Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New investment? 15:04 - Jan 19 with 3396 viewsChief

Yesterday an article on here about O'Reilly featured this comment:

"The club have also secured investment from their part owners in the USA for player expenditure, and have interest accruing still on a variety of investments. This has all been put in place and agreed by Director Jake Silverstein this month."

I did ask for clarification but people were understandably focused on O'Reilly, so this probably needs a thread of its own (it is not a thread on the merits of the trust or legal case), it's just to try and establish some facts. What do these snippets mean?

Have the owners / Silverstein loaned the club more money than their initial £10mill or so from 14/15 months ago?

If so, how much?

And interest - is the club paying interest on things? What are these investments?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

New investment? on 15:09 - Jan 19 with 2316 viewsBadlands

O'Riley seems to be going to Celtic so that cash isn't needed.
Paterson is off with Bidwell and Fulton so loan fee for Wolf is covered (but could well be quite low anyway as we are doing his club a big favour IMO).
I'd like to see another left back and centre forward but otherwise our squad is good.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

New investment? on 15:15 - Jan 19 with 2291 viewsChief

New investment? on 15:09 - Jan 19 by Badlands

O'Riley seems to be going to Celtic so that cash isn't needed.
Paterson is off with Bidwell and Fulton so loan fee for Wolf is covered (but could well be quite low anyway as we are doing his club a big favour IMO).
I'd like to see another left back and centre forward but otherwise our squad is good.

But what cash is it?

Where's it from?

How much is it?

New investment? on 15:19 - Jan 19 with 2275 viewsKeithHaynes

I think we have funds chief, and we have something on O’Riley going to Celtic, who have an option on Wolf in the summer ( working on it ) It all seems a bit coincidental, we shall see.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

New investment? on 15:20 - Jan 19 with 2270 viewsWhiterockin

New investment? on 15:15 - Jan 19 by Chief

But what cash is it?

Where's it from?

How much is it?

Loan against the 2 outstanding payments due on the Rodon deal? About £5M?
New investment? on 15:21 - Jan 19 with 2270 viewsChief

New investment? on 15:19 - Jan 19 by KeithHaynes

I think we have funds chief, and we have something on O’Riley going to Celtic, who have an option on Wolf in the summer ( working on it ) It all seems a bit coincidental, we shall see.

And are these funds in the shape of additional loans into the club as alluded to in the article?

New investment? on 15:24 - Jan 19 with 2239 viewsBadlands

New investment? on 15:21 - Jan 19 by Chief

And are these funds in the shape of additional loans into the club as alluded to in the article?

Could be, although the players leaving look to be freeing up more than we need for the ones coming in as long as we don't break the bank trying to sign any more MK Dons.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

New investment? on 15:28 - Jan 19 with 2212 viewsChief

New investment? on 15:20 - Jan 19 by Whiterockin

Loan against the 2 outstanding payments due on the Rodon deal? About £5M?

The article mentions 'investment' from the owners as well though

New investment? on 15:31 - Jan 19 with 2203 viewsChief

New investment? on 15:24 - Jan 19 by Badlands

Could be, although the players leaving look to be freeing up more than we need for the ones coming in as long as we don't break the bank trying to sign any more MK Dons.

Yes there's proceeds from players leaving, but I reiterate:

"The club have also secured investment from their part owners in the USA for player expenditure, and have interest accruing still on a variety of investments. This has all been put in place and agreed by Director Jake Silverstein this month."

Does this mean the owners / Silverstein have loaned the club more money?

Login to get fewer ads

New investment? on 16:04 - Jan 19 with 2120 viewsKeithHaynes

New investment? on 15:21 - Jan 19 by Chief

I’ve no idea mate, we just report what we can based on what we have explained regards how we analyse information and grade it. I’m happy this is right, however where the money comes from ?
Others are better than me at that.

New investment? on 16:24 - Jan 19 with 2046 viewsChief

New investment? on 16:04 - Jan 19 by KeithHaynes

I’ve no idea mate, we just report what we can based on what we have explained regards how we analyse information and grade it. I’m happy this is right, however where the money comes from ?
Others are better than me at that.

So what made you / the author come to the conclusion that

- Silverstein secured money from the owners (if indeed that is what the article says)

And

- the club was paying interest on investments? (If indeed that is what the article says)

New investment? on 16:41 - Jan 19 with 1997 viewsDr_Winston

New investment? on 15:31 - Jan 19 by Chief

Yes there's proceeds from players leaving, but I reiterate:

Does this mean the owners / Silverstein have loaned the club more money?

The "interest accruing on a variety of investments" part suggests to me that the club has money incoming from investmeniit has made rather than owing money to others.

Here's hoping we took a punt on Amazon and Tesla stock before the Pandemic.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

New investment? on 16:47 - Jan 19 with 1987 viewsChief

New investment? on 16:41 - Jan 19 by Dr_Winston

The "interest accruing on a variety of investments" part suggests to me that the club has money incoming from investmeniit has made rather than owing money to others.

Here's hoping we took a punt on Amazon and Tesla stock before the Pandemic.

Yea it could well be.

But without clarification, we're guessing.

New investment? on 16:53 - Jan 19 with 1973 viewsKeithHaynes

New investment? on 16:24 - Jan 19 by Chief

So what made you / the author come to the conclusion that

- Silverstein secured money from the owners (if indeed that is what the article says)

And

- the club was paying interest on investments? (If indeed that is what the article says)

Because based on our evaluation of the information, the sources who already have served us well, and the grading of that Information we believe it to be true. But no way ever will we disclose or compromise those who support us. We can go back to the cooper story on June 3rd, the Piroe signing 2 weeks before he was officially announced, Paterson leaving training on Thursday, Williams going back to Liverpool, Fisher agreed in December, yesterdays new signing from abroad, Bidwell available for transfer in December, etc etc. And countless other reports which have all become reality. That’s just a snapshot. Okay we put our balls on the line sometimes, but overall I think it pays off.

I’ve added a few 😂

This post has been edited by an administrator

New investment? on 17:36 - Jan 19 with 1865 viewsChief

New investment? on 16:53 - Jan 19 by KeithHaynes

Because based on our evaluation of the information, the sources who already have served us well, and the grading of that Information we believe it to be true. But no way ever will we disclose or compromise those who support us. We can go back to the cooper story on June 3rd, the Piroe signing 2 weeks before he was officially announced, Paterson leaving training on Thursday, Williams going back to Liverpool, Fisher agreed in December, yesterdays new signing from abroad, Bidwell available for transfer in December, etc etc. And countless other reports which have all become reality. That’s just a snapshot. Okay we put our balls on the line sometimes, but overall I think it pays off.

I’ve added a few 😂

This post has been edited by an administrator

Yea I'm not asking for you reveal your sources, just to confirm what I think I've read in the article.

And that was that Silverstein / Americans have increased the initial loan that they put in a while ago. So they have loaned the club more money?

And gave the club invested in something and are gaining interest from it? Or is the club having to paid interest on something?

New investment? on 17:45 - Jan 19 with 1849 viewsKeithHaynes

New investment? on 17:36 - Jan 19 by Chief

Yea I'm not asking for you reveal your sources, just to confirm what I think I've read in the article.

And that was that Silverstein / Americans have increased the initial loan that they put in a while ago. So they have loaned the club more money?

And gave the club invested in something and are gaining interest from it? Or is the club having to paid interest on something?

If I was to speculate, I would say there’s extra cash from the USA, not a loan.

New investment? on 17:47 - Jan 19 with 1844 viewsChief

New investment? on 17:45 - Jan 19 by KeithHaynes

If I was to speculate, I would say there’s extra cash from the USA, not a loan.

So they've given the club a no strings attached gift!?

New investment? on 17:50 - Jan 19 with 1830 viewsKeithHaynes

New investment? on 17:47 - Jan 19 by Chief

I surmise that’s what they have done as investors ? That’s me speaking, btw.

New investment? on 17:58 - Jan 19 with 1801 viewsChief

New investment? on 17:50 - Jan 19 by KeithHaynes

I surmise that’s what they have done as investors ? That’s me speaking, btw.

Yea but this part of the reason why this needs clarification. The term investment or investing has been used a lot over the years for them buying shares in the club, and also when they loaned the club money. Neither of which I'd class as the type of investment that they / the press have tried to pass it off as. So forgive my cynicism.

But this time, you say it's different and they have put their own money into the club's accounts and do not want it paid back from the club's accounts?

Is there any further information available regarding the terms of this 'gift'?

New investment? on 18:20 - Jan 19 with 1764 viewsKeithHaynes

New investment? on 17:58 - Jan 19 by Chief

Yea but this part of the reason why this needs clarification. The term investment or investing has been used a lot over the years for them buying shares in the club, and also when they loaned the club money. Neither of which I'd class as the type of investment that they / the press have tried to pass it off as. So forgive my cynicism.

But this time, you say it's different and they have put their own money into the club's accounts and do not want it paid back from the club's accounts?

Is there any further information available regarding the terms of this 'gift'?

Again if I was to be pushed, I would personally say enough to get one man City player in.

New investment? on 18:22 - Jan 19 with 1756 viewsReslovenSwan1

New investment? on 17:47 - Jan 19 by Chief

Do not be silly Chief. Why would they gift the club anything?. You might do that as a single owner but not with other shareholders. Sam Hamman gave Cardiff city gifts and wants it all back with interest 15 years later.

It has to be an investment in the Convertible loan note which will be converted into new shares in the future. I say this loan note will be converted as the club cannot at present pay it back. You say it is a loan which will be paid back with interest that the club does not need.

The good old days of Huw Jenkins pulling rabbits out of hats is over. What he did was outstanding but very hard to repeat. Until the fans recognise this there is little hope for them.

It could be that Mr Silverstein has received a payment from the sale of his interests in Houston Dynamo and put it in the CLN for Martin to use. O'Riley and Darling could be a distractions with another Euro hot shot showing up next week. The CLN was thought to be £10m but in his latest update it was £13m. Perhaps it has edged up again?. It seems very unlikely Silverstein would bale out in my opinion.

As I have been telling the forums for about 9 years now the Trusts holding is far too big and always was. Dilution was inevitable but nothing to worry about. The wealth of the trust depends on the success on the field not dilution. Football inflation is greater than dilution so monetary value is notionally unaffected.

Wise sage since Toshack era

New investment? on 18:24 - Jan 19 with 1750 viewsBillyChong

I don’t understand this bit “…..and have interest accruing still on a variety of investments….”. What is the club accruing interest on? Nothing I’d have thought.
Or is it the investors accruing interest on loans to the club?
New investment? on 18:26 - Jan 19 with 1738 viewsKeithHaynes

New investment? on 18:24 - Jan 19 by BillyChong

I don’t understand this bit “…..and have interest accruing still on a variety of investments….”. What is the club accruing interest on? Nothing I’d have thought.

Good point, well made.

New investment? on 18:28 - Jan 19 with 1736 viewsChief

New investment? on 18:22 - Jan 19 by ReslovenSwan1

Do not be silly Chief. Why would they gift the club anything?. You might do that as a single owner but not with other shareholders. Sam Hamman gave Cardiff city gifts and wants it all back with interest 15 years later.

It has to be an investment in the Convertible loan note which will be converted into new shares in the future. I say this loan note will be converted as the club cannot at present pay it back. You say it is a loan which will be paid back with interest that the club does not need.

The good old days of Huw Jenkins pulling rabbits out of hats is over. What he did was outstanding but very hard to repeat. Until the fans recognise this there is little hope for them.

It could be that Mr Silverstein has received a payment from the sale of his interests in Houston Dynamo and put it in the CLN for Martin to use. O'Riley and Darling could be a distractions with another Euro hot shot showing up next week. The CLN was thought to be £10m but in his latest update it was £13m. Perhaps it has edged up again?. It seems very unlikely Silverstein would bale out in my opinion.

As I have been telling the forums for about 9 years now the Trusts holding is far too big and always was. Dilution was inevitable but nothing to worry about. The wealth of the trust depends on the success on the field not dilution. Football inflation is greater than dilution so monetary value is notionally unaffected.

Well please read up - I'm just reitering what Keith has said. It's not a loan. So how else am to interpret this 'investment'?

New investment? on 18:32 - Jan 19 with 1723 viewsChief

Yes it's a confusing sentence.

The loans they loaned about 13 months back are accruing interest that club has to pay them. Would that loan constitute a 'variety' of investments?

And the line is included in the article as if it's a good thing.

Come on lads what does all this actually mean? Do we really need to go through this cryptic dance?

New investment? on 18:37 - Jan 19 with 1707 viewsThornburyswan

Yeh suspect that aspect is the 5% interest which is tagged to the convertible loans, if/when they convert the rolled up interest can be converted to additional shares, paid by the club or struck off (if the loan provider(s) so chooses).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024