Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Pound 13:57 - Sep 24 with 87897 viewsStanmiguel

Well, the money markets didn't like the mini budget.
I met Liz Truss in a hotel in Monmouth a few years ago.
She said her solution to pensioner poverty would be to feed them on Pedigree Chum.
Not only would this save a lot of money, it would give them shiny coats and a nice cold nose.
The Pound on 13:58 - Oct 19 with 1869 viewsQPR_Jim

The Pound on 13:29 - Oct 19 by hubble

Interesting. And you're not going through a VPN? I can't view rt.com on my phone, using either chrome or firefox, via ISP or mobile data, same with my laptop. Nor is it available on my TV. And it is a fact that it has been blocked in the UK, so I'm not sure how you're able to view it if you're in the UK and not using a VPN.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2022 13:31]

I'm on the works wifi, so I don't know. I'll try from home later.

I was curious to see what message it would come up with but the website just opened for me.
The Pound on 14:26 - Oct 19 with 1806 viewsRs_Holy

The Pound on 13:14 - Oct 19 by hubble

RT is no more state propaganda than the BBC is.

And both you and Vain have missed the point: we do not have free access to whatever information we choose to view; big tech, social media platforms and Western governments collude to curate and censor what you can and can't see. It may be better than China, but it's still nowhere near free.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2022 13:16]

I promise this is my last Ukraine post on the wrong thread!

The Beeb is far from perfect but this is their report on the latest from the Donetsk region...

This chap (who has now fled Russia) has managed to source some Russian media/tv reports (TV exerts start at 4:45)... I'm no expert but there appears to be a different approach to BBC and Russian reporting???
The Pound on 14:28 - Oct 19 with 1799 viewsBucksRanger

The Pound on 13:58 - Oct 19 by QPR_Jim

I'm on the works wifi, so I don't know. I'll try from home later.

I was curious to see what message it would come up with but the website just opened for me.

This site can’t provide a secure connection

rt.com sent an invalid response.
The Pound on 15:56 - Oct 19 with 1703 viewskensalriser

The Pound on 13:14 - Oct 19 by hubble

RT is no more state propaganda than the BBC is.

And both you and Vain have missed the point: we do not have free access to whatever information we choose to view; big tech, social media platforms and Western governments collude to curate and censor what you can and can't see. It may be better than China, but it's still nowhere near free.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2022 13:16]

There's plenty to be concerned about in the UK: criminalisation of protest and dissent, government bullying of media and the judiciary, corrupt and dark money at the highest levels...but calling equivalence between the BBC and RT is simply laughable, that's not a sensible conversation in any way.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

The Pound on 17:05 - Oct 19 with 1638 viewshubble

The Pound on 15:56 - Oct 19 by kensalriser

There's plenty to be concerned about in the UK: criminalisation of protest and dissent, government bullying of media and the judiciary, corrupt and dark money at the highest levels...but calling equivalence between the BBC and RT is simply laughable, that's not a sensible conversation in any way.

It's only laughable if you have no idea of your inherent bias towards the institution that you've known and trusted all your life. If, on the other hand, you've studied the whole spectrum of media, including RT since its inception, and measured them all against each other over many years, weighing their respective stances on any given subject, that you can see just how biased each one is; and the BBC is as culpable in mis or disinformation as any other state news organisation, in not only what it chooses to highlight, but what it chooses to leave out. Having worked for BBC news for over 3 and a half years (1998-2001) I experienced that at first hand. Having seen its at times incredible bias towards things I actually know personally to be different or untrue, I am under no illusions about the BBC, any more than I am about RT. And over the years, I have found RT to often be more reliable than the BBC when it comes to UK and global affairs.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2022 17:09]

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

The Pound on 17:26 - Oct 19 with 1598 viewsRanger_Things

On a lighter note…

The Pound on 17:35 - Oct 19 with 1585 viewsRanger_Things

[Post edited 20 Oct 2022 6:52]
The Pound on 19:36 - Oct 19 with 1496 viewsHAYESBOY

Shirley they can't carry on for much longer.? Home Secretary off now.
Grant Schapps (if that's his real name) in.

Clowns.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Login to get fewer ads

The Pound on 19:40 - Oct 19 with 1474 viewscolinallcars

Truss wants to move the House of Commons to Newmarket. I think she wants stable government.
The Pound on 09:48 - Oct 20 with 1281 viewsRs_Holy

The Pound on 12:14 - Oct 20 with 1211 viewsSharpy36

The Pound on 14:03 - Oct 14 by Northernr

Who had money on the lettuce ?

You may have won.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

The Pound on 13:35 - Oct 20 with 1146 viewsR_from_afar

Beale stays - hoorah - Truss resigns! She just resigned.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

The Pound on 13:37 - Oct 20 with 1145 viewsessextaxiboy

The Pound on 13:35 - Oct 20 by R_from_afar

Beale stays - hoorah - Truss resigns! She just resigned.

Penny Mordaunt …. Come on down
The Pound on 13:43 - Oct 20 with 1136 viewsSharpy36

Get your money on Rishi the snake for a total WEF take over of Britain.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

The Pound on 13:47 - Oct 20 with 1114 viewsRanger_Things

Let’s see how long our new messiah [add corrupt incompetent Tory’s name here] lasts.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2022 14:06]
The Pound on 14:18 - Oct 20 with 1022 viewsSheffieldHoop

The Pound on 13:43 - Oct 20 by Sharpy36

Get your money on Rishi the snake for a total WEF take over of Britain.

I thought we'd end up with CCP sleeper agent & Lockdown fanatic Jeremy Hunt, but suspect you could be right. Time for a general election. Not sure I'll bother voting this time.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

The Pound on 15:29 - Oct 20 with 912 viewsClive_Anderson

Seems they can just force out multiple PMs these days by making a massive fuss in the media. She obviously wasn't supposed to win the leadership contest.

I wonder which WEF globalist stooge we'll have installed instead, voted for by absolutely no one at all.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024