Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 12:44 - Jul 25 with 27871 viewsNotLoyal

It’s the first game of the season at a newly promoted side away from home. The likely outcome is obvious but we have to have some hope. A draw would be decent, these first games of the season away from home are no guide but can often end in defeat.

Away Fans Info
A decent place to meet is at the union club and the owner opens his front and back doors to away fans for all Rotherham United matches. Here are the details.

The Union Club, ( Transport Club )
Union Street,
Masbrough,
Rotherham S61 1AA

The owner Paul is on 07565853802 if you want to contact him to open up at a certain time. They sell a wide range of beers, cider and have a decent pub food menu. About a ten minute walk to the stadium.

Rotherham ‘Facts Explained ’
Gordon Banks is from Rotherham, he was a goalkeeper who only had one eye when he retired. Gordon in currently dead. Pocket Handkerchief Lane, now there’s a name to work with ? It’s a name of a lane in Rotherham. It is said that in this lane the Pocket Handkerchief was first conceived. Not literally. However we think that could be a load of bollocks. The Chuckle brothers are from Rotherham. Nowadays they are a singular act as one of them is also currently dead. Saxon and Jive Bunny are from the town, hard to work out I know. Especially when legend has it that Barnsley is where Saxon hail from. Even more difficult is Jive Bunny. They do come from Rotherham and often got themselves in a right pickle.

We know you won’t believe this but the first football was made out of cheese in Rotherham. It was made by a chap called Billy Miller. Billy was the cousin of another Rotherham great named William of Hague. Hence the nickname ‘The Millers’ That’s possibly enough true, startling and fun facts for now.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/58075/big-swansea-city-s

Rotherham United: Viktor Johansson, Wes Harding, Dan Barlaser, Richard Wood (captain), Ben Wiles, Chiedozie Ogbene, Conor Washington, Jamie Lindsay, Shane Ferguson, Grant Hall, Cam Humphreys.

Substitutes: Josh Vickers, Cohen Bramall, Jamie McCart, Georgie Kelly, Scott High, Hakeem Odoffin, Peter Kioso.

Swansea City: Andy Fisher; Nathan Wood, Kyle Naughton, Harry Darling; Joel Latibeaudiere, Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Matty Sorinola; Joel Piroe, Jamie Paterson, Michael Obafemi.

Substitutes: Steven Benda, Ryan Manning, Ben Cabango, Ollie Cooper, Olivier Ntcham, Liam Cullen, Cameron Congreve.

More to follow.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 12:56 - Jul 25 with 7949 viewsFireboy2

We do have a chance of winning though.
Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 13:04 - Jul 25 with 7942 viewsBoundy

Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 12:56 - Jul 25 by Fireboy2

Good chance of the result going either way but lets be positive . We still have a more that adequate attacking threat and we missed more than we converted on Saturday so a win for us

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 13:31 - Jul 25 with 7921 viewsFireboy2

Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 13:04 - Jul 25 by Boundy

Good chance of the result going either way but lets be positive . We still have a more that adequate attacking threat and we missed more than we converted on Saturday so a win for us

Definitely boundy, we are going as ever with eternal optimism BUT if we lose I won't have the solace of alcohol as a pain killer as I'm driving.
Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 13:36 - Jul 25 with 7914 viewsshandyjack

i'd be disappointed with anything but a win tbh, pt is fair enough but losing shouldn't even be a consideration with the squad we have

Poll: Expectation for the season

Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 13:38 - Jul 25 with 7911 viewsshandyjack

Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 13:31 - Jul 25 by Fireboy2

Definitely boundy, we are going as ever with eternal optimism BUT if we lose I won't have the solace of alcohol as a pain killer as I'm driving.

where are you planning on parking up there?

Poll: Expectation for the season

Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 14:04 - Jul 25 with 7879 viewsFireboy2

Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 13:38 - Jul 25 by shandyjack

where are you planning on parking up there?

Dunno but there are a few car parks close to the ground, going to meet the red lion lot before the game, drive into town and park up at one of the car parks.
Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 16:57 - Jul 25 with 7759 viewsvetchonian

Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 12:56 - Jul 25 by Fireboy2

we do FB we do ....a 50/50 chance lets look on the bright side

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 16:58 - Jul 25 with 7754 viewsKeithHaynes

Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 14:04 - Jul 25 by Fireboy2

Dunno but there are a few car parks close to the ground, going to meet the red lion lot before the game, drive into town and park up at one of the car parks.

There’s a new one right behind the away end mate,

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Login to get fewer ads

Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 17:04 - Jul 25 with 7746 viewsFireboy2

Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 16:57 - Jul 25 by vetchonian

we do FB we do ....a 50/50 chance lets look on the bright side

It's actually 33/33/33 vetch 😉👍
Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 17:05 - Jul 25 with 7744 viewsFireboy2

Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 16:58 - Jul 25 by KeithHaynes

There’s a new one right behind the away end mate,

Nice one, cheers Keith 👍
Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 17:05 - Jul 25 with 7744 viewsbuilthjack

Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 13:31 - Jul 25 by Fireboy2

Turned religious?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 17:15 - Jul 25 with 7733 viewsvetchonian

Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 17:04 - Jul 25 by Fireboy2

No forget the draw that unless we are 3 up

Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 17:25 - Jul 25 with 7711 viewsFireboy2

Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 17:05 - Jul 25 by builthjack

Turned religious?

You know me well K 😌
Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 17:26 - Jul 25 with 7710 viewsFireboy2

Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 17:15 - Jul 25 by vetchonian

No forget the draw that unless we are 3 up

Hopefully sh!t like that won't happen this season 🙏
Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 17:36 - Jul 25 with 7700 viewsWhiterockin

0-2 Swansea Piroe and Oba.
Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 17:52 - Jul 25 with 7674 viewspencoedjack

1 3

Grimes (pen)
Piroe 2
Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 18:49 - Jul 25 with 7600 viewsKeithHaynes

Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 17:04 - Jul 25 by Fireboy2

The one percent left is the Harry Darling back pass 😂

Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 19:32 - Jul 25 with 7524 viewsSirjohnalot

Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 18:49 - Jul 25 by KeithHaynes

The one percent left is the Harry Darling back pass 😂

I’m probably going to park in the interchange car park.
Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 21:03 - Jul 25 with 7424 viewsBryanSwan

This has come around quickly.
Id go with:
Fisher
Naughton Wood Darling Manning
Fulton Grimes
Ntcham Piroe Paterson
Obafemi

RU 1 - 3 SWA

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 02:54 - Jul 26 with 7285 viewsSTID2017

Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 21:03 - Jul 25 by BryanSwan

This has come around quickly.
Id go with:
Fisher
Naughton Wood Darling Manning
Fulton Grimes
Ntcham Piroe Paterson
Obafemi

RU 1 - 3 SWA

I think Cabango will start in place of Wood.
3-1 to Swans for me too

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 (UPDATED TUES ) on 16:38 - Jul 26 with 6951 viewsSwans9

Staying in Sheffield now Fri to Sunday. I will take a 1 1 draw piroe and a swans og. I think Cabango will be on the bench not quite game fit yet.
NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 (UPDATED TUES ) on 17:06 - Jul 26 with 6921 viewsKeithHaynes

There’s some more fans info in the OP.

Plus this.

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 (UPDATED TUES ) on 11:02 - Jul 27 with 6617 viewsKeithHaynes

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/58056/rotherham-united-i

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 (UPDATED TUES ) on 12:41 - Jul 27 with 6541 viewsSirjohnalot

https://www.themillers.co.uk/siteassets/image/documents/matchday-parking.pdf

Seems a decent place to park.

When were RU last in the Championship ? Don't think I've been there before
NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 (UPDATED TUES ) on 13:00 - Jul 27 with 6521 viewsvetchonian

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 (UPDATED TUES ) on 12:41 - Jul 27 by Sirjohnalot

https://www.themillers.co.uk/siteassets/image/documents/matchday-parking.pdf

Seems a decent place to park.

When were RU last in the Championship ? Don't think I've been there before

They were in the championship until the season before last Manning played for them in our first season back in the championship under Potter 2 pens I think we did the double over them 2020/21 season beating them 1-3 up there

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024