Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ambition - is there any? 08:23 - Mar 21 with 3197 viewsBillyChong

What a massive opportunity wasted. The chance to do the first double over a mid table Cardiff side at home. To be fair to Coops he went attacking. But at the same time, a cheap chancer signing playing his 6th ever start up top. In place of our marquee make fit striker signing who hasn’t scored in 14 games. Goes to show how this tactic of relying on Coopers contacts for short term gain in loans and cheap gambles isn’t going to result in long term gain. Brewster was key last season, but he benefited from that spell more than our club. 30 odd hedge funders who haven’t invested a penny in the playing side of things. What an absolute con. Next level said Huw, if that’s what he meant by losing the best ever chance at a derby double with barely a shot on goal then fair play to the man.
Ambition - is there any? on 09:37 - Mar 21 with 2354 viewsChief

To the OPs title question.

Yes there obviously is......

To a point. The signings of MGW and then Hourihane show that.

But is it enough? No probably not.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Ambition - is there any? on 10:01 - Mar 21 with 2339 viewsNortbankboy

Ambition - is there any? on 09:37 - Mar 21 by Chief

To the OPs title question.

Yes there obviously is......

To a point. The signings of MGW and then Hourihane show that.

But is it enough? No probably not.

Apart from the first 15 mins.when we got the ball
Down and started to play,we played well.
Need the rub of the green sometimes.
There are a lot of clubs would like to be in our position
Ambition - is there any? on 10:06 - Mar 21 with 2323 viewsonehunglow

Ambition - is there any? on 10:01 - Mar 21 by Nortbankboy

Not good enough.

I think this positive posting isn't working either. It didn't do much good yesterday.It simply prolongs the agony .It stuffs our minds and takes us in,then spits us out.

We will Not be promoted this season and next year looks bad already as our income will be slashed .

2 chinks (no racism there) of light;Steve will be gone as will Woody. Problem is will the Owners who are responsible for the farkfest.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Ambition - is there any? on 10:06 - Mar 21 with 2328 viewsbuilthjack

If the owners had dipped their hands in their pockets a little, we would be up there with Norwich.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Ambition - is there any? on 10:08 - Mar 21 with 2316 viewsonehunglow

Ambition - is there any? on 10:06 - Mar 21 by builthjack

If the owners had dipped their hands in their pockets a little, we would be up there with Norwich.

Yes,but whatIS in their pockets is key.
Noting apparently,whuch is why I alway ask

WHERE HAS THE MONEY GONE

Next year we will be even more skint

People on here are making excuses for it all

It stinks

Ambition - is there any? on 10:15 - Mar 21 with 2318 viewsChief

Ambition - is there any? on 10:01 - Mar 21 by Nortbankboy

Absolutely. But we've had our fair share of the green rubs recently. Yesterday proved its finite and cannot be relied upon.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Ambition - is there any? on 10:16 - Mar 21 with 2312 viewsonehunglow

Now I agree with that

Ambition - is there any? on 10:32 - Mar 21 with 2305 viewsbuilthjack

Ambition - is there any? on 10:08 - Mar 21 by onehunglow

Yes,but whatIS in their pockets is key.
Noting apparently,whuch is why I alway ask

WHERE HAS THE MONEY GONE

Next year we will be even more skint

People on here are making excuses for it all

It stinks

Jobby seems to know where the money has gone. But I don't think he can count.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Login to get fewer ads

Ambition - is there any? on 10:53 - Mar 21 with 2287 viewsonehunglow

Ambition - is there any? on 10:32 - Mar 21 by builthjack

I see one punter giving it chapter and verse as to the financial expertise of the Owners and the fact we had mega debt.
Yet,with the parachute payment,we still have no money -which is shyte -becaue we have ,the wrong players for us and that is down to Cooper and /or the Owners.

FOUR windows Cooper had ,not one to fix us with a striker.And he has contacts too?

I m not sure what's worse.Our fans being taken for a ride -again or the sheer insouchiance of the Owners.

As a notorious former poster opined ,I was for the sale,BUT I honestly believed Jenks would have sold us to the right people to move us on. I was wrong.That doesnt matter.What does is the state of the club .

Forget any action vis a vis Trust v Owners and just get them out -somehow. We have regressed in 4 years from a solid Prem Club with resouces to strengthen to one where we live off scraps.

And we're to accept this and reflect on how good we WERE.

Ambition - is there any? on 11:03 - Mar 21 with 2271 viewsDr_Winston

Ambition - is there any? on 10:32 - Mar 21 by builthjack

Anyone with the merest understanding of accounts and related tax law knows where the money has gone. Spend five minutes on Google familiarising yourself. You might not keep asking the same tedious questions if you did.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Ambition - is there any? on 11:20 - Mar 21 with 2265 viewsbuilthjack

Ambition - is there any? on 11:03 - Mar 21 by Dr_Winston

Anyone with the merest understanding of accounts and related tax law knows where the money has gone. Spend five minutes on Google familiarising yourself. You might not keep asking the same tedious questions if you did.

I know all about tax law, trust me.

Ambition - is there any? on 11:21 - Mar 21 with 2257 viewsonehunglow

Ambition - is there any? on 11:20 - Mar 21 by builthjack

I know all about tax law, trust me.

Listen to the Doc mun.

He knows,ya know.

We're lucky to have him

Ambition - is there any? on 11:26 - Mar 21 with 2255 viewsBadlands

Cardiff were always going to play their 6’ 2 and /5” forwards so Cooper picks three cbs who are barely 6’.
Guess what they score from a ball into the box.
We lump balls into the area for Whittaker 6’ and Ayew 5’7” to attack their 6’5” and 6’6” cbs.
Talk about rocket surgery!

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Ambition - is there any? on 11:29 - Mar 21 with 2248 viewsTreforys_Jack

Ambition - is there any? on 11:03 - Mar 21 by Dr_Winston

It becomes tiresome answering the same old question, just check income and expenditure, its pretty clear. There is no evidence of money being siphoned out of the club and the owners have backed Cooper. They are also running the club prudently to ensure we still have a club. Some on here would be happy to borrow tens of.millions to who knows who. My worry is more who the owners will sell to when the time comes.
Ambition - is there any? on 11:44 - Mar 21 with 2229 viewsonehunglow

Ambition - is there any? on 11:26 - Mar 21 by Badlands

Cardiff were always going to play their 6’ 2 and /5” forwards so Cooper picks three cbs who are barely 6’.
Guess what they score from a ball into the box.
We lump balls into the area for Whittaker 6’ and Ayew 5’7” to attack their 6’5” and 6’6” cbs.
Talk about rocket surgery!

Did anyone think Steve would actually elect a team to deal with Cradiffs style and ize of player?
Nah
To elect Naughton instread of Cabango says it all.

Ambition - is there any? on 11:48 - Mar 21 with 2225 viewsonehunglow

Ambition - is there any? on 11:29 - Mar 21 by Treforys_Jack

It becomes tiresome answering the same old question, just check income and expenditure, its pretty clear. There is no evidence of money being siphoned out of the club and the owners have backed Cooper. They are also running the club prudently to ensure we still have a club. Some on here would be happy to borrow tens of.millions to who knows who. My worry is more who the owners will sell to when the time comes.

It is about to whom the club is sold .

I think I'll resist the temptation to examine our finances,so easily available apparently.

Ambition - is there any? on 12:09 - Mar 21 with 2211 viewsthornabyswan

Ambition - is there any? on 11:48 - Mar 21 by onehunglow

I think I'll resist the temptation to examine our finances,so easily available apparently.

The club needs to be sustainable watch Sunderland till I die that will give you an idea of what happens when you spend above your means.

If we remain in the Championship as a well run club so be it.

The owners have backed Cooper this season he or the fan base can have no complaints

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Ambition - is there any? on 12:27 - Mar 21 with 2195 viewsonehunglow

I get that but we do not have to be a Sunderland.A Norwich would be better by which I mean owners with some financial clout and nous to get us back to the Prem,which leads u back to...
Ambition,to which the answer is a clear NO.

Just what the Yanks want beats me.

Ambition - is there any? on 12:48 - Mar 21 with 2177 viewsKeithHaynes

Ambition ? Cooper has loads, as do all the players, it’s just a matter at times of being able to carry it off.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Ambition - is there any? on 12:52 - Mar 21 with 2172 viewsraynor94

Ambition - is there any? on 12:27 - Mar 21 by onehunglow

I get that but we do not have to be a Sunderland.A Norwich would be better by which I mean owners with some financial clout and nous to get us back to the Prem,which leads u back to...

In fairness, Norwich spent nothing when they were in the Premier league that's why they come straight back down.

They have sold Maddison and Godfrey and Farke has made some shrewd signings and loans.

But they certainly don't splash cash, but agree they are well run.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Ambition - is there any? on 13:16 - Mar 21 with 2149 viewsDr_Winston

Ambition - is there any? on 12:27 - Mar 21 by onehunglow

Norwich have become a yo-yo team through shrewd financial management, good crowds and a sensible buying and selling policy, all the same things that our current owners are trying to do. For info, Delia Smith's net worth is about £25m. Kaplan's is "allegedly" upwards of $750m.

So again, the only thing you're interested in is owners that will spend money the club can't sustainably afford, because you can't envisage a club developing any other way, even though we've already done it once.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Ambition - is there any? on 14:03 - Mar 21 with 2133 viewsonehunglow

Ambition - is there any? on 12:48 - Mar 21 by KeithHaynes

Ambition ? Cooper has loads, as do all the players, it’s just a matter at times of being able to carry it off.

He might have ambition but maybe not with us.

Ambition - is there any? on 14:04 - Mar 21 with 2132 viewsonehunglow

Ambition - is there any? on 12:52 - Mar 21 by raynor94

In fairness, Norwich spent nothing when they were in the Premier league that's why they come straight back down.

They have sold Maddison and Godfrey and Farke has made some shrewd signings and loans.

But they certainly don't splash cash, but agree they are well run.

We can only dream of having leaders such as they

Ambition - is there any? on 15:10 - Mar 21 with 2099 viewsReslovenSwan1

My concern is the 1000+ Trust memberhip chancers who own 21% of the club who declined to sell any of their shares n 2016 and will definately not invest any money in Swansea city.

Swansea fans slag of owners and at the same time give the Trust a "free pass". Why should they? They were worth £21m in 2016 and their Chairman resigned rather than sell any of the Trusts shares to create capital for investment.

Mindi Kallin is a better owner of Swansea than the 1000 strong Trust. She might have thrown in a cool $200,000 for the convertablible loan note. Who knows? The Trust have giving that sort of dough to Posh boy ambulance chasers from Surrey.

The Trust member whingers drone on about "next level" promises. Where is the Trusts cash for imvestment gone? £21m in 2016. Where is it? Only needed £2m for Watters.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2021 15:14]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Ambition - is there any? on 15:11 - Mar 21 with 2098 viewsbuilthjack

Ambition - is there any? on 11:48 - Mar 21 by onehunglow

You won't be allowed access to the full, detailed, truthful accounts. Never.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024