Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warbs - time to be creative - Xmas discussion 14:09 - Dec 24 with 1588 viewsGreenbay

As we all know - Warbs task is to deliver a team that we can all respect.
He has a very thin squad and there's no money.
It's an almost impossible task.
So as none of us know what goes on at the training ground here are my Xmas thoughts.
Let's be creative with what we've got.
Let's cover our defensive deficiencies and keep more of the ball and find out whether Dykes and Bonne can do justice up front.
So here's the suggestion.
Let's have three centre backs and two wing backs.
Then flood the midfield with our lone striker up front.
Here's my team - Dieng of course.
Then Kakay (if fit) and Hamaleinen as the wing backs.
The three centre-backs Masterson, Dickie and Barbet with Masterson, when he can, moving ahead of the other two.
The midfield - supported by Kakay and Hamaleinen - with Ball just behind Carroll, Chair and Willock with Dykes the striker.
Time for Cameron and Kane to have a rest, and BOS not picked for the reasons many have stated. All three on the bench along with Uncle and Bonne.
And let's give some play time for Bettache and Kelman along with Thomas.
Thoughts? But no negativity please.
It gets us nowhere so let's keep it positive and constructive.
Isn't it time for positive good cheer?
Warbs - time to be creative - Xmas discussion on 14:17 - Dec 24 with 1575 viewseastside_r

I have to admire your relentless optimism re. Warburton, even if I don’t share it.
Warbs - time to be creative - Xmas discussion on 14:17 - Dec 24 with 1571 viewsPinnerPaul

No offence, but I'd rather watch the Stan clips again!
Warbs - time to be creative - Xmas discussion on 14:20 - Dec 24 with 1562 viewsNed_Kennedys

“It’s an almost impossible task”

No it isn’t.

Would agree with three Centre Backs but Kane is a far better wing back than Kakay.
Warbs - time to be creative - Xmas discussion on 14:22 - Dec 24 with 1558 viewsMedwayR

I’m not sure why Warbs hasn’t tried 3 at the back considering how well & often he used it last year. A 3-4-1-2 formation looks good to me although a lack of width would be my concern as Hamalainen, Wallace & Kakay aren’t great going forward.

Poll: Who’s better?

Warbs - time to be creative - Xmas discussion on 15:53 - Dec 24 with 1460 viewstimcocking

Warbs - time to be creative - Xmas discussion on 14:22 - Dec 24 by MedwayR

I’m not sure why Warbs hasn’t tried 3 at the back considering how well & often he used it last year. A 3-4-1-2 formation looks good to me although a lack of width would be my concern as Hamalainen, Wallace & Kakay aren’t great going forward.

Everybody (in Britain at least) is still raised on a back four, so asking them to start playing three at the back at this stage of their development is a bit like asking them to switch position altogether. Terrifies the life out of all and sundry, usually leads to a certain doom. Particularly trying to implement it on the hop with a team as sh!t/new/low on confidence as this one.

I like it when i'm playing on Fifa. Seems to provide an extra defender when defending and an extra attacker when attacking.
Warbs - time to be creative - Xmas discussion on 18:01 - Dec 24 with 1406 viewsWegerles_Stairs

I want two strikers with wingers crossing to them.

Dieng
Kane
Dickie
Barbet
Niko
Bettache
Chair
Willock
BOS
Dykes
Bonne
Warbs - time to be creative - Xmas discussion on 18:57 - Dec 24 with 1356 viewsbosh67

Warbs - time to be creative - Xmas discussion on 18:01 - Dec 24 by Wegerles_Stairs

I want two strikers with wingers crossing to them.

Dieng
Kane
Dickie
Barbet
Niko
Bettache
Chair
Willock
BOS
Dykes
Bonne

Yup although most physical teams would walk through that midfield. We need to clone Shaun Derry!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Warbs - time to be creative - Xmas discussion on 20:37 - Dec 24 with 1299 viewsQPROslo

3 5 2 for me as well, but a bit different from the OP in that I'd want to try BOS as one of the wingbacks, right side now when Kakay is out, and for me Cameron is a way better than Ball, both defensively, and because among some failed attempts, he plays in some defence opening passes our strikers should be making better use of.
Login to get fewer ads

Warbs - time to be creative - Xmas discussion on 23:29 - Dec 24 with 1233 viewsLadbrokeR

Warbs - time to be creative - Xmas discussion on 14:22 - Dec 24 by MedwayR

I haven’t seen every game but he seems very keen on playing two defensive midfielders that sit in front of the back four. I doubt he’s ever going to abandon this completely so the question is who could fulfil this role single handedly if there was to be a change. Cameron despite being captain couldn’t.
Warbs - time to be creative - Xmas discussion on 00:48 - Dec 25 with 1184 viewstimcocking

Warbs - time to be creative - Xmas discussion on 23:29 - Dec 24 by LadbrokeR

I haven’t seen every game but he seems very keen on playing two defensive midfielders that sit in front of the back four. I doubt he’s ever going to abandon this completely so the question is who could fulfil this role single handedly if there was to be a change. Cameron despite being captain couldn’t.

Scowen ahem.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024