Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Maybe 08:15 - Feb 1 with 2890 viewsangryjack

The owners just don't trust Martin with any more funds,makes sense,perhaps seeing season out and getting rid,hope so..just a thought
Maybe on 08:18 - Feb 1 with 2194 viewsmagicdaps10

Can't be ruled out but it could just be other things like they just don't want to spend money and put it in the bank and safe on wages.........25k a week saved on wages so I hear, 100k a month.

Let's be fair, its not the first window they have scrapped the barrel 🙈

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Maybe on 08:24 - Feb 1 with 2175 viewsangryjack

Maybe on 08:18 - Feb 1 by magicdaps10

Can't be ruled out but it could just be other things like they just don't want to spend money and put it in the bank and safe on wages.........25k a week saved on wages so I hear, 100k a month.

Sooner they gone the better..its a mess from top to bottom
Maybe on 08:27 - Feb 1 with 2175 viewsSirjohnalot

Back him or sack him
Maybe on 08:27 - Feb 1 with 2175 viewspete

Maybe on 08:18 - Feb 1 by magicdaps10

Magic as far as i am concerned they have knocked the bottom out of the barrel they are a disgrace
Maybe on 08:50 - Feb 1 with 2135 viewsBadlands

Maybe on 08:27 - Feb 1 by Sirjohnalot

Back him or sack him

They have backed him and he’s delivered … mediocrity and player fall out.
TBF maybe they are saving money for the sake of it but, from their point of view …
32% of the club’s owners provide nothing.
A series of loan signings have not been used and their clubs are reluctant to loan us players, a couple have
Bought players believed to be Martin's choice have not performed
Players were lined up but chose other clubs (perennial problem for all our managers because of geography and player perception)
Costs may have been out of our range.
If last week's rumours of new investors or even a buy out were true they may well be reluctant to tinker with the portfolio.
Despite 40% of fans flip flopping on Martin every time we scrape a win, for the most part most fans for most of the time would be happy to see him replaced.
Ambition, sometimes, is staying where you are.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Maybe on 09:03 - Feb 1 with 2110 viewsonehunglow

Nobody should be surprised
We are in dire need of need owners
That simple

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Maybe on 09:12 - Feb 1 with 2103 viewsBadlands

Maybe on 09:03 - Feb 1 by onehunglow

Nobody should be surprised
We are in dire need of need owners
That simple

Or the Trust, which contributes less than nothing, could offer 21% of the club to an interested partner. Then, in keeping with the wishes of everyone who abused Jenkins et al, could gift the money to the club.
As supporters we could encourage 3,000 friends to attend games which would pay the wages of 2 - 3 players.
Football fans in general expect everyone else to pay for their entertainment.
We need new owner? I remeber the same said before Petty bought the club.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Maybe on 09:25 - Feb 1 with 2064 viewsonehunglow

Maybe on 09:12 - Feb 1 by Badlands

Or the Trust, which contributes less than nothing, could offer 21% of the club to an interested partner. Then, in keeping with the wishes of everyone who abused Jenkins et al, could gift the money to the club.
As supporters we could encourage 3,000 friends to attend games which would pay the wages of 2 - 3 players.

We do.

Login to get fewer ads

Maybe on 10:37 - Feb 1 with 1992 viewsSirjohnalot

Maybe on 08:50 - Feb 1 by Badlands

They have backed him and he’s delivered … mediocrity and player fall out.
TBF maybe they are saving money for the sake of it but, from their point of view …
32% of the club’s owners provide nothing.
A series of loan signings have not been used and their clubs are reluctant to loan us players, a couple have
Bought players believed to be Martin's choice have not performed
Players were lined up but chose other clubs (perennial problem for all our managers because of geography and player perception)
Costs may have been out of our range.
If last week's rumours of new investors or even a buy out were true they may well be reluctant to tinker with the portfolio.
Despite 40% of fans flip flopping on Martin every time we scrape a win, for the most part most fans for most of the time would be happy to see him replaced.
Ambition, sometimes, is staying where you are.

In which case this must have been known in December. Get rid of him and back the new man. Cannot have it both ways
Maybe on 10:39 - Feb 1 with 1980 viewsunion_jack

Maybe on 08:27 - Feb 1 by Sirjohnalot

Back him or sack him

Both far too costly for this lot.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Maybe on 10:42 - Feb 1 with 1926 viewsDr_Parnassus

Maybe on 10:37 - Feb 1 by Sirjohnalot

In which case this must have been known in December. Get rid of him and back the new man. Cannot have it both ways

There is only so much money around.

The cost of sacking him would probably eat up any money for transfers for the new manager, if that money exists at all.

In the last 18 months they have spent more than any other 18 month period in our football league history, have given us an 8 figure loan note that they are converting debt to equity.

Honestly don’t know what people are realistically expecting.

I understand it’s fashionable to blame them for everything, but in reality what more can people expect of them?

This window has been disappearing but it’s not like we had millions to spend anyway, I can’t think of anyone we were linked to that has severely hampered us by not getting.

Ogbene maybe at a push? But he wasn’t sold on coming here anyway.

I’d have preferred him to patch things up with Obafemi, Pato and Whittaker personally. 3 excellent attacking options there and he’s done his best to make life very difficult at the club for all of them.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2023 10:43]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Maybe on 11:26 - Feb 1 with 1872 viewsBoundy

Maybe on 09:12 - Feb 1 by Badlands

Selective memory ,try revisiting your dubious memory bank. The yanks as posted elsewhere have due to their incompetence messed up ,nothing to do with the trust

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Maybe on 13:18 - Feb 1 with 1793 viewsgrabsplatter

Maybe on 10:42 - Feb 1 by Dr_Parnassus

The cost of sacking him would probably eat up any money for transfers for the new manager, if that money exists at all.

In the last 18 months they have spent more than any other 18 month period in our football league history, have given us an 8 figure loan note that they are converting debt to equity.

I understand it’s fashionable to blame them for everything, but in reality what more can people expect of them?

This window has been disappearing but it’s not like we had millions to spend anyway, I can’t think of anyone we were linked to that has severely hampered us by not getting.

I’d have preferred him to patch things up with Obafemi, Pato and Whittaker personally. 3 excellent attacking options there and he’s done his best to make life very difficult at the club for all of them.

While you've been consistently mentioning the fact that the current owners have paid out in transfer fees over the last 18 months it needs pointing out that they've recouped over £10 million for Downes.
Highly relevant when reviewing the funding they've given the club.
Maybe on 13:22 - Feb 1 with 1783 viewsswan65split

Its a hedge fund , too make money, not spend money.....weve reached our peak with this lot.
Maybe on 13:42 - Feb 1 with 1737 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Maybe on 13:18 - Feb 1 by grabsplatter

While you've been consistently mentioning the fact that the current owners have paid out in transfer fees over the last 18 months it needs pointing out that they've recouped over £10 million for Downes.

"Given" the club?
Maybe on 13:43 - Feb 1 with 1735 viewscadleigh

Judging by Mitchelmore’s article on Wales Online, it sounds like Marsh et al were pretty busy doing their job - ie identifying and lining up players that fit the mould of what Martin wanted.

If the CEO has to go scurrying to individual shareholders to get sign-off for every single offer we put in, then that’s a massive failure of governance by the Board, including our supporter-director and observers, and renders the CEO little more than a bag carrier. No wonder we scored so badly on governance in the recent football sustainability index. Are other clubs really run like this? We weren’t under Birch or Jenkins; the Board is supposed to agree a budget and let the executive team deliver the plan.

To return to OHL’s original question, if the majority shareholders (let’s not even talk about a ‘Board’ as though there was a functioning one any more) had decided not to back Martin in this window because he’s on his way out, then why the hell not get shot of him before the window opened and give another manager a go? Presumably, as Keith has said, they won’t release him before the summer of 2024 (!!!) because of the compensation involved, so I don’t think that theory holds water. Unless they are trying to force him out by starving him of the round pegs he needs to try to make his game plan work.

Meanwhile, Martin’s position is now stronger than ever. Many supporters will put failure this season - if that’s what occurs - down to this transfer window, not to his management. The noisy micro-minority (thankfully absent from this forum) who think he is “the real deal” and try to bully anyone who disagrees will be insisting that he should get a medal for anything better than 21st place, mark my words.

Poll: How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around?

Maybe on 14:05 - Feb 1 with 1685 viewsWhiterockin

Maybe on 13:43 - Feb 1 by cadleigh

Judging by Mitchelmore’s article on Wales Online, it sounds like Marsh et al were pretty busy doing their job - ie identifying and lining up players that fit the mould of what Martin wanted.

If the CEO has to go scurrying to individual shareholders to get sign-off for every single offer we put in, then that’s a massive failure of governance by the Board, including our supporter-director and observers, and renders the CEO little more than a bag carrier. No wonder we scored so badly on governance in the recent football sustainability index. Are other clubs really run like this? We weren’t under Birch or Jenkins; the Board is supposed to agree a budget and let the executive team deliver the plan.

To return to OHL’s original question, if the majority shareholders (let’s not even talk about a ‘Board’ as though there was a functioning one any more) had decided not to back Martin in this window because he’s on his way out, then why the hell not get shot of him before the window opened and give another manager a go? Presumably, as Keith has said, they won’t release him before the summer of 2024 (!!!) because of the compensation involved, so I don’t think that theory holds water. Unless they are trying to force him out by starving him of the round pegs he needs to try to make his game plan work.

Meanwhile, Martin’s position is now stronger than ever. Many supporters will put failure this season - if that’s what occurs - down to this transfer window, not to his management. The noisy micro-minority (thankfully absent from this forum) who think he is “the real deal” and try to bully anyone who disagrees will be insisting that he should get a medal for anything better than 21st place, mark my words.

It's far to early to judge if this season is good, bad or indifferent. 4 points off the play offs 13 points off the bottom three anything can happen. I like many feel we will end up comfortably mid table, change the ownership and IMO it would be classed as a good season.

I have always been pro the current owners and financial stability, but the last window was unacceptable, with a small investment in the correct areas we could have made real progress.

There's caution and downright lack of interest, time for them to get out.
Maybe on 14:24 - Feb 1 with 1644 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Maybe on 10:42 - Feb 1 by Dr_Parnassus

This keeps getting overlooked - he has been backed before and arguably did not make our starting XI stronger

we were never going to do much this window - I’d argue moving to a flat back 4 potentially stopped any move for a RWB

With our alleged financial situation depth is not a luxury we can expect to have no matter how much we want it.

Use who we’ve got as well as we can and we really won’t be far away

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Maybe on 15:34 - Feb 1 with 1565 viewsonehunglow

Maybe on 14:24 - Feb 1 by PatchesOHoulihan

This keeps getting overlooked - he has been backed before and arguably did not make our starting XI stronger

we were never going to do much this window - I’d argue moving to a flat back 4 potentially stopped any move for a RWB

With our alleged financial situation depth is not a luxury we can expect to have no matter how much we want it.

Use who we’ve got as well as we can and we really won’t be far away

With Fisher we will be nearer the drop zone

Maybe on 20:16 - Feb 1 with 1435 viewsgrabsplatter

Maybe on 13:42 - Feb 1 by A_Fans_Dad

"Given" the club?

Ok, how much money they've put into the club as owners, I think you know exactly what I mean.
Maybe on 22:55 - Feb 1 with 1351 viewsKilkennyjack

Well … he signed Flynn Downes for £1.5m and sold him 12 months later for £12million.

Thats good business by any measure.

Beware of the Risen People

Maybe on 00:32 - Feb 2 with 1323 viewsDr_Parnassus

Maybe on 13:18 - Feb 1 by grabsplatter

Why is that relevant?

Getting £10m for a player we paid a small amount for and giving millions back to reinvest whilst then filling an operational cost hole, is excellent ownership isn’t it?

What are you expecting out of interest?

Maybe on 00:35 - Feb 2 with 1320 viewsDr_Parnassus

Maybe on 20:16 - Feb 1 by grabsplatter

Ok, how much money they've put into the club as owners, I think you know exactly what I mean.

They have put more in as owners than any other owners in our history,

£10,000,000 from their own pockets last I checked.

Can you name an owner we have had that has put in more? In our whole entire history.

Same here.

Maybe on 08:19 - Feb 2 with 1249 viewsBoundy

Maybe on 00:35 - Feb 2 by Dr_Parnassus

They have put more in as owners than any other owners in our history,

£10,000,000 from their own pockets last I checked.

Can you name an owner we have had that has put in more? In our whole entire history.

Same here.

Given the money or do you mean loan the money ?

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Maybe on 08:27 - Feb 2 with 1239 viewsDr_Parnassus

Maybe on 08:19 - Feb 2 by Boundy

Given the money or do you mean loan the money ?

No, I mean given.

They have confirmed it will be converted to equity wiping it from the debt sheet.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024