lad only really interested in doing his best here. Short but refreshing read really. He's got the right attitude.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Hugill remains focussed on all things QPR on 10:52 - Mar 4 with 1213 viewsPinnerPaul

Hugill remains focussed on all things QPR on 09:22 - Mar 3 by smegma

What did you expect from such a poor website???

Indeed

Headline - Hugill opens up on plans for next season

1st line - Hugill isn't thinking about next season

Hugill remains focussed on all things QPR on 10:54 - Mar 4 with 1213 viewsW7Ranger

Hugill remains focussed on all things QPR on 10:49 - Mar 4 by Antti_Heinola

yeah, and really it's irrelevant in the case of this discussion what he's on - the FACT is he will not be on less than £20k as a Prem player, and is unlikely to be on more than £40k. The numbers are irrelevant, because the point is about how, if Hugill were to leave, how he gets paid what he is 'owed' by West Ham, whether that's £2m, £1m or £4m.
I'm not saying we *should* buy him by the way, all I'm saying is that his next contract will certainly be less than his current one - we won't be able to give him the best offer, I think that's obvious, and that means we probably won't get him, but players don't always go for the best financial offer.
I was speaking to an ex-pro the other night who had a good offer to join a club once, but he had heard so much stuff about what a nightmare the manager was (a former QPR player actually) that he went elsewhere, even though the deal wasn't as good.

Who was it?????

Martin Allen
John Gregory
Gareth Ainsworth
Ian Dowie
Trevor Francis
Gerry Francis
Ian Holloway
Andy Sinton
Glenn Roeder
Ray Wilkins
Ian Barraclough
Gary Waddock

One of those??
[Post edited 4 Mar 2020 10:55]
Hugill remains focussed on all things QPR on 12:06 - Mar 4 with 1156 viewsAntti_Heinola

Hugill remains focussed on all things QPR on 10:54 - Mar 4 by W7Ranger

Who was it?????

Martin Allen
John Gregory
Gareth Ainsworth
Ian Dowie
Trevor Francis
Gerry Francis
Ian Holloway
Andy Sinton
Glenn Roeder
Ray Wilkins
Ian Barraclough
Gary Waddock

One of those??
[Post edited 4 Mar 2020 10:55]

Nope.
The club wasn't QPR. It was an ex-QPR player managing a different club.

Bare bones.

Hugill remains focussed on all things QPR on 12:22 - Mar 4 with 1133 viewsW7Ranger

Hugill remains focussed on all things QPR on 12:06 - Mar 4 by Antti_Heinola

Nope.
The club wasn't QPR. It was an ex-QPR player managing a different club.

Yeah I know.

I've listed a load of ex QPR players that have managed other clubs.
Hugill remains focussed on all things QPR on 13:42 - Mar 4 with 1069 viewsrsonist

Hugill remains focussed on all things QPR on 10:49 - Mar 4 by Antti_Heinola

yeah, and really it's irrelevant in the case of this discussion what he's on - the FACT is he will not be on less than £20k as a Prem player, and is unlikely to be on more than £40k. The numbers are irrelevant, because the point is about how, if Hugill were to leave, how he gets paid what he is 'owed' by West Ham, whether that's £2m, £1m or £4m.
I'm not saying we *should* buy him by the way, all I'm saying is that his next contract will certainly be less than his current one - we won't be able to give him the best offer, I think that's obvious, and that means we probably won't get him, but players don't always go for the best financial offer.
I was speaking to an ex-pro the other night who had a good offer to join a club once, but he had heard so much stuff about what a nightmare the manager was (a former QPR player actually) that he went elsewhere, even though the deal wasn't as good.

I reckon we're in a reasonably decent position if we do want to pursue him. Unless he gets on a real hot streak of scoring now I don't think he'll have appeal in races where we'll be completely blown out of the water, especially with belt tightening across the division hopefully on the horizon.

I'd expect another season loan though.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2020 13:43]
Hugill remains focussed on all things QPR on 14:41 - Mar 4 with 1020 viewsPinnerPaul

Hugill remains focussed on all things QPR on 01:12 - Mar 3 by Loftgirl

Who are the "U's"? "Loftus Road outfit"? Two bob journalists.

You have to admit, it takes some skill to misspell 'Rs'
Hugill remains focussed on all things QPR on 14:44 - Mar 4 with 1014 viewsPinnerPaul

Hugill remains focussed on all things QPR on 14:34 - Mar 3 by gazza1

Hugill may well go back to West Ham and get a move to a championship team next season - my view he is a long way from Premiership standard.

He has got a proper decent attitude, works for his team and an asset. I really cant make my mind up if I would sign him long term, I got a lot of time for him but not sure if I I want him as our No1 striker. (that goal that he scored, which was offside, on Saturday was really poor from Higill - he should never of got himself in an offside position in a million years!!!)

That's the reason he's with us and not West Ham.

Even Hogan should have scored 4 and not 2 on Saturday - hence Birmingham and not Aston Villa!
Hugill remains focussed on all things QPR on 14:48 - Mar 4 with 1012 viewsPinnerPaul

Hugill remains focussed on all things QPR on 16:52 - Mar 3 by BazzaInTheLoft

Always surprised of the criticism of Hugill to be honest. He'll return 15+ goals for us this season and I wouldn't be surprised to see him get 20 which he will do if he sticks to his 2020 scoring rate. Yeah I know he's being fed by probably the most creative midfield in the division but if it works it works.

When did we get so fussy?
[Post edited 3 Mar 2020 17:49]

and how we mock other fans (PNE and Ipswich today) for being negative.

Blimey - I watched the Birmingham re run yesterday and his goal is fantastic - 15 passes leading up to it - yet we have threads bemoaning our defence and nit picking over JH's abilities and wages - the latter of which is complete guesswork of course!
Login to get fewer ads

Hugill remains focussed on all things QPR on 14:50 - Mar 4 with 1006 viewsMick_S

Hugill remains focussed on all things QPR on 14:48 - Mar 4 by PinnerPaul

and how we mock other fans (PNE and Ipswich today) for being negative.

Blimey - I watched the Birmingham re run yesterday and his goal is fantastic - 15 passes leading up to it - yet we have threads bemoaning our defence and nit picking over JH's abilities and wages - the latter of which is complete guesswork of course!

The disallowed goal was a corker as well.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Hugill remains focussed on all things QPR on 16:03 - Mar 4 with 971 viewsAntti_Heinola

Hugill remains focussed on all things QPR on 14:50 - Mar 4 by Mick_S

The disallowed goal was a corker as well.

has anyone watched the full match to count the passes before that one? It must have been 25 minimum.

Bare bones.

Hugill remains focussed on all things QPR on 16:12 - Mar 4 with 966 viewsPinnerPaul

Hugill remains focussed on all things QPR on 16:03 - Mar 4 by Antti_Heinola

has anyone watched the full match to count the passes before that one? It must have been 25 minimum.

I have watched the full match but didn't count the passes, was too interested looking to see if it really WAS offside!

I'm going to count them now - retirement eh? - bloody hell!
Hugill remains focussed on all things QPR on 16:19 - Mar 4 with 958 viewsPinnerPaul

Hugill remains focussed on all things QPR on 16:12 - Mar 4 by PinnerPaul

I have watched the full match but didn't count the passes, was too interested looking to see if it really WAS offside!

I'm going to count them now - retirement eh? - bloody hell!

Only 5 I'm afraid!

There WERE 23 passes in the move that led to the throw just before that.
Hugill remains focussed on all things QPR on 22:35 - Mar 4 with 870 viewsLazyFan

Hugill remains focussed on all things QPR on 17:33 - Mar 3 by rsonist

Ask these types to suggest a few realistic alternatives the club should go for instead and the silence is deafening though.

What about Lawrence Shankland?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawrence_Shankland

Worth a punt?
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzz

Hugill remains focussed on all things QPR on 09:21 - Mar 5 with 799 viewsSir_Chops

Hugill remains focussed on all things QPR on 22:35 - Mar 4 by LazyFan

What about Lawrence Shankland?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawrence_Shankland

Worth a punt?
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Yeah, he didn't see this suggestion either:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Nisbet

Prolific, a gamble, but you don't unearth diamonds without taking some risk.
Hugill remains focussed on all things QPR on 10:13 - Mar 5 with 765 viewskernowhoop

This is surely a repeat of the Nahki Wells situation? Too expensive for us. Not good enough for West Ham. He says he is happy at QPR, but, gets transferred to another Championship team. No doubt the club already has a shortlist of possible replacements, but, it must be a pretty challenging task.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024