Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Colin Calderwood 07:25 - May 19 with 9481 viewsChief

Joining the coaching team. Replacement for Luke Williams?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Colin Calderwood on 09:12 - May 30 with 3049 viewsmagicdaps10

Colin Calderwood on 08:51 - May 30 by vetchonian

But how often does that coaching team get changed during a managers regin at a club?

My point is should we see success next season....the Martin lovers will be all over this board but if these rumours re Calderwood are true and he comes who should get the plaudits?

It amazes me that as an ex defender himself Martin cannnot seem to get his teams to defend

It could be said that getting Calderwood in and it works, could be said that Martin played a blinder.... Not saying it but looking at it from the other side.

I hear you but you can look at it anyway you want. Let's see how it goes before we start looking for issues and blame.

Hey, if it works then both deserve the plaudits surely!

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Colin Calderwood on 16:22 - May 30 with 2859 viewsSTID2017

Colin Calderwood on 08:51 - May 30 by vetchonian

But how often does that coaching team get changed during a managers regin at a club?

My point is should we see success next season....the Martin lovers will be all over this board but if these rumours re Calderwood are true and he comes who should get the plaudits?

It amazes me that as an ex defender himself Martin cannnot seem to get his teams to defend

If the defence is vastly improved next season then I think Calderwood will take the plaudits for that.
However, ultimately it is up to Martin to decide on line ups, formation, substitutions, etc as well as which players he would like to see here.
Provided he is supported by the owners ( within the financial constraints we know will apply ), then he ( Martin ) will either get the plaudits if successful or if not possibly the sack

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Colin Calderwood on 16:30 - May 30 with 2846 viewsvetchonian

Colin Calderwood on 16:22 - May 30 by STID2017

If the defence is vastly improved next season then I think Calderwood will take the plaudits for that.
However, ultimately it is up to Martin to decide on line ups, formation, substitutions, etc as well as which players he would like to see here.
Provided he is supported by the owners ( within the financial constraints we know will apply ), then he ( Martin ) will either get the plaudits if successful or if not possibly the sack

still though makes one wonder how it is a manager who is an ex defender cannot get his team to defend?

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Colin Calderwood on 16:37 - May 30 with 2834 viewsvetchonian

the question is also is Calderwood actually coming?

https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport/football/brady-admits-expectations-will

Colin Calderwood on 18:10 - May 30 with 2765 viewsSTID2017

Colin Calderwood on 16:30 - May 30 by vetchonian

still though makes one wonder how it is a manager who is an ex defender cannot get his team to defend?

I agree, defence should be his forte

Colin Calderwood on 20:28 - May 30 with 2679 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Colin Calderwood on 08:00 - May 19 by OptimisticJack

A very good appointment.
Has a lot of experience. Knows Russell Martin well and should compliment him.
[Post edited 19 May 2022 8:31]

“That’s a lovely jumper Russell, you look very smart today.”
Colin Calderwood on 00:34 - May 31 with 2575 viewsAndyCole

Colin Calderwood on 20:28 - May 30 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

“That’s a lovely jumper Russell, you look very smart today.”

We need far more of this here Flynni.

Some of us have raised the bar significantly - showing the way with proper vocabulary, new words, new ways of saying stuff - and as a result there are a few here in particular who are now adopting an altogether higher level of vocabulary (I shan't name names and embarrass them. Yet)

It's such a shame that the likes of Gwyn and the primary school teachers here are unable to carry that baton to the next stage.

Let's hope this rallying call will enthuse the primary teachers here to continue the education process for those that still need it........ (no names, ofc)

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Colin Calderwood on 16:07 - May 31 with 2481 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Colin Calderwood on 00:34 - May 31 by AndyCole

We need far more of this here Flynni.

Some of us have raised the bar significantly - showing the way with proper vocabulary, new words, new ways of saying stuff - and as a result there are a few here in particular who are now adopting an altogether higher level of vocabulary (I shan't name names and embarrass them. Yet)

It's such a shame that the likes of Gwyn and the primary school teachers here are unable to carry that baton to the next stage.

Let's hope this rallying call will enthuse the primary teachers here to continue the education process for those that still need it........ (no names, ofc)

I try to learn a new word everyday. Todays word is callipygian. But I’m afraid to use it in public without getting a slap.
Login to get fewer ads

Colin Calderwood on 16:10 - May 31 with 2480 viewsmagicdaps10

Colin Calderwood on 16:07 - May 31 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

I try to learn a new word everyday. Todays word is callipygian. But I’m afraid to use it in public without getting a slap.

There are some perfectly formed ones on here Flynnie 😂

Colin Calderwood on 16:19 - May 31 with 2451 viewsonehunglow

Colin Calderwood on 16:07 - May 31 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

I come across new words,then practise saying them.
Next day forgotten.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Colin Calderwood on 12:20 - Jun 2 with 2324 viewsOptimisticJack

I must have missed something here but has he joined us or not?

Optimisticjack

Colin Calderwood on 00:14 - Jun 3 with 2240 viewsSTID2017

Colin Calderwood on 12:20 - Jun 2 by OptimisticJack

I must have missed something here but has he joined us or not?

I understood he will be joining us as soon as agreement is reached with Northampton to release him ?

Colin Calderwood on 00:16 - Jun 3 with 2239 viewsChief

Colin Calderwood on 00:14 - Jun 3 by STID2017

I understood he will be joining us as soon as agreement is reached with Northampton to release him ?

As the instigator of this thread, I apologise if this this doesn't transpire.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Colin Calderwood on 00:37 - Jun 3 with 2223 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Colin Calderwood on 00:16 - Jun 3 by Chief

You are Robin Sharpe and I claim my five pounds

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Colin Calderwood on 07:15 - Jun 3 with 2181 viewsSTID2017

Colin Calderwood on 00:16 - Jun 3 by Chief

All I have read seems to point towards his joining us.
Really hope he does as we could do with his experience on the coaching side, especially to improve the defence

Colin Calderwood on 09:06 - Jun 3 with 2137 viewsvetchonian

Colin Calderwood on 07:15 - Jun 3 by STID2017

All I have read seems to point towards his joining us.
Really hope he does as we could do with his experience on the coaching side, especially to improve the defence

possibly not...I posted this earlier an article from Monday last

https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport/football/brady-admits-expectations-will

Colin Calderwood on 09:38 - Jun 3 with 2120 viewsmagicdaps10

Not sure what is happening here, reported as if it was all but done but not a thing since.

Calderwood along with this new guy Marsh were with clubs so some form of compo would be required for one if not both, will this be something that might be holding up the completion?

You can bet your bottom dollar if he doesn't come then blame will be put towards Russell Martin in some shape or form, a bit like the Pato situation that has nothing to do with Martin at all.

Colin Calderwood on 22:30 - Jun 4 with 1971 viewsAndyCole

Colin Calderwood on 09:38 - Jun 3 by magicdaps10

Not sure what is happening here, reported as if it was all but done but not a thing since.

Calderwood along with this new guy Marsh were with clubs so some form of compo would be required for one if not both, will this be something that might be holding up the completion?

You can bet your bottom dollar if he doesn't come then blame will be put towards Russell Martin in some shape or form, a bit like the Pato situation that has nothing to do with Martin at all.

Hang on a cotton pickin moment here Daps/Smurph/Vetchfield et al - you saying you have no handle on your regressing 'scoop' ?

You saying your only source Dai from Port Talbot let you down, yet again ? Poor show, for all your faux bravado, as per.

Some of us know. Always. Pretenders like you look, but will never ever see.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Colin Calderwood on 13:21 - Jun 15 with 1788 viewsvetchonian

Colin Calderwood on 22:30 - Jun 4 by AndyCole

Hang on a cotton pickin moment here Daps/Smurph/Vetchfield et al - you saying you have no handle on your regressing 'scoop' ?

You saying your only source Dai from Port Talbot let you down, yet again ? Poor show, for all your faux bravado, as per.

Some of us know. Always. Pretenders like you look, but will never ever see.

doubt this is happening now following the announcement re Matt Gill......

Colin Calderwood on 15:35 - Jun 15 with 1679 viewshuwrichards57

Colin Calderwood on 13:21 - Jun 15 by vetchonian

doubt this is happening now following the announcement re Matt Gill......

It is still happening. Always planned that Matt Gill would become assistant and Calderwood will become first team coach
Colin Calderwood on 17:25 - Jun 15 with 1581 viewsKeithHaynes

Colin Calderwood on 15:35 - Jun 15 by huwrichards57

It is still happening. Always planned that Matt Gill would become assistant and Calderwood will become first team coach

Possibly any announcement if there is one will be made in July. No clubs like paying salaries in the closed season.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Colin Calderwood on 17:34 - Jun 15 with 1560 viewshuwrichards57

Colin Calderwood on 17:25 - Jun 15 by KeithHaynes

Possibly any announcement if there is one will be made in July. No clubs like paying salaries in the closed season.

The players are back Friday though think I read?
[Post edited 15 Jun 2022 17:35]
Colin Calderwood on 18:08 - Jun 15 with 1513 viewsvetchonian

doubt it as it will be a step down from his current role where he also responsible for recruitment....but time may well prove me wrong
[Post edited 15 Jun 2022 18:10]

Colin Calderwood on 18:09 - Jun 15 with 1516 viewsKeithHaynes

Colin Calderwood on 17:34 - Jun 15 by huwrichards57

The players are back Friday though think I read?
[Post edited 15 Jun 2022 17:35]

Agreed but new contracts was more my point.
The amount of money available is almost nothing at the moment.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Colin Calderwood on 20:21 - Jun 24 with 1095 viewsvetchonian

seems that its not

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024