Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Behind closed doors it is 00:04 - Dec 21 with 3585 viewsChief

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Behind closed doors it is on 00:30 - Dec 21 with 2802 viewsraynor94

The bloke is just drunk on power

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Behind closed doors it is on 00:39 - Dec 21 with 2792 viewsChief

So you can go to a crowded pub and watch sport, but you can't in the open air. Bizarre.

There's Welsh league clubs with clubhouses overlooking pitches that you can watch the game from, but you're not now allowed to watch it on the touchline.

Behind closed doors it is on 01:45 - Dec 21 with 2746 viewsKeithHaynes

It’s unbelievable nonsense Chief, good spot again mate.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56554/gethin-hell-swanse

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Behind closed doors it is on 04:43 - Dec 21 with 2677 viewsjasper_T

Behind closed doors it is on 00:39 - Dec 21 by Chief

So you can go to a crowded pub and watch sport, but you can't in the open air. Bizarre.

There's Welsh league clubs with clubhouses overlooking pitches that you can watch the game from, but you're not now allowed to watch it on the touchline.

Should all be banned for the foreseeable, you're right.
Behind closed doors it is on 05:41 - Dec 21 with 2658 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Behind closed doors it is on 04:43 - Dec 21 by jasper_T

Mark drakeford should be banned. Dangerous man.
Behind closed doors it is on 07:01 - Dec 21 with 2627 viewsScotia

A handful of people aren't allowed to watch their local rugby club on boxing day. They'll be in the open air and spread all around the pitch.

But thousands of people can pack in to theatres to watch the panto.

Thousands of Swans fans can go to the epicentre of omicron on boxing day to watch something they're forbidden to in Swansea.

Drakeford making stupid rules for the sake of it again.
Behind closed doors it is on 07:33 - Dec 21 with 2603 viewsbuilthjack

Should have had a full lockdown from midnight Xmas day.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2021 7:34]

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Behind closed doors it is on 07:43 - Dec 21 with 2577 viewsswan65split

Just Starting too ask myself why weve had track and trace, covid passports, and flow and go?

At this rate Wales will be part time for many years ,as there will probably be other variants!
Login to get fewer ads

Behind closed doors it is on 07:46 - Dec 21 with 2572 viewsWhiterockin

Behind closed doors it is on 07:43 - Dec 21 by swan65split

Just Starting too ask myself why weve had track and trace, covid passports, and flow and go?

At this rate Wales will be part time for many years ,as there will probably be other variants!

Wales will be part time as long as we have Drakeford.
Behind closed doors it is on 08:16 - Dec 21 with 2533 viewsKilkennyjack

Behind closed doors it is on 00:39 - Dec 21 by Chief

Spot on.

This does not make a lot of sense.

Beware of the Risen People

Behind closed doors it is on 08:46 - Dec 21 with 2483 viewspencoedjack

Behind closed doors it is on 07:01 - Dec 21 by Scotia

A handful of people aren't allowed to watch their local rugby club on boxing day. They'll be in the open air and spread all around the pitch.

Thousands of Swans fans can go to the epicentre of omicron on boxing day to watch something they're forbidden to in Swansea.

This with bells on
Behind closed doors it is on 08:59 - Dec 21 with 2471 viewsjojaca

Music to my ears if true, no more annoying lateral flow tests to attend.

Even when you know, you never know?

Behind closed doors it is on 09:04 - Dec 21 with 2455 viewsLittleEnglandJack

These sort of blanket decisions are absolutely scandalous. Like has been said, the transmission risk of 50 odd people jammed into a pub is far greater than a couple hundred stood around the touchline for a welsh league game.

Can only assume this means we're back into effective lockdown after Xmas. We're going to be dealing with this for the rest of time, are we really happy to shut society down every time we have a wave of highly infectious but relatively mild infection?

I'm sat here now isolating with it it now, and it is basically a mild cold. If I didn't know it was Covid in pre-Covid times I'd be out and about with it no problems. We need to get to a stage where we move away from mass testing, 10 day isolation etc. and take a common sense approach- e.g isolate if you are feeling unwell until you are feeling better. At times when infection is particularly rife we should be advising the vulnerable to shield for a few weeks whilst the worst of it passes over.

Obviously the unvaccinated still cause an issue- needless to say the more people we have vaccinated the easier it is to pursue the above policy as the likelihood of hospitals being overwhelmed by sheer numbers of severe infection is diminished.

The worst thing about it all is these measures always, always drag on for far, far longer than they need to out of an over abundance of caution that according to Drakeford we all absolutely love. Now maybe it'll be different this time because the will to actually pay for these shutdowns is rapidly fading, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if we don't see a full house again at home until the Spring.
Behind closed doors it is on 09:27 - Dec 21 with 2410 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Behind closed doors it is on 09:04 - Dec 21 by LittleEnglandJack

These sort of blanket decisions are absolutely scandalous. Like has been said, the transmission risk of 50 odd people jammed into a pub is far greater than a couple hundred stood around the touchline for a welsh league game.

Can only assume this means we're back into effective lockdown after Xmas. We're going to be dealing with this for the rest of time, are we really happy to shut society down every time we have a wave of highly infectious but relatively mild infection?

I'm sat here now isolating with it it now, and it is basically a mild cold. If I didn't know it was Covid in pre-Covid times I'd be out and about with it no problems. We need to get to a stage where we move away from mass testing, 10 day isolation etc. and take a common sense approach- e.g isolate if you are feeling unwell until you are feeling better. At times when infection is particularly rife we should be advising the vulnerable to shield for a few weeks whilst the worst of it passes over.

Obviously the unvaccinated still cause an issue- needless to say the more people we have vaccinated the easier it is to pursue the above policy as the likelihood of hospitals being overwhelmed by sheer numbers of severe infection is diminished.

The worst thing about it all is these measures always, always drag on for far, far longer than they need to out of an over abundance of caution that according to Drakeford we all absolutely love. Now maybe it'll be different this time because the will to actually pay for these shutdowns is rapidly fading, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if we don't see a full house again at home until the Spring.

Drakeford has lost the plot. It is just tokenism that will have little or no impact on the spread of the virus. On average only two rugby matches and two football matches a week in Wales will have outdoor crowds of more than 4,000 and everyone who attends will have to show a vaccine passport.

In comparison around a million people a week in Wales are free to visits indoor theatres, shops, retail parks, pubs and other entertainment venues. Of that million, 100,000 will be unvaccinated. The science clearly proves indoor events spread rhe virus more than those in fresh air and of course the unvaccinated catch and spread it the most.

There is no democracy in Wales as this has not even been debated in the so called Parliament called the SENEDD.
It is a decree from Drakeford.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Behind closed doors it is on 10:09 - Dec 21 with 2362 viewsjasper_T

I'm glad everyone in the thread agrees that pubs and theatres should close immediately. Although I'm sure some would change their tune if/when it actually happens.
Behind closed doors it is on 11:24 - Dec 21 with 2299 viewsScotia

Behind closed doors it is on 10:09 - Dec 21 by jasper_T

I'm glad everyone in the thread agrees that pubs and theatres should close immediately. Although I'm sure some would change their tune if/when it actually happens.

I don't agree. Closure is premature.

I also think that a blanket ban on all crowds in sport is incredibly premature. A reduction in capacity or mask wearing may be justified but a complete ban isn't. How far will a ÂŁ3million grant go across all spectator sport in Wales? It's a pittance.

We MAY be in a position where we need to see some restrictions, but ultimately we don't know yet. Even the restriction happy Jeremy farrar has said it is too early to make these decisions yet.

It is obvious now that indoor hospitality at least will close in Wales soon. So what do these businesses do? Do they order stock? Do they arrange staff? Do they close now? Will staff get furlough pay?

They don't know becasue they haven't been told evewn though the path is pretty obvious.

It's the same old from Drakeford, he'll make decisons purely to be different to Sturgeon and Boris. I can't believe the Welsh public re-elected him.
Behind closed doors it is on 11:39 - Dec 21 with 2279 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Behind closed doors it is on 09:27 - Dec 21 by felixstowe_jack

Drakeford has lost the plot. It is just tokenism that will have little or no impact on the spread of the virus. On average only two rugby matches and two football matches a week in Wales will have outdoor crowds of more than 4,000 and everyone who attends will have to show a vaccine passport.

In comparison around a million people a week in Wales are free to visits indoor theatres, shops, retail parks, pubs and other entertainment venues. Of that million, 100,000 will be unvaccinated. The science clearly proves indoor events spread rhe virus more than those in fresh air and of course the unvaccinated catch and spread it the most.

There is no democracy in Wales as this has not even been debated in the so called Parliament called the SENEDD.
It is a decree from Drakeford.

No parliamentary debate, just arbitrary decisions in Wales.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Behind closed doors it is on 12:06 - Dec 21 with 2253 viewsChief

Behind closed doors it is on 04:43 - Dec 21 by jasper_T

You're just pretending people are agreeing with you when they aren't for some reason.

I've not given my opinion whether I think pubs / bars / any indoor entertainment should be shut.

Behind closed doors it is on 12:07 - Dec 21 with 2253 viewsCatullus

Behind closed doors it is on 07:01 - Dec 21 by Scotia

It is absolutely senseless. My local rugby club, Skewen, they can see the pitch from the clubhouse so they could crowd in there and try to watch. While doing so they can drink beer and be too close together.

The epicentre, as you put it, how many jacks will catch Omicron up in London and bring it home? When I told my son about the sports lockdown but that they could still go to games in England, he asked if we could go Boxing day. Then has asked if he'll be going to school on the 6th because "I can't sit outdoors to watch football but I can be in a class with 30 people, sitting close together, why is that fair?"

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Behind closed doors it is on 12:10 - Dec 21 with 2248 viewsBadlands

Behind closed doors it is on 11:39 - Dec 21 by JACKMANANDBOY

No parliamentary debate, just arbitrary decisions in Wales.

Decision taken after consultation with support of the Senedd … this is a small aspect of limited devolution allowed by our English overlords.
How about no parliamentary debate on ÂŁbillions given to private companies, startups of mates, unfulfilled contracts, brexit deal, covid response, umpteen other examples of bypassing Westminster Parliament.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Behind closed doors it is on 12:13 - Dec 21 with 2248 viewsGixerJack

Behind closed doors it is on 11:24 - Dec 21 by Scotia

I don't agree. Closure is premature.

I also think that a blanket ban on all crowds in sport is incredibly premature. A reduction in capacity or mask wearing may be justified but a complete ban isn't. How far will a ÂŁ3million grant go across all spectator sport in Wales? It's a pittance.

We MAY be in a position where we need to see some restrictions, but ultimately we don't know yet. Even the restriction happy Jeremy farrar has said it is too early to make these decisions yet.

It is obvious now that indoor hospitality at least will close in Wales soon. So what do these businesses do? Do they order stock? Do they arrange staff? Do they close now? Will staff get furlough pay?

They don't know becasue they haven't been told evewn though the path is pretty obvious.

It's the same old from Drakeford, he'll make decisons purely to be different to Sturgeon and Boris. I can't believe the Welsh public re-elected him.

I don’t profess to be an expert but surely the best time to take preventative action is before a sharp upturn of infections because if you wait until you’re in the middle of one it’s already too late.

However, I do agree that differentiating between sport and other mass gatherings is difficult to understand beyond the cost involved with placing restrictions on the hospitality industry.
Behind closed doors it is on 16:09 - Dec 21 with 2123 viewswhiterock

Boris will follow, he's just more of a ditherer and has been caught out because of the parties held at No10

Mark Drakeford is only the messenger here in Wales, the Chief Medical Officer and his team are pulling the strings
Behind closed doors it is on 18:51 - Dec 21 with 2065 viewsScotia

Behind closed doors it is on 12:13 - Dec 21 by GixerJack

I don’t profess to be an expert but surely the best time to take preventative action is before a sharp upturn of infections because if you wait until you’re in the middle of one it’s already too late.

However, I do agree that differentiating between sport and other mass gatherings is difficult to understand beyond the cost involved with placing restrictions on the hospitality industry.

I agree, but to me this just smacks of making an easy snap decision while leaving others in the dark.

Sturgeon has been clearer and more pragmatic.
Behind closed doors it is on 19:13 - Dec 21 with 2052 views73__73

King Canute aka Mark Drakeford is at it again.
What have the welsh done to deserve such a clown 🤡

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Behind closed doors it is on 19:16 - Dec 21 with 2046 viewsbuilthjack

Behind closed doors it is on 16:09 - Dec 21 by whiterock

Boris will follow, he's just more of a ditherer and has been caught out because of the parties held at No10

Mark Drakeford is only the messenger here in Wales, the Chief Medical Officer and his team are pulling the strings

Spot on

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024