Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2 of cardiffs 02:08 - Oct 9 with 2262 viewsangryjack

Goals yesterday was scored in oversized goals..th f.a.to probe Wigan.....no wander they scored 3
2 of cardiffs on 17:21 - Oct 9 with 1978 viewsKeithHaynes

Some would say those in the sea weren’t the proper goal posts.

In reality.

To add to the farce, Cardiff’s third goal - scored by Ryan Wintle - went in off the underside of the taller crossbar at the North End of the Latics’ DW Stadium.

Wigan boss Leam Richardson said: “It just summed our day up — if he’d had the free kick at the other end, it would have bounced off the crossbar and not into the goal.”

The EFL confirmed to SunSport that goal-line technology was recalibrated before kick-off, but FA Law 1, regarding the field of play, stipulates goals must by eight foot tall by eight yards wide.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

2 of cardiffs on 19:36 - Oct 9 with 1889 viewsBrynmill_Jack

2 of cardiffs on 17:21 - Oct 9 by KeithHaynes

Some would say those in the sea weren’t the proper goal posts.

In reality.

To add to the farce, Cardiff’s third goal - scored by Ryan Wintle - went in off the underside of the taller crossbar at the North End of the Latics’ DW Stadium.

Wigan boss Leam Richardson said: “It just summed our day up — if he’d had the free kick at the other end, it would have bounced off the crossbar and not into the goal.”

The EFL confirmed to SunSport that goal-line technology was recalibrated before kick-off, but FA Law 1, regarding the field of play, stipulates goals must by eight foot tall by eight yards wide.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Replay the match with normal goals and deduct Cardiff three points for cheating.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

2 of cardiffs on 19:44 - Oct 9 with 1883 viewsdantheswansman

This is clearly a case of competitive integrity, you cannot allow any teams to change the rules and defined regulations, the goal measurements were not what every other club in the league has, why should this game be considered legal, the rules were broken regardless of who was playing and that cannot stand, its cheating! simple as that, it doesn't even matter that both teams had a chance to play against the larger goal, the larger goal should NOT have been there regardless, if we cannot have consistent rules applied to all teams competing then what exactly is the point?
2 of cardiffs on 19:51 - Oct 9 with 1867 viewsGixerJack

2 of cardiffs on 19:44 - Oct 9 by dantheswansman

This is clearly a case of competitive integrity, you cannot allow any teams to change the rules and defined regulations, the goal measurements were not what every other club in the league has, why should this game be considered legal, the rules were broken regardless of who was playing and that cannot stand, its cheating! simple as that, it doesn't even matter that both teams had a chance to play against the larger goal, the larger goal should NOT have been there regardless, if we cannot have consistent rules applied to all teams competing then what exactly is the point?

💯!!! What if Cardiff get into the playoffs or avoid relegation on goal difference or Wigan fail to reach the playoffs or safety on goal difference?

The integrity of the league has been compromised. The score line should be wiped out and the game replayed.
2 of cardiffs on 19:53 - Oct 9 with 1862 viewsdantheswansman

2 of cardiffs on 19:51 - Oct 9 by GixerJack

💯!!! What if Cardiff get into the playoffs or avoid relegation on goal difference or Wigan fail to reach the playoffs or safety on goal difference?

The integrity of the league has been compromised. The score line should be wiped out and the game replayed.

Exactly, no matter how "trivial" this may appear at first thought its broken defined rules everyone else follows, it cannot stand as an official result, i agree the game needs to be replayed or both teams docked 3 points for cheating and that is me being lenient
2 of cardiffs on 20:28 - Oct 9 with 1801 viewsBoundy

2 of cardiffs on 19:53 - Oct 9 by dantheswansman

Exactly, no matter how "trivial" this may appear at first thought its broken defined rules everyone else follows, it cannot stand as an official result, i agree the game needs to be replayed or both teams docked 3 points for cheating and that is me being lenient

When you consider that some Cardiff fans believe that Salas death cost them staying in the PL then perhaps they’d be more than affable to the idea of replaying the match

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

2 of cardiffs on 20:35 - Oct 9 with 1790 viewsraynor94

It was Cardiff who pointed out the error, fans were already in the ground, and both teams after consultation with the referee agreed for the game to go ahead.

As much as I detest Cardiff they can hardly be accused of cheating here.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

2 of cardiffs on 20:42 - Oct 9 with 1785 viewsGixerJack

2 of cardiffs on 20:35 - Oct 9 by raynor94

It was Cardiff who pointed out the error, fans were already in the ground, and both teams after consultation with the referee agreed for the game to go ahead.

As much as I detest Cardiff they can hardly be accused of cheating here.

I’m not disputing any of that. What I’m saying is that if promotion or relegation for another team is affected by this result it could leave the league itself open to litigation for allowing it to stand.
Login to get fewer ads

2 of cardiffs on 05:53 - Oct 10 with 1625 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Pity the groundsman did not have a hacksaw in his tool bag. They could have cut off the offending two inches from the bottom of the goalposts.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

2 of cardiffs on 08:59 - Oct 10 with 1546 viewsbennytheblue

Comedy gold here….
2 of cardiffs on 09:06 - Oct 10 with 1535 viewsSirjohnalot

Cardiff weren’t playing at home, they benefitted, if it was us, don’t think we’d moan.
2 of cardiffs on 09:15 - Oct 10 with 1511 viewsGixerJack

2 of cardiffs on 08:59 - Oct 10 by bennytheblue

Comedy gold here….

I know, having given it a bit of thought after posting, the suggestion that you lot are going to be anywhere near the playoffs come the end of the season is laughable but I was hoping no one would notice and I’d get away with it.

Anyway, a bit of exciting news for you, I’m out in Gran Canaria at the moment and thought Mark Hudson was here but it turned out to be a proper dogfight where they were scrapping over a bone

🪱
2 of cardiffs on 10:15 - Oct 10 with 1477 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Couldn’t they have just taken a few minutes to fix it? Doesn’t seem like an overly complex thing to do.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

2 of cardiffs on 10:39 - Oct 10 with 1458 viewsSTID2017

I am not sure what the issue is ?
Same as some pitches are sloped ?
One team gets the advantage the first half then the other team the second half ?
Not sure so many would have worried if Wigan had gained a couple of goals advantage due to the higher bar ?
Still seems odd it should have occurred in the professional game as they are used to taking down and putting up goalposts?

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

2 of cardiffs on 13:48 - Oct 10 with 1387 viewsKeithHaynes

2 of cardiffs on 10:15 - Oct 10 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Couldn’t they have just taken a few minutes to fix it? Doesn’t seem like an overly complex thing to do.

Big hammer ?

2 of cardiffs on 13:59 - Oct 10 with 1375 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

2 of cardiffs on 13:48 - Oct 10 by KeithHaynes

Big hammer ?

I’ve never had any complaints but let’s stick to the topic of the goalposts.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2022 14:00]

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

2 of cardiffs on 14:56 - Oct 10 with 1337 viewsBarrySwan

I'd have thought the matter to be quite simple and uncomplicated.

The height difference was known before kickoff.

The fact that both teams agreed to play is irrelevant.

The game should be replayed and Wigan fined or deducted points.
2 of cardiffs on 17:38 - Oct 10 with 1249 viewsGixerJack

2 of cardiffs on 10:39 - Oct 10 by STID2017

One team gets the advantage the first half then the other team the second half ?
Not sure so many would have worried if Wigan had gained a couple of goals advantage due to the higher bar ?
Still seems odd it should have occurred in the professional game as they are used to taking down and putting up goalposts?

The issue is, it’s against the rules and if allowances are made where does it stop? Could you imagine Clopp walking into the away dressing room to tell Pep that the groundsman has a bit of a mare this morning and the penalty box is two yards too big in each direction but the mancs are all in the ground now so can we agree to play anyway? Or one of our Scottish players sat on one of the crossbars and it’s 6” lower in the middle, is that ok? Or the 1/2 way line is 3/4 of the way down the pitch so our striker can stand 30 yards from goal and not be offside, you cool with that Pep?
2 of cardiffs on 18:06 - Oct 10 with 1228 viewsmax936

Comedy gold here….

Agreed

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

2 of cardiffs on 18:44 - Oct 10 with 1196 viewsKeithHaynes

Comedy gold here….

It beats all the insults that used to appear in here for sure mate 👍

2 of cardiffs on 18:49 - Oct 10 with 1193 viewsswan65split

2 of cardiffs on 10:15 - Oct 10 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Uni students fixed ours in 68 , we managed it.
2 of cardiffs on 08:11 - Oct 11 with 1080 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Does it mean we beat Hull 6 - 0 as we hit the crossbar 3 tines and if we had the same size goals as Wigan had they would have gone in.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

2 of cardiffs on 08:15 - Oct 11 with 1074 viewsDr_Winston

2 of cardiffs on 10:39 - Oct 10 by STID2017

Yep.

I would imagine if anyone faces sanction it'll be the ref who knew beforehand and still allowed the game to go ahead. That's a big IF. As both teams agreed to play the game it's all a fuss over nothing.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024