Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Canada What a tragedy this is 10:27 - May 29 with 2070 viewsKeithHaynes

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-57291530

It’s really hard to comprehend.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Canada What a tragedy this is on 10:52 - May 29 with 2032 viewsKilkennyjack

Dreadful.

Man’s inhumanity to man.

🙏🏿

Beware of the Risen People

Canada What a tragedy this is on 11:02 - May 29 with 2028 viewstrampie

Mick Antoniw MS/AS 💙 (@MickAntoniw1) Tweeted: Another tragedy exposing the legacy of historic abuse and destruction of indigenous peoples.
Canada mourns as remains of 215 children found at indigenous school - BBC News https://t.co/OfdNKoxdmn

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Canada What a tragedy this is on 11:22 - May 29 with 1985 viewsonehunglow

A great song of wholescale slaughter of native north americans.
Get over the Neil Young voice ,if you can and listen...

People need to listen to this and reflect.

Any comments...

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Canada What a tragedy this is on 11:27 - May 29 with 1984 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Very much like this one.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9629945/Gruesome-discovery-500-bodies-m
Canada What a tragedy this is on 12:43 - May 29 with 1941 viewsmajorraglan

Canada What a tragedy this is on 11:22 - May 29 by onehunglow

A great song of wholescale slaughter of native north americans.
Get over the Neil Young voice ,if you can and listen...

People need to listen to this and reflect.

Any comments...

It's a very moving song.

The native Americans, like many indigenous peoples have been very poorly treated. Like the aborigines in Australia, alcohol is a major issue in their communities and they get really bad press, but it's understandable that lots of tribes have issues as their way of life which remained relatively unchanged for generations has been totally destroyed in less than 200 years.
Canada What a tragedy this is on 13:29 - May 29 with 1924 viewsCatullus

Canada What a tragedy this is on 12:43 - May 29 by majorraglan

It's a very moving song.

The native Americans, like many indigenous peoples have been very poorly treated. Like the aborigines in Australia, alcohol is a major issue in their communities and they get really bad press, but it's understandable that lots of tribes have issues as their way of life which remained relatively unchanged for generations has been totally destroyed in less than 200 years.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Canada What a tragedy this is on 18:08 - May 29 with 1853 viewsDr_Winston

Another Roman Catholic institution.

They're almost as good at generating mass graves as the Einsatzgruppen.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Canada What a tragedy this is on 18:20 - May 29 with 1830 viewsonehunglow

Canada What a tragedy this is on 12:43 - May 29 by majorraglan

It's a very moving song.

A class post Sir
Neil's voice aint for all but by fark,he is intense and passionate. I feel for those unable to get him.

Only Bob D compares .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Login to get fewer ads

Canada What a tragedy this is on 22:02 - May 29 with 1783 viewsCatullus

Canada What a tragedy this is on 18:08 - May 29 by Dr_Winston

Another Roman Catholic institution.

They're almost as good at generating mass graves as the Einsatzgruppen.

Yes but better at hiding the evidence.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Canada What a tragedy this is on 14:06 - Jun 25 with 1564 viewsGroo

Another 751 found at another school that closed in 1997 in Saskatchewan.

Groo does what Groo does best

Canada What a tragedy this is on 14:35 - Jun 25 with 1528 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Canada What a tragedy this is on 22:02 - May 29 by Catullus

Yes but better at hiding the evidence.

Good point, also pretty good at ignoring the evidence and moving the evidence!

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Canada What a tragedy this is on 15:04 - Jun 25 with 1520 viewscontroversial_jack

There's probably no country on earth that hasn't commuted some kind of atrocity at some stage.
Canada What a tragedy this is on 21:27 - Jun 25 with 1456 viewsCatullus

Canada What a tragedy this is on 15:04 - Jun 25 by controversial_jack

There's probably no country on earth that hasn't commuted some kind of atrocity at some stage.

People think racism is bad today. Back in the day mass murder of non whites was not just accepted by governments worldwide, it was seen as fair and above board treatment of inferior peoples. To me that very attitude made white people inferior to other peoples.

Indigenous non white peoples across the globe lived in harmoney with nature then the white man came to perpetrate murder and destruction. Very sad.

Canada What a tragedy this is on 07:14 - Jun 26 with 1415 viewsGroo

Canada What a tragedy this is on 21:27 - Jun 25 by Catullus

People think racism is bad today. Back in the day mass murder of non whites was not just accepted by governments worldwide, it was seen as fair and above board treatment of inferior peoples. To me that very attitude made white people inferior to other peoples.

Indigenous non white peoples across the globe lived in harmoney with nature then the white man came to perpetrate murder and destruction. Very sad.

Don't quite agree with that view.

Its always been about power and exploiting resources for the most powerful. It never mattered the colour of the skin.

The Romans exploited most of Europe, enslaving people's and taking their resources.

Saying non white's across the globe lived in harmony is totally incorrect. Gengis Khan ring a bell? The Japanese invading Korea and China, African's enslaving each other, Arabian exploitation of Africa went on for a 1000 years. There's many examples of power struggles across the globe, without the Whiteman's involvement.

What changed with the European expansion was simply technological advancement.

Canada What a tragedy this is on 10:53 - Jun 26 with 1384 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Canada What a tragedy this is on 07:14 - Jun 26 by Groo

Its always been about power and exploiting resources for the most powerful. It never mattered the colour of the skin.

The Romans exploited most of Europe, enslaving people's and taking their resources.

Saying non white's across the globe lived in harmony is totally incorrect. Gengis Khan ring a bell? The Japanese invading Korea and China, African's enslaving each other, Arabian exploitation of Africa went on for a 1000 years. There's many examples of power struggles across the globe, without the Whiteman's involvement.

In more recent times Rwanda illustrates your point alongside Myanmar, South Sudan, the Central African Republic and Sudan.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-26875506

People need to look beyond what they are told to think on social media.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Canada What a tragedy this is on 13:58 - Jun 26 with 1366 viewsCatullus

Canada What a tragedy this is on 07:14 - Jun 26 by Groo

I said they lived in harmony with nature, not with each other. The Romans looked down on anybody who wasn't Roman, even others from the same country, being a Roman citizen came with large benefits compared to other peoples.

The North American Indians used the vast majority of any animal they killed, they got food and clothes, materials for their "tents" and even got sewing thread from the animals. The Australian Aborigines too.

It was the white man who started the throw away society. Of course I could be wrong there, it's just what I have come to believe, feel free to prove me wrong. Always willing to learn.

Canada What a tragedy this is on 19:14 - Jun 26 with 1322 viewsGroo

Canada What a tragedy this is on 13:58 - Jun 26 by Catullus

I said they lived in harmony with nature, not with each other. The Romans looked down on anybody who wasn't Roman, even others from the same country, being a Roman citizen came with large benefits compared to other peoples.

The North American Indians used the vast majority of any animal they killed, they got food and clothes, materials for their "tents" and even got sewing thread from the animals. The Australian Aborigines too.

It was the white man who started the throw away society. Of course I could be wrong there, it's just what I have come to believe, feel free to prove me wrong. Always willing to learn.

It depends on who you are talking about with the harmony with nature I suppose, the North American Indigenous people and the Aborigine's of Australia would fit in with this.

Not far from where I live is a tourist attraction called Buffalo Jump, its an area where the pre-European natives guided buffalo to a cliff edge and chased them off the edge. 1000's of buffalo would die in one go, the natives collected them and used everything including the bone, they did this once a year at a time when there were millions of buffalo.

I once read that the reason the people of the American continent was so far behind in development was because before the Europeans came across, there were no horses, so travel was always on foot, limiting the reach of the people.

Africa was cut of through deserts and jungle, but they were not at one with nature as far as i know. The West side of Africa was within touching distance of Arabia, the Arabs certainly took advantage and enslaved people from the region, 100's of years before the European's found the West Coast. The local 'royalty' became rich from the slave trade and resisted when the British outlawed it at the start of the 19th century.

Asia was also not in harmony, with empire's rising and falling.

The difference as I mentioned earlier was the technology revolution followed by the industrial evolution, this was the game changer and humans did what humans did best, service their greed.

Canada What a tragedy this is on 21:11 - Jun 26 with 1307 viewsCatullus

Canada What a tragedy this is on 19:14 - Jun 26 by Groo

It depends on who you are talking about with the harmony with nature I suppose, the North American Indigenous people and the Aborigine's of Australia would fit in with this.

Not far from where I live is a tourist attraction called Buffalo Jump, its an area where the pre-European natives guided buffalo to a cliff edge and chased them off the edge. 1000's of buffalo would die in one go, the natives collected them and used everything including the bone, they did this once a year at a time when there were millions of buffalo.

I once read that the reason the people of the American continent was so far behind in development was because before the Europeans came across, there were no horses, so travel was always on foot, limiting the reach of the people.

Africa was cut of through deserts and jungle, but they were not at one with nature as far as i know. The West side of Africa was within touching distance of Arabia, the Arabs certainly took advantage and enslaved people from the region, 100's of years before the European's found the West Coast. The local 'royalty' became rich from the slave trade and resisted when the British outlawed it at the start of the 19th century.

Asia was also not in harmony, with empire's rising and falling.

The difference as I mentioned earlier was the technology revolution followed by the industrial evolution, this was the game changer and humans did what humans did best, service their greed.

I'm not so sure about Asia either, they were technologically more adanced than many other places. Africa though, they lived off the land, there are still some tribes now who eke a living out of the land like the Hadzabe of East Africa.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024