Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Falkland War from Argentine Eyes 14:48 - Jun 1 with 9831 viewsGroo

A good film with subtitles showing what the Argentine conscripts went through.

Groo does what Groo does best

Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 21:52 - Jun 2 with 1193 viewsKilkennyjack

Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 20:08 - Jun 2 by onehunglow

It also helped to eventually get rid of the military junta

The human cost was far too high.

There are other , maybe cleverer ?, ways.

Beware of the Risen People

Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 22:00 - Jun 2 with 1188 viewsBoundy

Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 21:28 - Jun 2 by controversial_jack

How many bombs do you think it would take to bomb an air base? They are massive, well patrolled and very secure.It would take tons of the stuff

They didn't need to destroy the airfield, that wasn't the task It was a combined operation using a variety of 81 mm mortars , 66mm HEAT anti tank weapons , extremely light to carry and easy to operate and explosive charges , Once the raiding party had completed the task HMS Glamorgan shelled the area to allow safe extraction.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 22:01 - Jun 2 with 1185 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 21:52 - Jun 2 by Kilkennyjack

Was never very clever to invade the territory of another country but Argentina did not care.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 22:01 - Jun 2 with 1185 viewsProfessor

How many bombs do you think it would take to bomb an air base? They are massive, well patrolled and very secure.It would take tons of the stuff

Not really. If using placed explosives. Only need to stop the planes
Flying
Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 22:10 - Jun 2 with 1171 viewsGroo

Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 21:52 - Jun 2 by Kilkennyjack

They wouldn't have budged, they had no interest in leaving, to leave would have been the end of the Junta. They would talk, talk and delay.

If anyone has any interest in the actual history if the Falklands, this guy, Roger Lorton, has painfully put together a timeline using historical documents from all sides of the history.

https://falklandstimeline.wordpress.com/

Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 22:16 - Jun 2 with 1165 viewsKilkennyjack

Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 22:10 - Jun 2 by Groo

They wouldn't have budged, they had no interest in leaving, to leave would have been the end of the Junta. They would talk, talk and delay.

If anyone has any interest in the actual history if the Falklands, this guy, Roger Lorton, has painfully put together a timeline using historical documents from all sides of the history.

https://falklandstimeline.wordpress.com/

Not worth a single life lost.

Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 22:20 - Jun 2 with 1162 viewsKilkennyjack

Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 22:01 - Jun 2 by felixstowe_jack

Was never very clever to invade the territory of another country but Argentina did not care.

Agreed but we should have dealt with it differently.

The uk and its allies should have been able to achieve the same outcome through discussion, leverage, sanctions or whatever.

Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 22:35 - Jun 2 with 1151 viewsGroo

Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 22:16 - Jun 2 by Kilkennyjack

The lives of more than 2000 people living there was at risk.

The Junta's way to opposition was to kill the opposition. Between 9000 and 30000 Argentinians disappeared by the Junta.

Login to get fewer ads

Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 22:51 - Jun 2 with 1147 viewsraynor94

Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 21:48 - Jun 2 by Kilkennyjack

Are you pretending to be a big tough Brit nat now from your safe arm chair and drinking hot cocoa ?

Would you send your precious young son to fight and die when the politicians should have sorted this without the need for anyone to have to die...?

And if the answer is no, then you should not send somebody else’s son.
And your answer should be a resounding no.

Aw well you can get back to the hot cocoa now ...

Bloody Argies, Maggies handbag, back in the day, unions, lefties, nurse ... yakety yak ....,

This post has been edited by an administrator

How on earth could politicians sort it out, the islands were invaded by the Argentinean Junta, they thought we would do nothing, you have to stand up to dictators.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 22:55 - Jun 2 with 1146 viewsKilkennyjack

Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 22:51 - Jun 2 by raynor94

How on earth could politicians sort it out, the islands were invaded by the Argentinean Junta, they thought we would do nothing, you have to stand up to dictators.

What if Putin did the same or similar ?

Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 23:05 - Jun 2 with 1141 viewsraynor94

Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 22:55 - Jun 2 by Kilkennyjack

What if Putin did the same or similar ?

I would imagine NATO would step up.

Galtierie was the leader of the Junta who invaded to gain popularity, he never in his wildest dreams thought we would respond.

Of course all loss of life is tragic, but Maggie called this one right.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 23:56 - Jun 2 with 1127 viewsKeithHaynes

Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 00:24 - Jun 2 by controversial_jack

We wouldn't be able to do it now. The British forces couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag these days, as was seen during the embarrassment of Iraq and Afghanistan

Oh dear, how very sad you even think that’s the right thing to say.
I still see numerous and many old military mates, some train the new recruits even today, and I can assure you your belief is without foundation and I would hazard a guess, experience.
Shocking.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 00:32 - Jun 3 with 1109 viewscontroversial_jack

Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 23:56 - Jun 2 by KeithHaynes

I still see numerous and many old military mates, some train the new recruits even today, and I can assure you your belief is without foundation and I would hazard a guess, experience.
Shocking.

You could try reading this. Would be a reality check

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Losing-Small-Wars-British-Military/dp/0300227515/ref=pd
Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 05:26 - Jun 3 with 1085 views73__73

Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 22:16 - Jun 2 by Kilkennyjack

What you are really trying to say is, you hate the fact that the Falklands war, was such a glorious victory for the British.
Rule Britannia 🇬🇧

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 08:13 - Jun 3 with 1066 viewsBoundy

Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 00:32 - Jun 3 by controversial_jack

You could try reading this. Would be a reality check

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Losing-Small-Wars-British-Military/dp/0300227515/ref=pd

Regarding the military , you've no real life experiences then ? |Just what you're read in a book , ok then

Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 09:04 - Jun 3 with 1048 viewsRumjack

Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 23:05 - Jun 2 by raynor94

I would imagine NATO would step up.

Galtierie was the leader of the Junta who invaded to gain popularity, he never in his wildest dreams thought we would respond.

Of course all loss of life is tragic, but Maggie called this one right.

I really don't know why you bother. You just knew from the OP that the angle of attack from KJ would be the contrary just to get another dig at the British. And if he can throw in some Evil Maggie jibes and come out of it sounding more of a pacifist than Ghandi to help win an Internet argument then its to hell with the 2000 Falkland Islanders.

What could have been a cracking thread descended into the usual nationalistic or right/left nonsense that derails most threads.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2021 9:38]
Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 09:09 - Jun 3 with 1030 viewsonehunglow

Shocking.

Ive read some appalling things in my time but that insults good people,who protect contro's freedom to post filth like that.
You cannot live in a country where you hate the very people who put their lives on the line. Many have lost body parts and have PTSD which no doubt would fit contro's narrative.

It should be made a sticky to illustrate how low people can get and make no mistake we are seeing sewer talk.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 10:06 - Jun 3 with 995 viewscontroversial_jack

Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 08:13 - Jun 3 by Boundy

Regarding the military , you've no real life experiences then ? |Just what you're read in a book , ok then

So, you didn't get your education from a text book or a teacher? Did you experience ww2 personally? Were you there when JFK was assassinated? I bet you learned all that from a book. Funny how that works, isn't it?
Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 10:12 - Jun 3 with 991 viewscontroversial_jack

Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 09:09 - Jun 3 by onehunglow

Ive read some appalling things in my time but that insults good people,who protect contro's freedom to post filth like that.
You cannot live in a country where you hate the very people who put their lives on the line. Many have lost body parts and have PTSD which no doubt would fit contro's narrative.

It should be made a sticky to illustrate how low people can get and make no mistake we are seeing sewer talk.

I was sticking to facts. Nobody has questioned the courage and commitment of individual soldiers. The institutional weakness of the British army during those two campaigns are in question not the troops. You have missed the point entirely. I honestly don't think you have the antennae for serious objective discussion
Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 10:36 - Jun 3 with 983 viewsProfessor

Shocking.

A friend of mine is commanding officer (Colonel) of a reservist battalion. When he was a company commander (Major) he and his company took over in Basra. The situation broke down rapidly and the stories of the bravery, professionalism and commitment of part time soldiers is heartbreaking.

A school friend was a Corporal in the TA branch of the RMP. One of the men killed in this ambush

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/ambush-survivor-describes-desper

As brave, well-trained and as committed as any military. Let's just respect and support the men and women who protect our freedoms.

I think the vaccine roll out provided by army logistics is enough to show how good our forces are.
Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 11:02 - Jun 3 with 972 viewsBoundy

Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 10:06 - Jun 3 by controversial_jack

So, you didn't get your education from a text book or a teacher? Did you experience ww2 personally? Were you there when JFK was assassinated? I bet you learned all that from a book. Funny how that works, isn't it?

Yes I do and will continue to do so but I don't base my opinions on just reading books and that's probably that's why I don't sit in judgement on others or make sarky comments such as the ones you seem to make such as "fight their way out of a paper bag" , have you ever experienced a fire fight or have friends /colleagues killed doing a job you appear wouldn't do yourself.

Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 11:03 - Jun 3 with 970 viewscontroversial_jack

Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 10:36 - Jun 3 by Professor

A friend of mine is commanding officer (Colonel) of a reservist battalion. When he was a company commander (Major) he and his company took over in Basra. The situation broke down rapidly and the stories of the bravery, professionalism and commitment of part time soldiers is heartbreaking.

A school friend was a Corporal in the TA branch of the RMP. One of the men killed in this ambush

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/ambush-survivor-describes-desper

As brave, well-trained and as committed as any military. Let's just respect and support the men and women who protect our freedoms.

I think the vaccine roll out provided by army logistics is enough to show how good our forces are.

Brave, well-trained and committed is not enough though. Conflicts are decided on more than that.They were let down by govt and the Generals. Not enough troops on the ground to do anything worthwhile. The British Army in Afghanistan spent most of the time just defending themselves , they didn't have the boots on the ground to dominate any territory let alone pursue the enemy .

The Taliban learn by their mistakes. the full frontal attacks were easily repulsed, so they turned to a hit and run tactic which we had no answer too. The Americans brought in a surge of troops to actually go after the enemy. We don't have the resources to do that.
Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 12:38 - Jun 3 with 953 views1983

Here we go

3 Aircrew
8 SAS

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Mikado

Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 13:04 - Jun 3 with 946 viewscontroversial_jack

Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 12:38 - Jun 3 by 1983

Here we go

3 Aircrew
8 SAS

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Mikado

It was a disaster. Argentina is not some banana republic in Africa . It was and is a modern country
Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 14:47 - Jun 3 with 927 views1983

Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 13:04 - Jun 3 by controversial_jack

It was a disaster. Argentina is not some banana republic in Africa . It was and is a modern country

It was intended as a shot across the bow to them, they then knew we were in it to win and not to feck about..

Imagine if Argentina had sent a task force 1,000's of miles to the UK to take an occupied Jersey and it's special forces had also landed in South England and they had won!....No me neither so yes they are a banana republic they took their chance and failed miserably on their own doorstep.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024