Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brazilians are buying the club (n/t) 10:22 - May 20 with 4747 viewsChief

[Post edited 20 May 2022 10:23]

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Brazilians are buying the club (n/t) on 10:26 - May 20 with 2961 viewsBryanSwan

I would take this story with a pinch of salt, would the Americans be willing to take a big loss to sell?
Any info on who Leandro Rodrigues is apart from this article.
https://the72.co.uk/273682/brazilian-entrepreneur-leandro-rodrigues-claims-to-be

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Brazilians are buying the club (n/t) on 10:33 - May 20 with 2929 viewsLorax

Brazilians are buying the club (n/t) on 10:26 - May 20 by BryanSwan

I would take this story with a pinch of salt, would the Americans be willing to take a big loss to sell?
Any info on who Leandro Rodrigues is apart from this article.
https://the72.co.uk/273682/brazilian-entrepreneur-leandro-rodrigues-claims-to-be

They won't take a loss, the shareholders won't allow it. This story must be fake.
Brazilians are buying the club (n/t) on 10:35 - May 20 with 2915 viewsmax936

Brazilians are buying the club (n/t) on 10:33 - May 20 by Lorax

They won't take a loss, the shareholders won't allow it. This story must be fake.

A bit of a fib you mean

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Brazilians are buying the club (n/t) on 10:40 - May 20 with 2883 viewsChief

I'm pretty sure it's complete nonsense

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Brazilians are buying the club (n/t) on 10:42 - May 20 with 2845 viewsDr_Parnassus

He says it is reported in Oliberal publication.

The only reference to Swansea I can see in their records is reporting the loss to Man City years ago.

Red flag on this one.

https://www.oliberal.com/esportes/futebol?q=swansea

(Scrap that, I see it now. Still sounds odd though.)
[Post edited 20 May 2022 10:45]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Brazilians are buying the club (n/t) on 10:43 - May 20 with 2857 viewsKeithHaynes

Where is that salt.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Brazilians are buying the club (n/t) on 10:47 - May 20 with 2821 viewsLorax

Brazilians are buying the club (n/t) on 10:43 - May 20 by KeithHaynes

Where is that salt.

It's already all used up, need to buy some more.
Brazilians are buying the club (n/t) on 10:48 - May 20 with 2810 viewsDr_Winston

Shareholders allow losses all the time, even more so if they think they might lose more by hanging on. It's a basic reality of shareholding. You win some, you lose some. None of those involved will lose their shirts over their investments in the club. Most probably used it as a handy tax write off when we got relegated.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Brazilians are buying the club (n/t) on 10:49 - May 20 with 2812 viewsKeithHaynes

Brazilians are buying the club (n/t) on 10:47 - May 20 by Lorax

It's already all used up, need to buy some more.

Joe Allen had a lot of it.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Brazilians are buying the club (n/t) on 10:58 - May 20 with 2787 viewsLorax

Brazilians are buying the club (n/t) on 10:49 - May 20 by KeithHaynes

Joe Allen had a lot of it.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=AZ7PJAI8&id=DF86F5
Brazilians are buying the club (n/t) on 11:03 - May 20 with 2764 viewsBryanSwan

Brazilians are buying the club (n/t) on 10:48 - May 20 by Dr_Winston

Shareholders allow losses all the time, even more so if they think they might lose more by hanging on. It's a basic reality of shareholding. You win some, you lose some. None of those involved will lose their shirts over their investments in the club. Most probably used it as a handy tax write off when we got relegated.

Could quite possibly be right, with parachute payments they were gambling on a quick return to the prem to recoup losses. Maybe they dont have the appetite for that anymore with even less income.
Although i cant see this being an accurate story.

Brazilians are buying the club (n/t) on 11:06 - May 20 with 2746 viewsDr_Winston

Brazilians are buying the club (n/t) on 11:03 - May 20 by BryanSwan

Could quite possibly be right, with parachute payments they were gambling on a quick return to the prem to recoup losses. Maybe they dont have the appetite for that anymore with even less income.
Although i cant see this being an accurate story.

I don't doubt some Brazilian chancer has dropped our name somewhere for some reason. Whether he's got the cash to complete the deal or if he's remotely "fit and proper" who knows?

The short sighted eejits will be drooling at the prospect of anyone else taking over no matter how things turn out. The more sensible will be concerned that three years of hard work getting the club onto solid financial footing might be pissed away.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Brazilians are buying the club (n/t) on 11:10 - May 20 with 2743 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Hope they bring some new fans over with them

Brazilians are buying the club (n/t) on 11:11 - May 20 with 2736 viewsonehunglow

Brazilians are buying the club (n/t) on 11:10 - May 20 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

Hope they bring some new fans over with them

I wish.
Not bothered about that female.

NO OFFENCE

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Brazilians are buying the club (n/t) on 11:13 - May 20 with 2734 viewsBryanSwan

Brazilians are buying the club (n/t) on 11:06 - May 20 by Dr_Winston

I don't doubt some Brazilian chancer has dropped our name somewhere for some reason. Whether he's got the cash to complete the deal or if he's remotely "fit and proper" who knows?

The short sighted eejits will be drooling at the prospect of anyone else taking over no matter how things turn out. The more sensible will be concerned that three years of hard work getting the club onto solid financial footing might be pissed away.

In my opinion the owners get a lot of undeserved hate. They have made mistakes, but currently i think they are doing an alright job and i would rather be in our position than a number of other clubs. Would rather stick with them than risk becoming a basket case of a club like so many others in the championship (or not as the case may be)

Brazilians are buying the club (n/t) on 11:17 - May 20 with 2729 viewsLorax

Brazilians are buying the club (n/t) on 10:48 - May 20 by Dr_Winston

Oh I understand that but given what the owners have been saying, I dont think they'd allow it. They want the club to be sustainable, they want us producing players and then selling for profit, it's a long term deal and I don't think they will accept losing money, not yet anyway.

At the very least I expect any sale to be made after we have sold this years crown jewels, if they leave they will cash in as much as they can first. I know that could affect the clubs value too but they will want the best deal possible. If the club was sold now, Silverstein would want his loan paying back to start with.
Brazilians are buying the club (n/t) on 11:23 - May 20 with 2701 viewsonehunglow

Brazilians are buying the club (n/t) on 11:13 - May 20 by BryanSwan

In my opinion the owners get a lot of undeserved hate. They have made mistakes, but currently i think they are doing an alright job and i would rather be in our position than a number of other clubs. Would rather stick with them than risk becoming a basket case of a club like so many others in the championship (or not as the case may be)

It's not hate ,Bryan,so much as contempt.
They promised the next level.
We assumed it was upwards,not downwards.

Our hopes have been steadily lowered over recent years.

Brazilians are buying the club (n/t) on 11:25 - May 20 with 2679 viewsmax936

Brazilians are buying the club (n/t) on 11:17 - May 20 by Lorax

Oh I understand that but given what the owners have been saying, I dont think they'd allow it. They want the club to be sustainable, they want us producing players and then selling for profit, it's a long term deal and I don't think they will accept losing money, not yet anyway.

At the very least I expect any sale to be made after we have sold this years crown jewels, if they leave they will cash in as much as they can first. I know that could affect the clubs value too but they will want the best deal possible. If the club was sold now, Silverstein would want his loan paying back to start with.

Don't know what to make of Jake exactly, the "narrative" purported is that he disrupted a "family holiday" to oversee the clubs Transfers in January, seeing on how well that went, I very much doubt that was is reason he was here.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Brazilians are buying the club (n/t) on 11:29 - May 20 with 2659 viewsDr_Winston

Brazilians are buying the club (n/t) on 11:13 - May 20 by BryanSwan

You are quite right of course.

Mistakes were made early on, the biggest one of which was trusting Jenkins and allowing him to play Football Manager with the clubs money. Most of the struggles we've had since relegation have their roots in that decision.

They are, to a degree, now doing things right and trying to keep the club as solvent as possible whilst still spending as much as they can on the team. It's a fine balancing act and you could make a justified case that we're still spending too much.

Unfortunately there are still too many people who seem to think that there's a case for spending more. These people are dumb.

Brazilians are buying the club (n/t) on 11:30 - May 20 with 2658 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

My issue with the owners as it’s always been is that they are so distant. We don’t know who half of them are for a start, you hardly hear anything from them, they never come over. So that gives the overwhelming feeling they don’t give a toss.
Brazilians are buying the club (n/t) on 11:39 - May 20 with 2628 viewsonehunglow

Brazilians are buying the club (n/t) on 11:30 - May 20 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

My issue with the owners as it’s always been is that they are so distant. We don’t know who half of them are for a start, you hardly hear anything from them, they never come over. So that gives the overwhelming feeling they don’t give a toss.

Yep,The Absentees.
This is not we were urged to buy into.

This is where we have been deceived

Brazilians are buying the club (n/t) on 11:39 - May 20 with 2629 viewsReslovenSwan1

How do you know they will not take a loss.? Under certain circumstance they might consider it. For example if they want to buy an up and coming Mexican team or another US teams team and need cash for example.

They are effectively taking a financial hit with the Convertible loan note if they convert. Silverstein might want to back out and selling up is a way of doing this without losing face. They could for example buy shares at £300k per 1% in June and sell for £400k per 1% in July. The US owners have not seen any love off the locals.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Brazilians are buying the club (n/t) on 11:40 - May 20 with 2625 viewsBryanSwan

Brazilians are buying the club (n/t) on 11:23 - May 20 by onehunglow

It's not hate ,Bryan,so much as contempt.
They promised the next level.
We assumed it was upwards,not downwards.

Our hopes have been steadily lowered over recent years.

I think they probably got a bit of a raw deal initially, we were on a downward trend at that point after Monk.
They probably thoight they could just carry on what was done previously and we would be fine to stay in the premier league.
One thing i would say is theyve done well to keep the club in a good financial position since relegation.

Brazilians are buying the club (n/t) on 11:40 - May 20 with 2622 viewsonehunglow

Brazilians are buying the club (n/t) on 11:39 - May 20 by ReslovenSwan1

How do you know they will not take a loss.? Under certain circumstance they might consider it. For example if they want to buy an up and coming Mexican team or another US teams team and need cash for example.

They are effectively taking a financial hit with the Convertible loan note if they convert. Silverstein might want to back out and selling up is a way of doing this without losing face. They could for example buy shares at £300k per 1% in June and sell for £400k per 1% in July. The US owners have not seen any love off the locals.

Last sentence.
Dead right

Brazilians are buying the club (n/t) on 11:43 - May 20 with 2620 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Brazilians are buying the club (n/t) on 11:39 - May 20 by onehunglow

Yep,The Absentees.
This is not we were urged to buy into.

This is where we have been deceived

You only have to look at Wrexham and the positive effect committed and passionate owners can have. The ground is bouncing every week, there’s a real good positive feel around the club.

It makes such a difference.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024