Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
WTF 15:45 - Jan 27 with 1297 viewsCountyJim

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-64400776

This is tragic but surely the family are the first to blame not social services
WTF on 15:58 - Jan 27 with 1262 viewsScotia

These cases are horrendous, and I can see where you're coming from regarding the blame game, although I must declare an interset as the Mrs is a social worker.

Who knows what this poor woman put her family through, probably through no fault of her own? Perhaps contact with her family made her symptoms worse?

Most of the cases that my wife deals with (usually domestic violence) end up in the hands of social services becasue the victim has taken advantage of her family for years and they can't help them any longer. The duty of care then lies with social services.

Tragic that this still goes on in the UK in 2023. It shouldn't, this woman should have been helped long before it came to this.
WTF on 19:57 - Jan 27 with 1171 viewsSullutaCreturned

What I'm struggling with is, how did she lay there dead for 3 years with nobody noticing? What kind of word is it when nobody notices that, not even the people whose job it is to notice?

She was in social housing, how come they didn't notice? How did she pay her other bills, why didn't they notice?

Did absolutely nobody miss her? How extremely, terrifyingly sad is that?
WTF on 21:05 - Jan 27 with 1137 viewsScotia

WTF on 19:57 - Jan 27 by SullutaCreturned

What I'm struggling with is, how did she lay there dead for 3 years with nobody noticing? What kind of word is it when nobody notices that, not even the people whose job it is to notice?

She was in social housing, how come they didn't notice? How did she pay her other bills, why didn't they notice?

Did absolutely nobody miss her? How extremely, terrifyingly sad is that?

I suspect its likely that her rent payments were still paid directly to her landlord because of her mental health issues. Not many people are in that situation anymore.

I hate to say it but it's also possible that her neighbours won't have known her or noticed any bad smells out of the ordinary. My wife was in Griffith John flats last week and she said there were puddles of human piss and shit on most landings and in the lifts.

It's a sad indictment but if she wasn't dangerous to herself, didn't want to engage with authorities or her family then this kind of thing can happen.

Another example of broken social care / NHS.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024