Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR - together - let's hold our nerve 19:14 - Dec 12 with 1881 viewsGreenbay

It’s very understandable that there are big rumblings that Warbs should go.

More defeats between now and the end of the year and it may turn out that the management and Warbs have amicably agreed to depart.

But I’d keep Warbs — as mentioned in posts and particularly in the December 3 piece under ‘Warbs hope he stays for years’.

I also mentioned “Remember the target - a financially stable club, a decent stadium, and a team we all enjoy watching”.

We need stability. Chopping and changing the manager and then inevitably the team will hardly make a difference. In fact it will make it worse.

This is a very long-term project as said 5-10 years. We have the basis of a good team — especially as many of them have signed long-term contracts.
We cannot buy ready-made terrific players. We have to rely on youth — regardless.

We are literally starting from scratch — and in the Championship.

Remember Southampton kept manager Ralph Hasenhüttl last year after such a sticky period. And look at them now.

If an oil-rich sheikh or a billionaire American etc bought the club then we can buy who we want and we will be in the Premiership within a few years.
It could happen if the owners decide enough is enough.
In fact why don’t they?
But is that what WE really want?

Remember if a country’s economy is good then it can do good things.
At the moment the club is heading towards a ‘good economy’ and hopefully the rest will follow. But it takes several years.

I’m convinced we won’t be relegated but I’m worried like everyone else.
There are at least 3 worse sides than us in the Championship.

BUT let’s say we were relegated. I know that's not what we want but would that be a good thing so the youngsters (with those long-term contracts) can develop?

This team would bounce straight back IMO from Division 1.

The following youngsters will IMO improve dramatically - Dieng, Kakay, Hamaleinen, Masterson, Chair, Willock, and Dykes (if he gets some service).
That’s along with Bettache and eventually Kelman. Carroll would make it tick plus Amos when he’s back next season.
And Dickie will be fine in Division 1 and hopefully improve. too.
Thomas as well (although he’s had such little time on the pitch).
We also keep Kane - as well as uncle Adomah for short bursts.
That’s the heart of our side.

Promoted then from Division 1 in 2022 — keeping the same team for the first time in 3 seasons — and with all that extra game-time and experience for the players challenge for a top 6 place in the Championship in 2022-23 season.
Is that a good target?
And yes — before you ask - I’d prefer the team to do its learning in the Championship.

I like Warbs style when it works — press and attack.
But I’m obviously very uncomfortable (like everyone else) the way we defend — and gifting goals. Even Warbs says ‘sloppy’ goals to give away. That’s his Achilles heel.

Someone mentioned a defence coach. I’m all for that.
A good organized defence takes the pressure off the rest of the team.

And finally a word on BOS. He’s a powerful player and an addition to any team in the Championship — but apart from the occasional - his crosses are woeful.
He runs into a dead end or shoots frequently wide or into the side-netting.
Yes he’s scored two great goals — one last year and one this year

But this is a team game not a solo effort. Without doubt he’s one of our very best players. But if he’s not going to stay then hopefully he will depart in the January window and we can get on in developing the side.
If he stays (unlikely) — then he must improve his crosses and become a team player.

The funny thing is - he’ll probably produce some outstanding performances between now and the end of the year to catch the eye of prospective buyers — if there are any? Hopefully that will help us towards getting some points before 2020 finishes.

And that’s all I’ve got to say — for the moment!
QPR - together - let's hold our nerve on 19:40 - Dec 12 with 1809 viewsParkRoyalR

Thought defence played very well today, Dickie's reading of the game and all round play was superb.

I would now drop BO'S for Adomah, as Albert is a far better individual and all-round team player (even if age is against him) and we need someone with his movement and skill who can gel Dykes, Chair and LTC into an attacking force. BO'S is just one more individual type player and we need to improve our team's passing and movement in the final third.
QPR - together - let's hold our nerve on 07:35 - Dec 13 with 1652 viewsMelakaRanger

Yep. Almost as I see the situation
QPR - together - let's hold our nerve on 08:04 - Dec 13 with 1624 viewsjohnhoop

QPR - together - let's hold our nerve on 07:35 - Dec 13 by MelakaRanger

Yep. Almost as I see the situation

It does contain quite a lot of sensible stuff but I think there are two issues on which I believe it to be incorrect.
Firstly the statement that if oil rich owners or somebody similar bought the club, they could buy whoever they wanted and have us in the Premiership in a few years. As Clive has repeatedly pointed out and most people now seem to realise, FFP now makes this impossible under the current rules. Of course, some clubs seem to bend and even ignore those rules with absolute impunity but you just know that if we tried it they'd be down on us like a ton of bricks.
Secondly, the assumption that it's not too much of a disaster if we go down because we have a promising group of players who can do their learning in League one and come back as a stronger, more effective unit. This doesn't take into account the fact that the players we have who are actually Championship quality would be cherry picked by the vultures from the Championship. I think that this would include at least Dieng, Chair and probably Dickie, with Bright having gone already.
Some clubs do bounce back quickly but we can see from the experience of others, like Ipswich and Sunderland that it is not at all straightforward. So we need to do whatever is necessary to make every possible effort to avoid relegation this year. Personally I am not sure whether removing Warburton is going to make relegation more or less likely but it is a very real possibility and I hope we are now past the point where anyone who is concerned about it is mockingly disparaged as a "bed wetter". The idea that there are obviously three worse teams in the division than us now is patently absurd.
QPR - together - let's hold our nerve on 08:25 - Dec 13 with 1576 viewsBrianMcCarthy

"As Clive has repeatedly pointed out and most people now seem to realise, FFP now makes this impossible under the current rules.

Exactly., John.

And, as for "This team would bounce straight back IMO from Division 1.", well we all heard that in 96 and we're still reeling from that.

If relegation is a possibility and the Board can improve the managerial position then they must and will do so. I think Warburton has done an amazing job in lots of ways but let's not pretend that sentiment trumps survival.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

QPR - together - let's hold our nerve on 08:43 - Dec 13 with 1527 views2Thomas2Bowles

It's laughable that MW would be here if we get relagated, sacked or walked and why would he not be sacked (departed company)

If it's difficult to attract a manager now it would be even harder after relegation.

Whatever funny pills you are taking STOP.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

QPR - together - let's hold our nerve on 08:47 - Dec 13 with 1522 viewsFrankRightguard

Time to explain FFP again eh?
QPR - together - let's hold our nerve on 09:07 - Dec 13 with 1473 viewsNortholt_Rs

We won’t have much financial stability by being relegated to League 1.... MW desperately needs a win and fast.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

QPR - together - let's hold our nerve on 09:28 - Dec 13 with 1412 viewsbakerloo8

Nice positive post but far too many 'IMO' and 'ifs' for me.

We go down and it would be a disaster. We would lose all our better players for peanuts and more than likely have an extended spell in L1.

Warbs needs results and fast.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024