Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite. 13:35 - Jul 26 with 10914 viewsItchySphincter

Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite. on 21:43 - Jul 26 with 1472 viewsJackinexile1

Stop posting here then>? Go to your great forum.
Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite. on 21:45 - Jul 26 with 1469 viewsJackinexile1

Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite. on 21:43 - Jul 26 by BLAZE

I'd love for you to expand on that because I don't have the first clue what the d*ck you're talking about (I'd highlight the part of your quote I'm referring to but this forum doesn't allow me to do that!)

And short of signing up and posting a few times I have absolutely no ties to the new place nor have I made any banners for it. I'm just speaking the truth. This place is ancient. Not opinion, fact. It would've been outdated in the 90s.

You didnt have a swans logo on your car?

Go to your forum why are you here?

a
Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite. on 21:50 - Jul 26 with 1452 viewsJackinexile1

Who signs up for a forum run by a guy who let the Americans take over the club, then quit after advising against legal action then came back and then we never heard of the legal action ? All while drinking with Cooze.

Nice one James.
Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite. on 21:54 - Jul 26 with 1431 viewsBLAZE

I'm replying now, because you claimed I 'left a couple of boys on their own'. Ask your puppet master what he meant by that?

And ye - James Dwyer. That's no secret mush because I don't hide behind a username and stir sh*t like you are attempting this evening. You have an issue with Phil? Keep me out of it. No agendas here other than a compulsive urge to correct bullsh*t

[Post edited 26 Jul 2020 22:17]
Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite. on 23:38 - Jul 26 with 1371 viewschad

Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite. on 21:05 - Jul 26 by BLAZE

No, it's definitely a statement of fact to claim the new place utilises newer technology, much of which intended to improve user experience. The big thing this forum has going for it, is that people are used to it. Resistance to change and all that

I'm not getting into an argument though, you're as monotonous as Lisa when it comes to those! Have a nice evening Chad 🙂

Monotony not you thing though hey ;) , keep moving those goalposts

Regardless of you saying ‘No
I didnt, nor don’t, disagree with your first sentence above, as your ‘No’ implies
Primarily because you have reworded what you put in the post I disagreed with.

So yes I do not doubt it utilises newer technology

Nor do I doubt much of that is intended to improve the user experience
(as you carefully word it)

But best intentions and all that ;)

It is really down to the skill in which those technologies are used and a real understanding of what best serves the needs of the user, in ease on the eye, readability, intuitive response, usage and navigation, simplicity etc. etc.

Let’s suppose we give a monkey and Michel Roux similar ingredients, both sets good enough to bake a cake, but perhaps the monkey has slightly better quality ingredients and a few other bells and whistles.

Who would make the best cake?

Probably the one with the most intuitive skill and the best understanding of what people actually want. No matter how many hundreds and thousands and green dye the monkey throws on his cake.

So what you actually initially said in your original post, and which I believe I correctly disagreed with, is ...

The new forum is superior in just about every way from a technical perspective

Given technology is merely a tool of design, and the design of its interface is a vitally important part of the technical solution delivered, then unless users like Leon et al prefer it, then I am afraid I think you are wrong, because you are taking a limited view.

Now if you find that monotonous, I perfectly understand, but attention to detail is essential when delivering something people want to use, rather than what you think they should want. There is a big difference.

Of course resistance to change can be managed, if approached constructively, rather than presented as a stick to beat those any new offering is intended to serve.
Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite. on 00:00 - Jul 27 with 1356 viewsBLAZE

Wow. And I thought I took this place too seriously!?

Night all 😂
Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite. on 00:44 - Jul 27 with 1331 viewsItchySphincter

Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite. on 00:00 - Jul 27 by BLAZE

Wow. And I thought I took this place too seriously!?

Night all 😂

You’ve been Spratty’d.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite. on 05:26 - Jul 27 with 1296 viewsWhiterockin

I really don't like the situation with 2 boards, it just dilutes the posters and many will not bother to post anymore. I also find that there are to many advertisements on the other site. I will probably just see how it goes for the next couple of weeks but both sites seem extremely quiet in what should be busy exiting times.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Login to get fewer ads

Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite. on 09:16 - Jul 27 with 1256 viewsHighjack

Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite. on 21:43 - Jul 26 by BLAZE

I'd love for you to expand on that because I don't have the first clue what the d*ck you're talking about (I'd highlight the part of your quote I'm referring to but this forum doesn't allow me to do that!)

And short of signing up and posting a few times I have absolutely no ties to the new place nor have I made any banners for it. I'm just speaking the truth. This place is ancient. Not opinion, fact. It would've been outdated in the 90s.

Lots of the posters were outdated in the 90’s too.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite. on 09:32 - Jul 27 with 1253 viewsmonmouth

Should the question be ‘which one is less shit?’

For me it’s this one because despite all the helpful advice on how to fix it it, the new one still refuses to let me in by steadfastly denying my correct password is correct. Fantastic technology indeed.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite. on 10:07 - Jul 27 with 1230 viewschad

Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite. on 00:44 - Jul 27 by ItchySphincter

You’ve been Spratty’d.

You are of course correct in every way.’ ;)
Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite. on 12:12 - Jul 27 with 1185 viewsonehunglow

This Board will be a nice place and a good place to exchange views.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite. on 13:07 - Jul 27 with 1138 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite. on 09:32 - Jul 27 by monmouth

Should the question be ‘which one is less shit?’

For me it’s this one because despite all the helpful advice on how to fix it it, the new one still refuses to let me in by steadfastly denying my correct password is correct. Fantastic technology indeed.

This what happens when old men and technology mix lol

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite. on 16:14 - Jul 27 with 1142 viewsMrSwerve

When we moved from the old board over to this Fans Network one years ago, it was quite a shock to be using forum software that was seemingly designed in 1995. Most people hated it. People got used to it. Now people are reluctant to change from here too. It'll happen whenever the forum moves next!

It's not about having 2 forums - they are different. This is Fans Network, the other one is Planet Swans. I think the idea was to have more collaboration with the other teams on their Fans Network pages, which we can also post on. Not sure if anyone on here really does that though, so it defeats the point of being on FN really. It's a shame that everyone hasn't made the move, but nevermind. I'll keep reading both.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2020 16:15]

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite. on 16:31 - Jul 27 with 1128 viewsOptimisticJack

I intend to stay put on this site.
In recent times I have got more and more disillusioned with Planet Swans site mainly due to the posts of Darren and a few others. As a consequence I found myself checking in on the site less and less.
Incidentally I have never had a cross word with them as I have generally just been a reader of posts in the main.
Its refreshing not to have to read their posts on here.
Having said that I do miss some of the sensible and informed posters such as Lifelong etc

Optimisticjack

Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite. on 17:11 - Jul 27 with 1094 viewsJackfath

Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite. on 16:31 - Jul 27 by OptimisticJack

I intend to stay put on this site.
In recent times I have got more and more disillusioned with Planet Swans site mainly due to the posts of Darren and a few others. As a consequence I found myself checking in on the site less and less.
Incidentally I have never had a cross word with them as I have generally just been a reader of posts in the main.
Its refreshing not to have to read their posts on here.
Having said that I do miss some of the sensible and informed posters such as Lifelong etc

Can you furnish us with some examples of posts that have made you disillusioned?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite. on 17:26 - Jul 27 with 1079 viewsonehunglow

I'm optimistic

Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite. on 17:40 - Jul 27 with 1081 viewsswancity

Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite. on 17:11 - Jul 27 by Jackfath

Can you furnish us with some examples of posts that have made you disillusioned?

Take your pick from thousands of Prosser posts 😂

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite. on 17:42 - Jul 27 with 1077 viewsOptimisticJack

Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite. on 17:11 - Jul 27 by Jackfath

Would take far too long trawling back through old threads.
Been amazed how Darren has been allowed to post for as long as he has given some of the posts he has made.
Anyway onwards and upwards.

Optimisticjack

Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite. on 17:47 - Jul 27 with 1068 viewsswancity

Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite. on 17:42 - Jul 27 by OptimisticJack

Been amazed how Darren has been allowed to post for as long as he has given some of the posts he has made.

Indeed.

So much better without the clueless, thoughtless berk.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite. on 17:48 - Jul 27 with 1058 viewsJackfath

Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite. on 17:42 - Jul 27 by OptimisticJack

Out of all the old threads, not one example? Come on!

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite. on 17:55 - Jul 27 with 1062 viewsOptimisticJack

Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite. on 17:48 - Jul 27 by Jackfath

Out of all the old threads, not one example? Come on!

Move on.

Optimisticjack

Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite. on 17:56 - Jul 27 with 1051 viewsJackfath

Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite. on 17:47 - Jul 27 by swancity

Indeed.

So much better without the clueless, thoughtless berk.

Yet you reference him in your signature?

Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite. on 17:57 - Jul 27 with 1046 viewsJackfath

Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite. on 17:55 - Jul 27 by OptimisticJack

Move on.

I think it's you that needs to move on. Why mention him? He's no longer in your life. Let it go.

Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite. on 18:00 - Jul 27 with 1036 viewsonehunglow

Move on indeed.
It sums us up.Is this a Welsh trait. /

We seem obsessed with denigrating anyone and quite prepared to adduce "evidence" from week,month,even years back to "prove a point".All it proves is how utter narrow minded we are.

Example...this week,not long after an incredible game,the usual uspects are right up with..what about you routledge haters/cooper outs where are you now, etc.And this at a time when we should all be full of joy. Nope,some are filled with hate/envy/contemt for their fellow man.

Move the feck on is dead right

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024